What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
You should first go and find out why we have not been able to develop a rifle.

Then either our standards are wrong or we have a loser mentality that we can't do what the world can do.
If your local industry can give you nukes, missiles, and JF-17's a rifle should not be that big of a deal besides where are G3's, MP5's and Type 56's are made?

What kind of comment is that? and where do you want me to go?
I don't need to go anywhere, I know the exact reason why it has not happened and how it can be done.

Sir I know you have some kind of news please don't prolong the suspense and please break the news.

USA also gave contract to FN which is a Belgian company to begin with and Handguns contract to SIG which is basically Swedish company and its Sniper Rifle contract to H and K
SIG is Swiss not swedish! what contract did they give FN? they are not buying anymore SCAR from them but Hazrat you cant let the FN SCAR go! sad really.

and what does that prove?

USA also gave contract to FN which is a Belgian company to begin with and Handguns contract to SIG which is basically Swedish company and its Sniper Rifle contract to H and K

SIG is Swiss not swedish! what contract did they give FN? they are not buying anymore SCAR from them but Hazrat you cant let the FN SCAR go! sad really.
The M249 squad automatic weapon (Minimi) is an FN product which is also in use with all three special services in Pakistan.
I think Pakistan should have come up with the money to set up CZ production line in the country just like G-3.
With India going for outright purchase of Sig rifles chambered for 7.62mm rounds for their infantry, their is a need to push this process through. Either go with the local production and stick with it, or make a decision on licensed manufacturing. While I do not know what is happening on the inside, but I believe the GHQ/PoF have their list of local/foreign preferences and unfortunately for Pakistan, just like with the G-3, the country will opt for what is financially feasible and not necessarily what the trials and selection process arrived at.

You just made a fool of yourself
No I didn't, making every weapon in your country is highly possible but takes massive industrial base as well as money to achieve that. Pakistan industry is not even close to be ready. We until bring private business giants like Nishat group and others in defence what you are suggesting sounds great but will remain a distant possibility.

No I didn't, making every weapon in your country is highly possible but takes massive industrial base as well as money to achieve that. Pakistan industry is not even close to be ready. We until bring private business giants like Nishat group and others in defence what you are suggesting sounds great but will remain a distant possibility.
this answer of yours shows us that you live in lala land.

Back
Top Bottom