What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Sadly you are wrong, these are produced by a small US company that sells these rifles for 1000-1200 $.
The initial deal was with LMT to license manufacture those rifles in India. But that would come with the hassle of ITAR and keep the IP Indian, they might have hired the same LMT consultants to design their rifles and manufacture em in Anatapur, Andhra Pradesh where their manufacturing facility is currently under construction

Last edited:
You could get a sub $500 AR-10/15 from PSA or BCA vs a $1500+ from Sig or FN...which one would you go?
Depends if your buying from a small hick garage or state owned company out to arm over a million troops.

So what's replacing the primary weapon? The PK-18!!

Tavor and M4 are still the primary weapon of choice for our SF[/QUOTE]
images.jpeg-44.jpg
images.jpeg-46.jpg
images.jpeg-45.jpg

Depends if your buying from a small hick garage or state owned company out to arm over a million troops.

So what's replacing the primary weapon? The PK-18!!

Tavor and M4 are still the primary weapon of choice for our SF
View attachment 656488 View attachment 656489 View attachment 656490[/QUOTE]
I could post more pictures of SF's using Tavors and M4's. Checkout "Unknowncommando" page on twitter

iu3ix3q1i3e41.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

and I never denied SF using AK, it still is the most reliable rugged weapon of choice. I've even seen SF using a basic AK-47, looks like something snatched from a terrorist but they're acclimated to the AR & Bulpup platforms recently and that's their weapon of choice down the lane

Infact, Para SF's newest acquisition includes 715 Mk 48 Light Machine Guns (LMGs), 1,050 FN Scar (H), 1,400 FN Scar (L) or HK-416 assault rifles, 110 .50 Cal Browning heavy machine guns (HMG) and 100 Barret M107 A1 snipers which are all western platforms

https://www.dailyo.in/politics/para...try-of-defence-indian-army/story/1/30043.html

@Zapper Why wouldn't a PK18/AR10 be able to go up against SCAR,HK417,CZ?

I chose an AR10 over others myself. DI guns especially if to be used as DMR offer better accuracy that Piston guns. Given Pakistans Small arms industry is pretty good, there is no reason why PK-18 if built right won't be able to go up against the best.

@DESERT FIGHTER It's good you did not choose the MPT, you guys can do a better job than the turks (irrespective of how good your relationship might be) of building a Short stroke AR if needed.
Yeah never ever, I do have some toy AKs, AMDs, M4s and M16 apart from some toy shotguns and handguns.
Ask @MilSpec

Its replacing a secondary weapon ans AK103 is a fine weapon, even your SF use.

If insiders are to be believed we chose Turkish MPT .. that said there are plently of AR10 type platforms used by both US and UK.

View attachment 656485 View attachment 656486 View attachment 656487

If it works and fulfills Pak mils requirement than im all for it.

@Zapper Also @DESERT FIGHTER has been shooting for ages now, He is one of those gun enthusiasts who has so many guns that he even loses them :)

Last edited:
DI guns especially if to be used as DMR offer better accuracy that Piston guns
DI versions in general are lighter, with noticeably lesser recoil and far more accurate than their gas piston counterparts. The trade off is DI versions causes the fired bullet to retract unburned gunpowder back into the rifle in minute amounts resulting in cleaning the rifle more often. DI versions are also relatively cheaper over gas piston rifles. No wonder IA chose Sig-716i over Sig-716 G2

@Zapper Why wouldn't a PK18/AR10 be able to go up against SCAR,HK417,CZ?

I chose an AR10 over others myself
Never said an AR platform in general is inferior to SCAR or the likes but SCAR, HK, CZ have been battle proven and used by some of the best forces out there. Anyone could make an AR platform and if POF wants to make a cheap rip-off of an AR platform similar to that of those sub $500 AR's and equip frontline troops...that's definitely not the way forward

But if PA pits the PK-18 over the former contenders in a fair trail and weigh the cost differences...that'd be a whole new ball game. I'm all in for going indigenous, be in Indians or our adversaries but not at the cost of jeopardizing the lives of soldiers since we already know both IA & PA troops use shoddy gear. A good infantry rifle is the least you can provide em with

Last edited:
DI versions in general are lighter, with noticeably lesser recoil and far more accurate than their gas piston counterparts. The trade off is DI versions causes the fired bullet to retract unburned gunpowder back into the rifle in minute amounts resulting in cleaning the rifle more often. DI versions are also relatively cheaper over gas piston rifles. No wonder IA chose Sig-716i over Sig-716 G2

Never said an AR platform in general is inferior to SCAR or the likes but SCAR, HK, CZ have been battle proven and used by some of the best forces out there. Anyone could make an AR platform and if POF wants to make a cheap rip-off of an AR platform similar to that of those sub $500 AR's and equip frontline troops...that's definitely not the way forward

But if PA pits the PK-18 over the former contenders in a fair trail and weigh the cost differences...that'd be a whole new ball game. I'm all in for going indigenous, be in Indians or our adversaries but not at the cost of jeopardizing the lives of soldiers since we already know both IA & PA troops use shoddy gear. A good infantry rifle is the least you can provide em with
US and most of Nato forces have operated DI gun for close to 4-5 decades. The cleaning aspect is overblown. I have had run an entire course for Carbine of over 600 rounds in a day without any cleaning without any issues. I have known operators that ran M16's in Afghanistan for weeks without cleaning and have had no issues.

US and most of Nato forces have operated DI gun for close to 4-5 decades. The cleaning aspect is overblown. I have had run an entire course for Carbine of over 600 rounds in a day without any cleaning without any issues. I have known operators that ran M16's in Afghanistan for weeks without cleaning and have had no issues.
That's the general notion about DI but I personally haven't found out the difference. Well, there must be some reason why people are increasingly inclined towards gas piston over DI

Last edited:
The initial deal was with LMT and license manufacture those rifles in India. But that would come with the hassle of ITAR and keep the IT Indian, they might have hired the same LMT consultants to design their rifles and manufacture em in Anatapur, Andhra Pradesh where their manufacturing facility is currently under construction
Ashbury precision sabre and viper.

Ashbury precision sabre and viper.
These are the tactical bolt action rifles from Ashbury

upload_2020-7-29_0-17-8.png

upload_2020-7-29_0-18-8.png

upload_2020-7-29_0-18-35.png

upload_2020-7-29_0-19-36.png

While this is SSS

IMG-20200203-WA0004-e1581166948177.jpg

Photo-2-SSS-Defence-Viper-a-Sub-MoA-precision-sniper-rifle-chambered-for-the-.3087.62x51-mm-cartridge.jpg

upload_2020-7-29_0-33-54.png

SSS-Defence-_-Sniper-Variants.png

So how exactly are they both the same unless you actually think every bolt action rifle looks similar or did you end up going with the name "Saber" being common in both!!

Again, I'm not saying SSS's rifles have been designed by Indian designers but some western consultants...most probably from LMT must've been hired since they're the ones whom SSS initially intended to partner with.

20180123_112849-660x495.jpg

These are the tactical bolt action rifles from Ashbury

View attachment 656600

View attachment 656601

View attachment 656602

View attachment 656603

While this is SSS

IMG-20200203-WA0004-e1581166948177.jpg

Photo-2-SSS-Defence-Viper-a-Sub-MoA-precision-sniper-rifle-chambered-for-the-.3087.62x51-mm-cartridge.jpg

View attachment 656606

SSS-Defence-_-Sniper-Variants.png

So how exactly are they both the same unless you actually think every bolt action rifle looks similar or did you end up going with the name "Saber" being common in both!!

Again, I'm not saying SSS's rifles have been designed by Indian designers but some western consultants...most probably from LMT must've been hired since they're the ones whom SSS initially intended to partner with.

20180123_112849-660x495.jpg

I posted this entire thing in the relevant indian thread along with pictures. You are free to debate there and not trash this thread.

it's been 5 years. why does pakistan not develop the rifle itself. meanwhile, many countries develop their rifles themselves. It is not a rocket science.

First of all it would cost alot
second we dont need to when theres so many companies offering tried and true rifles
it's been 5 years. why does pakistan not develop the rifle itself. meanwhile, many countries develop their rifles themselves. It is not a rocket science.

though i would love for a actually good rifle to be made, i would buy it
but i would also not want l85: electric boogaloo also

Back
Top Bottom