What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
russia said no to that cause of the fact that it might jeopardize stuff with india as india is buying much more then some AKs from russia like there latest helicopters and tanks so they value indian contracts more than ours
"There are red lines in all relationships. We have no problems if the Russians sell non-lethal equipment like Mi-17 helicopters to Pakistan. They can even sell counter-terrorism equipment but the Mi-35s are not non-lethal equipment," a source in the government told Mail Today.

while the source is indian multiple others also state this, but i wouldnt mid if we do adopt the 103 for it is solid weapon but for g3 replacement an ar 10 would be very good suh as from haenal, LMT and KAC which submitted rifle for this competition

Last edited:
while the source is indian multiple others also state this, but i wouldnt mid if we do adopt the 103 for it is solid weapon but for g3 replacement an ar 10 would be very good suh as from haenal, LMT and KAC which submitted rifle for this competition
multiple others are all based on the same source. reason for delay in rifle program has nothing to do with Russian-Indian relations or weapon trade (they wouldnt sell us RD 93s, MI 35s etc by that logic)... it is because we have other priorities at the moment... specially the big ticket items for armd and arty etc

I'm holding out for a locally designed rifle by a private Pakistani arms manufacturer, with a new, unique caliber.

I'm holding out for a locally designed rifle by a private Pakistani arms manufacturer, with a new, unique caliber.
My guess is it will either be any two rifles choosing from a local clone of AR-10, CZ-Bren or some modern variant of AK.

id agree only if the rifle and caliber were good, otherwise we would be a laughing stock like the indians and there complete failure of the INSAS program

i just wish the rifle is modern and reliable aswell as an improvement to the g3 and type 56 in every single way

id agree only if the rifle and caliber were good, otherwise we would be a laughing stock like the indians and there complete failure of the INSAS program

I think a Pak private company could do a much better job than the government run programs of India...

6.8mm is the caliber of the future and being selected for the US next generation caliber. Although Pak should be brave enough to adopt a round even if the US didn't do it first - the mindset of only doing things the West does, is one that ultimately defeats the colonized Muslims we currently are.

Simply take a rifle you like, chamber it to a new round, make some minor cosmetic changes, and you get your own rifle... no magic to it. The arms industry is full of such successful commercial stories.

Produce in small batches, give them to the soldiers, keep improving them with feedback, and make something even better...

good point, but look at copying the west like this
there doing the testing for us if the round is any good or not, saving us money and time

also making a short stroke gas piston rifle thats light and reliable isnt rocket science so its very possible that a private company given enough money and resorces can pull it off

My guess is it will either be any two rifles choosing from a local clone of AR-10, CZ-Bren or some modern variant of AK.
It won't be local. Secondly Russia hasn't made it any promise to India that it won't sell Pakistan any weapons. All the reports in Indian media are big fat lies. @Fusuoy @Armchair @Tair-Lahoti

Back
Top Bottom