What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
imma bet they made some deal with zastava or KC, those are the cheapest rifles and also are AKs so very reliable
or the arx 160 maybe cause of its adoption with a police agencies special teams in pakistan
or maybe even one of the many AR 10s which were submitted but didnt get the spotlight
again alot of top tier AR makers entered the competition

SCAR plain and simple why very very good rifle is hella exspensive so for service weapon slim chance
the bren is decent but ive heard issues with it.

Controversial point, but now War on Terror is almost over in Pakistan, most Pakistani troops will be aiming to fight India in a conventional war, be it in Siachin, LOC, Punjab plains or Thar desert. This require long range 7.62mm rifles. Colt Carbines not much use here.

India will be building AK-203 and ordering Sig Saur from US. Both 7.62 rifles, after their domestic 5.5MM INSAS failure.

My point is, why leave the G3? It is reliable, it is 7.62mm, it has great stopping power.

My not just get POF to make a lighter version with folding butt (think they may have already developed this), maybe increase magazine size by 10 rounds, attempt to shorten barrel a bit.

You still have a damn good assault rifle.

Some interesting quotes about Pak Army views on G3 rifle and potential replacements. Main issue is weight and ability to control on full auto. Having fired G-3, AK, SLR, SA-80 and Colt Carbine, I would still go for G3, but that is personal opinion

cause the g3 is simply put obselete, it is a weapon of the early cold war and there are much much better alternative of it now available for us, i can assure you any of the AR 10 weapons offered to us by companies such as LMT and KAC will surpass the g3 is any and all fields while not even being that exspensive and if we decide to change calibers for any reason they can easily be converted over

cause the g3 is simply put obselete, it is a weapon of the early cold war and there are much much better alternative of it now available for us, i can assure you any of the AR 10 weapons offered to us by companies such as LMT and KAC will surpass the g3 is any and all fields while not even being that exspensive and if we decide to change calibers for any reason they can easily be converted over

G3 is not modern tech you are right, but we are also evaluating AK-103. The US military still uses a 60 year old Browning design as a heavy machine gun. With refinement I think G3 still relevent, especially if you consider the money we could save. Even US military now eyeing up replacing M14 and 5.56mm with a higher calibre and Indian Army reverting back to 7.62mm too.

G3 is not modern tech you are right, but we are also evaluating AK-103. The US military still uses a 60 year old Browning design as a heavy machine gun. With refinement I think G3 still relevent, especially if you consider the money we could save. Even US military now eyeing up replacing M14 and 5.56mm with a higher calibre and Indian Army reverting back to 7.62mm too.
Wasn't there a News a few days back that Pakistan is buying AK-103 and will be built in Pakistan as Pk-21??

Wasn't there a News a few days back that Pakistan is buying AK-103 and will be built in Pakistan as Pk-21??
russia said no to that cause of the fact that it might jeopardize stuff with india as india is buying much more then some AKs from russia like there latest helicopters and tanks so they value indian contracts more than ours

russia said no to that cause of the fact that it might jeopardize stuff with india as india is buying much more then some AKs from russia like there latest helicopters and tanks so they value indian contracts more than ours
of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most.

werent they buying stuff like migs from the russians? also im [ositive they said no to us buying the AK 103 from them

India had clearly mentioned its red line to Russia, small arms don't fall in the list.

Back
Top Bottom