What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
DSCN0477.JPG

Last edited:
small correction --- It will be joining the party soon ----
MK110_Rifle-580x373.jpg

it is a modular design, same as FN just swap out the Upper to change the Calibre
http://primaryweapons.com/store/product/mk110-rifle/
Now thaT IS ONE UGLYYYYYY looking weapon, perhaps it's performance makes up for it's looks.

guys just a question plz answer.i wanted to know about g3 how we tested and when we selected this gun what other guns were offered back then.
According to one of the more knowledgeable bloggers blain, M-16, type 56, were also tested, the m-16 had the most satisfactory performance but g3 was selected due to costs.

Now thaT IS ONE UGLYYYYYY looking weapon, perhaps it's performance makes up for it's looks.

According to one of the more knowledgeable bloggers blain, M-16, type 56, were also tested, the m-16 had the most satisfactory performance but g3 was selected due to costs.
and what year it was?

The Baddest Battle Rifle on the Planet! - FN SCAR 17S Definitive Review

FN SCAR 17S Heavy Review

Battle rifle evolved, FN SCAR 17s review (VIDEO)
4/03/14| by Jim Grant

When most folks hear the term battle rifle they imagine the venerable M14 or the FN FAL. Modern operators have a different, more modular choice: the FN SCAR 17s. Chambered in .308, this battle rifle makes both AR-15 and AK rifles feel wimpy by comparison. The SCAR ships with one steel 20-round magazine, features folding adjustable sights and retails for $2,999.99. Is the SCAR 17s an expensive toy or a serious rifle, watch the video to find out.

@balixd Sir after watching second video who on earth would test MK116 when we have FN SCAR

Last edited:
No matter how much ALL of us want the Pak Army to change there main rifle, i still feel that it wont be happening any time soon. At best we will see a few thousand guns bought to be used with some special units but it is not like that the G3 will be completely phased out and replaced with a new gun. Even though i strongly support that this should happen but i am not sure. It is not on the priority list as far as i can see, unfortunately.

No matter how much ALL of us want the Pak Army to change there main rifle, i still feel that it wont be happening any time soon. At best we will see a few thousand guns bought to be used with some special units but it is not like that the G3 will be completely phased out and replaced with a new gun. Even though i strongly support that this should happen but i am not sure. It is not on the priority list as far as i can see, unfortunately.
Sir G3 is going out and we are replacing G3 and no not only Special Forces but entire Armed Forces including Para Military would get new Gun. Yes it would take a decade to produce all the Guns to replace G3.

Sir G3 is going out and we are replacing G3 and no not only Special Forces but entire Armed Forces including Para Military would get new Gun. Yes it would take a decade to produce all the Guns to replace G3.
Once retired what will happen to these old G-3, type-56, I doubt any country will buy them. btw the lesser trained paramilitary will be fine with scoped type 56, steyr, m4 and even g3 for sniping. @Zarvan

Once retired what will happen to these old G-3, type-56, I doubt any country will buy them. btw the lesser trained paramilitary will be fine with scoped type 56, steyr, m4 and even g3 for sniping. @Zarvan
No Para Military will be given new Gun and as for G3 many will be sold and many scrapped and other uses.

Hi,

There is a big market in the U S for the G3----if refurbished properly and parts made available----this rifle will do well. Just need to remove the automatic function.

Plus---pakistan military can also donate them to other nations who need them.

Back
Top Bottom