What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
police and the rest do not have guns which even fire properly... donating or selling comes after a long line of organisations which need the guns... generosity can wait
Well for Police I think it's time Army take matters in their hand. They should re train entire Police Force and also equip them. We don't have budget other wise I would have preferred Police being equipped with CZ-805 Bren A2 and also raise SWAT Unit with 50000 Troops.Not to forget establishing forensic labs in every city and also re organizing FIA and IB and Special Branch. Until Army does this they would remain busy inside Pakistan and will loose focus on India and other countries.

Sir G3 is going out and we are replacing G3 and no not only Special Forces but entire Armed Forces including Para Military would get new Gun. Yes it would take a decade to produce all the Guns to replace G3.
Well @Zarvan ,, i am sorry but i have heard so much, i wont believe it till it actually happens. As for now, based on my own information, the replacement of main assault rifle/battlefield gun for WHOLE army is merely a fantasy and fan boy stuff. Trails are going on but the numbers being considered are no way near what is required to replace the G3 altogether. In fact, it will be only 3% 4% of what is required and for now, it will stay that way.

Can be kept in storage and given to public in case of war goes really bad
hahahahha :lol:

Well @Zarvan ,, i am sorry but i have heard so much, i wont believe it till it actually happens. As for now, based on my own information, the replacement of main assault rifle/battlefield gun for WHOLE army is merely a fantasy and fan boy stuff. Trails are going on but the numbers being considered are no way near what is required to replace the G3 altogether. In fact, it will be only 3% 4% of what is required and for now, it will stay that way.

It would go for entire Army and when we began the trials we calculated everything than trials were started and Sir I should remind you we would get the Gun with TOT so we can increase production rate as economy improves.

Finally for using public in war I think it should happen and it will happen.

Whatever rifle gets selected as next service rifle for forces, Pakistani civilians may also be allowed to keep whatever rifles they want in as many numbers they want. Currently DaKoos , Gundaas, and Politicians can keep whatever rifles they want, but Civilian Baychara? So, Pakistani policy makers please please open doors for civilians also as we also want to buy things made by PoF.

This is why I am inclined towards Zastava M-21 and Ak-103. More I think about it more logical such choices seem. Who gives a rats *** how a rifle looks or how good the outer finish is. If it fires under adverse conditions, can be field maintained by the simple 'kaka sepoy' and hits it mark, I'm perfectly fine with it. Don't you think?

It would go for entire Army and when we began the trials we calculated everything than trials were started and Sir I should remind you we would get the Gun with TOT so we can increase production rate as economy improves.

Finally for using public in war I think it should happen and it will happen.

I have a feeling we might end up with Ak or Zastava. You do want those -35s don't you? :p:

This is why I am inclined towards Zastava M-21 and Ak-103. More I think about it more logical such choices seem. Who gives a rats *** how a rifle looks or how good the outer finish is. If it fires under adverse conditions, can be field maintained by the simple 'kaka sepoy' and hits it mark, I'm perfectly fine with it. Don't you think?

I have a feeling we might end up with Ak or Zastava. You do want those -35s don't you? :p:
We don't get blackmailed like that. Which ever Guns passes tests will be selected

Hi,

There is a big market in the U S for the G3----if refurbished properly and parts made available----this rifle will do well. Just need to remove the automatic function.

Plus---pakistan military can also donate them to other nations who need them.
Yep MK, I hear POF manufactured MP-5 is doing quite well over in the states, so why not G-3.kudos

Yep MK, I hear POF manufactured MP-5 is doing quite well over in the states, so why not G-3.kudos

Hi,

I think that the G3 should do very well---even the older ones. Just don't pinch pennies in the production of new rifles or the reconditioning of used rifles for sale---.

Indeed MP 5 has done very well----they picked the right dealer----the youtube video was very good---the product performed as predicted.

Hi,

I think that the G3 should do very well---even the older ones. Just don't pinch pennies in the production of new rifles or the reconditioning of used rifles for sale---.

Indeed MP 5 has done very well----they picked the right dealer----the youtube video was very good---the product performed as predicted.
Yes it is a powerful rifle, something red neck yanks would surely love.kudos

Till now FN SCAR is doing best in the trials. Other Guns are not even close to FN SCAR in any aspect.

Till now FN SCAR is doing best in the trials. Other Guns are not even close to FN SCAR in any aspect.
lets keep wishing our favourite wins. I must confess I like the gun.
but I doubt if the outcome of these complex trials are so well known that enable you to comment with such certainty that FN is winning..
imagine the commissions and kickbacks involved .. I wont be surprised although they wont be as blatant as is the case with the civilians

M-21 series is reliable but kicks like a mule .. I don't think they will go for an AK type weapon .. Otherwise they would have just standardised the T-56s in service ...

The aim of choosing a new rifle is to upgrade the army .. A rifle that will work for the next 20 years at least... POF is also tying to overhaul itself..

----

image.jpeg

Personally I like Bren too... It's affordable and seems reliable ..

Hi,

They should also start exporting G3 semi variants and the semi automatic "Sportster" sniper to US.. I'm sure they will make a killing.

M-21 series is reliable but kicks like a mule .. I don't think they will go for an AK type weapon .. Otherwise they would have just standardised the T-56s in service ...

The aim of choosing a new rifle is to upgrade the army .. A rifle that will work for the next 20 years at least... POF is also tying to overhaul itself..

----

View attachment 302731
Personally I like Bren too... It's affordable and seems reliable ..

Don't know mate. It might come down to choosing between arming 30% troops with best rifle or 100% with much better one. An LMG replacement is also getting due and may be packaged or affected by this deal. Let's see. Things should clear up by year's end. Chief will likely finalise before he leaves office.

Back
Top Bottom