What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
No German rifles for Pakistan.
And in AK series, 107 is so far the best, in assault catagory (my opinion). In general, rifles by Italy are also not bad.
I know that we aren't buying anything German but, is Germany not selling us weapons anymore?
And yes, the Beretta ARX200 is a good replacement as a battle rifle.

Last edited:
What happened to local product? Why not work with friends on that

G3 should be replaced with another battle rifle like HK417 or FN Scar H, as battle rifles generally provide advantages, especially on border skirmishes on the LOC.

Type 56 can be replaced with anything more modern in the AK platform, and according to the knowledge available, the Pakistan Army is most probably going for AK-103.
(Personally I'd prefer AK-15.)
More reasonable 7.62x52 NATO platform would be MPT-76.

More reasonable 7.62x52 NATO platform would be MPT-76.
MPT-76 is again yes a battle rifle.
However its record is uncertain, it still hasn't entered in service with the Turkish Army even completely.
I doubt that we'll be able to get our hands on it but Pakistan has expressed interest in it. Lets see.

However its record is uncertain, it still hasn't entered in service with the Turkish Army even completely.
I doubt that we'll be able to get our hands on it but Pakistan has expressed interest in it. Lets see.
Then Mutant G-3 PK-18 it is.

I'm not dismissing it mate. It is a good gun, all I'm saying is we should wait 2-3 years and see how reliable it is before considering it.
Yes they should wait for 2-3 years. But are we speaking 2-3 years form now? Or after 10 years? because there is no progress by POF on their battle rifle concept. Not even a single unit has been given lighter and compact variants of G-3 for tests let alone PK-18.
Just read MPT-76 and MPT-55 are in service by regular troops and commandos in Syria.

Last edited:
Sir I know the decision has been made. So when to expect the announcement or Rifle being revealed like VT 4.
What is the decision bhai? Continued use and improvement of G3?
I would personally like Turk mpt76.

464 pages with result of big ZERO. reminds me our new gen destroyer, Turkish new AAW frigate was named TF2000 in the 90s, after 25 years of dream we still hope to see them in our navy, pity.
$$$

needed 500/700k new rifles replacement and is not cheap first economy and welfare of masses than wish list for military ;)

Strictly speaking, both are 7.62....which shows our emphasis on a heavy bullet able to inflict massive damage...

one of my SSG mates, he lost an eye due to 5.56...he had M4.....a firefight had just ended, all the enemy dead were hit by SSG's M4.....suddenly one of the guys (despite getting about 4 shots in his torso), in his dying throes, managed to let loose a shot towards my mate who detected him at the same time.....both fired at the same time, my mate lost his eye, the other lost his life finally.....

7.62 has advantages, it packs a massive punch......good for strong defence.

Found the following clip, the incident is mentioned midway through:

Back
Top Bottom