What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
i am a gun enthusiast and wanted to ask what rifle the pakistan army ended up adopting as there is alot of conflicting info and also what is the pakistan armed forces service pistol and is there any plan to replace it?

Wasn't it the CZ-807/806 Bren-2 which will be license produced by POF and SSG will go with the FN-SCAR

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/12/09/pakistani-pof-tentative-plans-produce-cz-806-bren-2/

main-qimg-6db8f2c64c3ed8d303e382456101bc33

main-qimg-bf156a0e4b56da8efa3f18511de2a18b

None were selected as they say Khoda Phar aur nikla Chuha. Rifle replacement is an expensive undertaking so it will take time maybe another decade before we are in position to get rid of our dear old G3 and Type 56. Better close this thread before we have another 500 pages long discussion over nothing.

i am a gun enthusiast and wanted to ask what rifle the pakistan army ended up adopting as there is alot of conflicting info and also what is the pakistan armed forces service pistol and is there any plan to replace it?
FN SCAR was overall winner ...... due to being really expensive next in line the CZ bren 2 was chosen ......... However, at the last moment , either due to funds to some tricks of POF or other monkeys ...... an AR-10 with all imported parts except barrel which will be made at POF and dubbed PK-31 was chosen...... as for type 56....... nothing can replace an ak rifle but an ak rifle ...... Pakistan has chosen the most basic ak-103 rifle with underfolding stock .......

FN SCAR was overall winner ...... due to being really expensive next in line the CZ bren 2 was chosen ......... However, at the last moment , either due to funds to some tricks of POF or other monkeys ...... an AR-10 with all imported parts except barrel which will be made at POF and dubbed PK-31 was chosen...... as for type 56....... nothing can replace an ak rifle but an ak rifle ...... Pakistan has chosen the most basic ak-103 rifle with underfolding stock .......
It is PK 18 (instead of PK 31 ) ... and AK 103 is named as PK 21

CZ Bren-2 was also supposed to be license produced by POF. Why would they derail such a deal and go for an inferior AR-10/AK-103

I seriously doubt that PK 18 and PK 21 could be or would be Pakistan's next Assault Rifle. In fact my humble opinion says eventually it would be of those Rifles which we tested in Rifle trials.

@PanzerKiel

@Horus Sir I humbly request you if you have any updates on this please share.

CZ Bren-2 was also supposed to be license produced by POF. Why would they derail such a deal and go for an inferior AR-10/AK-103
I think, their wanted to give local manufacturer a chance to compete, i think their still were in prototype state when their showed cased them, And are being evaluated by armed forces, anyway this replacement looks to be salved due to non-availability of funds.

Can you imagine, millions of Rupees spent by rifle manufacturers on these trials by providing a minimum of 30 rifle sets, millions of Rupees spent by Army to arrange country wide trials with literally hundreds of personnel involved with all three services, millions of man hours spent on writing technical reports, all rifles imported by manufacturers for Pakistan Army sealed at Inspectorate of Armaments until such time and even if a decision ever comes. Hundred of Thousands of Dollars and Euros spent by the likes of FN Herstal, CZ, and others to end up with ZERO and UNCERTAIN RESULT.

If I was a prominent rifle manufacturer, I would have already blacklisted Pakistan Army from further interaction on such a tremendous blunder

Can you imagine, millions of Rupees spent by rifle manufacturers on these trials by providing a minimum of 30 rifle sets, millions of Rupees spent by Army to arrange country wide trials with literally hundreds of personnel involved with all three services, millions of man hours spent on writing technical reports, all rifles imported by manufacturers for Pakistan Army sealed at Inspectorate of Armaments until such time and even if a decision ever comes. Hundred of Thousands of Dollars and Euros spent by the likes of FN Herstal, CZ, and others to end up with ZERO and UNCERTAIN RESULT.

If I was a prominent rifle manufacturer, I would have already blacklisted Pakistan Army from further interaction on such a tremendous blunder
Well FN damaged its own chances. What I have heard is FN was not agreeing to local SCAR production.

Try running any business.. even to apply for tenders we have to pay a fee/draft and struggle without knowing the outcome. Its part of the business.

How is Pak PK-18 Inferior? That said we have 3 weapons in mass circulation. PK if selected will replace the G3. The Ak103 or PK21 will replace the MP5s and Type series.

Back
Top Bottom