What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Are these rifle already chosen and in serial produktion.it looks good.

its a massive approvement to the g3 dont get me wrong, but not a completely indeginous design
the grot or the modern japanese army weapon is more akin to that i was referrent
above that it isnt even a piston system which is a good deal more reliable, its DI

but again its a tried and true design which is hard to get wrong

CZ Bren-2 was also supposed to be license produced by POF. Why would they derail such a deal and go for an inferior AR-10/AK-103
one thing is money ....... other is the fact that they dont really bring a lot to the table ..... i.e. the lethality which is the property of cartridge and not the rifle is same ..... furthermore, PA is much more accustomed to ak so manual of training is same .... i can go on and on but i think that is sufficient to prove the point
P.S unlike indian armed forces , pakistans weapons procurement is very competent ..... so i would say we have nothing to worry about here ...... sure some pockets will get heavy but atleast a decision has been made.

also ive read that PA went for the mpt 76 for g3 replacement and bren in 7.62x39 for type 56 replacement

upload_2020-8-4_22-6-31.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom