What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Is it going to be 2 rifles? One to replace the G3 and one for the Type 56 or the same to replace both?
I have no clue. I stopped getting news a year and half ago. One news which I got recently was that decision has been made, and G 3 will be first one to go. Now which Rifle is it ? I have no idea.

I have no clue. I stopped getting news a year and half ago. One news which I got recently was that decision has been made, and G 3 will be first one to go. Now which Rifle is it ? I have no idea.
If they don't choose 2 rifles though, that would be a horrible decision. We need both battle rifles and assualt rifles in active service in the army.

If they don't choose 2 rifles though, that would be a horrible decision. We need both battle rifles and assualt rifles in active service in the army.
You are saying two Rifles, I say they should choose two Rifle families. From that what I mean is let say SCAR is one big family. There is SCAR H and there is SCAR L and there is SCAR subcompact and SCAR Sniper version. We should produce all of them. Same should go for BREN or some other series.

You are saying two Rifles, I say they should choose two Rifle families. From that what I mean is let say SCAR is one big family. There is SCAR H and there is SCAR L and there is SCAR subcompact and SCAR Sniper version. We should produce all of them. Same should go for BREN or some other series.
SCAR-H is a very good rifle but Damn expensive. SCAR-L isn’t an impressive gun and I would prefer a regular AR-15 pattern rifle.

My personal assessment is that we will go for the Bren. It can be easily incorporated into the army, are cheaper, have better specs, use the same caliber, and the ToT will not be an issue, in fact as an LoU has already been signed bw pof and CZ according to which we will slowly shift from light assembly to complete production of the weapon. Most importantly it looks good which the people usually want and the army too as it would give a modern touch. A beautiful rifle might prove to be a poor man's SCAR

weather you like or dislike something that is your personal prerogative! That is your right. BUT fanboyism is just pure shoddy-ism.

caution this may not be suitable for Hazarat @Zarvan
Yes, Bren is great option. Bren-2 807 (7.62x39) is a perfect replacement for Type-56.

Bren 2 BR(7.62x51 NATO), Battle Riflecan be the replacement of G-3.

Maybe we can pick some gear for our SOF from CZ too.

Yes, Bren is great option. Bren-2 807 (7.62x39) is a perfect replacement for Type-56.

Bren 2 BR(7.62x51 NATO), Battle Riflecan be the replacement of G-3.

Maybe we can pick some gear for our SOF from CZ too.
and MEOPTA optics. if we go for Beretta then steiner optics.

My personal assessment is that we will go for the Bren. It can be easily incorporated into the army, are cheaper, have better specs, use the same caliber, and the ToT will not be an issue, in fact as an LoU has already been signed bw pof and CZ according to which we will slowly shift from light assembly to complete production of the weapon. Most importantly it looks good which the people usually want and the army too as it would give a modern touch. A beautiful rifle might prove to be a poor man's SCAR
In my opinion two Rifle series should come. Yes BREN should come and either AK new rifles with it or some other Rifle series. May be Turkish. As we have Police to equip also.

In my opinion two Rifle series should come. Yes BREN should come and either AK new rifles with it or some other Rifle series. May be Turkish. As we have Police to equip also.
Has a common tender been issued for both army and police ? Police need not be equipped with these expensive weapons, first their training , education (especially moral)And more importantly their administrative structure should be improved .Moreover they will find it difficult to use and manage, I think that the type 56 will be and should be given to them, it is not about neglecting them but it is the best way forward considering their present condition,responsibilities and compatibility

Last edited:
Has a common tender been issued for both army and police ? Police need not be equipped with these expensive weapons, first their training , education (especially moral)And more importantly their administrative structure should be improved .Moreover they will find it difficult to use and manage, I think that the type 56 will be and should be given to them, it is not about neglecting them but it is the best way forward considering their present condition,responsibilities and compatibility
Police doesn't need to give tender. When Rifles will come with TOT. Police will automatically start getting as their production in Pakistan begins.

Primary Arms Raptor 1-6x and Prism 2x are perfect.
MEOPTA make glass for Aimpoint and they are a century old glass maker! Steiner is a legendary Glass maker that has been at it since the 18th century!! others simply dont come close..

Back
Top Bottom