What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Nice but my vote is still for FN SCAR. Still if budget is good we can give ARX-200 to Police along with training from Army specially from SSG and LCB units
so it means that allG 3 will be replaced by infantry..??

Hi,

During this terrorist issue---we found out that the range between the combatants and mitlitary maybe over 300 yards---mountain top to mountain top---mountain top to valleys or otherwise.

Secondly---lots of enemy combatants are high on hashish or opium or other stuff---. They need to be put down with a larger bore round. It may take 10 rounds of 5.56 to take down an enraged enemy compared to one round from the .308
Good point MK ,the US experienced many such experiences in Iraq where their troops were unable to drop Iraqi insurgents with multiple hits from M4, in fact I have read of accounts where US troops discarded their M4s and used AK-47 instead.kudos

During the Iraq war M14's made a comeback as the 5.56 was not sufficient in stopping power so 7.62 rifle was re issued briefly, Remington the people behind 5.56 cartridge then went to work and made a 6.8 cartridge after hearing the complaints. in Our scenario 7.62x39/51 has proven to be the winning formula. a lot of wildcat cartridges are coming out like 6.5 Grendel 6.8SPC as a intermediate between 5.56 & 7.62
M14 only works as supplemenary rife in Iraqi war and for evey squad there is only one M14 while all the other rife are M16/M4

Good point MK ,the US experienced many such experiences in Iraq where their troops were unable to drop Iraqi insurgents with multiple hits from M4, in fact I have read of accounts where US troops discarded their M4s and used AK-47 instead.kudos
They discard M14 not M4. During the Vietnam war, they changed from 7.62mm M14 to 5.52mm M16

M14 only works as supplemenary rife in Iraqi war and for evey squad there is only one M14 while all the other rife are M16/M4

They discard M14 not M4. During the Vietnam war, they changed from 7.62mm M14 to 5.52mm M16
Yes but now they are switching back to 7.62 Calliber . Most European countries like Italy and Germany and other countries are also coming up with 7.62 caliber weapons

I distinctly remember it being mentioned as M4 carbine.kudos

Hi,

Secondly---lots of enemy combatants are high on hashish or opium or other stuff---. They need to be put down with a larger bore round. It may take 10 rounds of 5.56 to take down an enraged enemy compared to one round from the .308

Who the fuckk told you that? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom