What's new

Featured Pakistan's Shahpar II UAV Unveiled

IMG_20210325_103322.png

Shahpar-II was started to address the deficiencies of Shahpar-I, which are:
1. Lack of SATCOM (range limitation)
2. Lack of endurance
3. Lack of weapon carriage capability

I hope we see an armed Shahpar in the future with more range but it requires Pakistan to seriously invest in communication satellites.

kabhi randi rona band bhi karlo , we now have 3 different indigenous MALE programs in flight testing stages , which other country in Asia has that ?
Matlab CH4 bhi chahiyay armed , WL-2 bhi chahiyay armed , PAC kay UCAVs bhi chahiyay armed , itna armed uavs ka achar dalna , zaroori nahi hota kay har Uav armed ho , lekin nahi " i hope it has more range & carries mizzale in futur " lel

Last edited:
Also the Shahpar ii has been seen on sat as well before 😜, wingspan is a few metres bigger than Burraq , and its not the only type of indigenous drone undergoing flights at the same xyz air base

Just curious what engine is being used is it the same one for mashaq ie 200 hp from ....

I think you will know this:-)
Will AWC continue to work on Shahpar series UAV?
You once said its a mature design completely indigenous,so flight control systems, artificial intelligence type stuff developed for these UAVs will help them on further improving Raad series of missiles.will not it?
Apologies for the thread jump, didn't want to post off topic.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that question either. I had known about the design and development of Shahpar-II, and yes it is the most indigenous of Pakistani drones (well the PAC Azm MALE is pretty local too I think but I know less about that drone). So AWC does have valuable knowledge.

As far as Ra'ad is concerned, they are constantly improving it since it is basically their flagship project. Ra'ad 2 is a very different ALCM than the Ra'ad.

As far as technologies moving laterally, in my opinion it is the experience from Ra'ad that is enabling advances in the Shahpar program, and not the other way around. Ra'ad is just a suicide UCAV after all, and it precedes Shahpar.

Back
Top Bottom