What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Hazrat just think about these things! AR is a design from the 1960's and it was not invented by H&K! They don't own the AR design they just used AR design so how is Turkey adopting AR design taken from H&K? If you say armalite then that is more believable! Then the operation of HK417 differs from MPT76 as well! MPT76 is based of the same principle as AR10!
MPT is indeed based of HK417 even action is based off of it.

The design was based on the AR-15, but the gas piston system was influenced by the HK417.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKE_MPT

This is the gas system of HK417

8UWyx8srOUl-lSuN9ElLqZmaalu0E2_AtkkJWYJ64b9mt_5pRdu68iT95aeH9eAYa34VrO4wjmDFzbfg4FHCraEdyyCCRgEpia7DRJiDKuYFry8YgrIm0-FhUlTts3iG6aOaWP5WxjTuQEweEuV4j6TypS9CY0Tfv4w9QLqVftszE0hZQSdilz4

50236591.jpg

The MPT76 does NOT have the same system! It has AR10 system!

This is the gas system of HK417

8UWyx8srOUl-lSuN9ElLqZmaalu0E2_AtkkJWYJ64b9mt_5pRdu68iT95aeH9eAYa34VrO4wjmDFzbfg4FHCraEdyyCCRgEpia7DRJiDKuYFry8YgrIm0-FhUlTts3iG6aOaWP5WxjTuQEweEuV4j6TypS9CY0Tfv4w9QLqVftszE0hZQSdilz4

50236591.jpg

The MPT76 does NOT have the same system! It has AR10 system!
Can you explain to me why it is better than even a civilian AR-10? This seems like an old run of the mill 1200 dollar gun, nothing really special.

Can you explain to me why it is better than even a civilian AR-10? This seems like an old run of the mill 1200 dollar gun, nothing really special.
I advise you to watch Larry Wickers on youtube he can explain it better than I can. But it offers no advantage over AR gas system according a ex-serviceman and Colt consultant!

I advise you to watch Larry Wickers on youtube he can explain it better than I can. But it offers no advantage over AR gas system according a ex-serviceman and Colt consultant!
No, I'm saying why is MPT better than something a civilian company can come up with in America? I see nothing really that unique to it.

Then hire some designers and produce it in country lel.
you want to spend excessively on a rifle when militaries are under budgetary constraints! They have to go for solutions that fulfil set of requirements. They need millions of rifles and parts for the life of the service rifle. So they will calculate according to that and then select the rifle.

How does that compare to a civilian buying a rifle in which he will only buy one most likely and has a choice of accessories according to how deep the consumers pocket are!

you want to spend excessively on a rifle when militaries are under budgetary constraints! They have to go for solutions that fulfil set of requirements. They need millions of rifles and parts for the life of the service rifle. So they will calculate according to that and then select the rifle.

How does that compare to a civilian buying a rifle in which he will only buy one most likely and has a choice of accessories according to how deep the consumers pocket are!
The UAE had experienced designers produce their Caracal rifles and now fulfill their needs, and export their guns. Why can't Pakistan do the same? There is no need to purchase an existing rifle when you can make your own.

The UAE had experienced designers produce their Caracal rifles and now fulfill their needs, and export their guns. Why can't Pakistan do the same? There is no need to purchase an existing rifle when you can make your own.
how deep are their pockets? how many personnel do they have in their military and how large is their nation? They are a desert nation and temperatures stay almost the same all year around whereas Pakistan has geographical and weather temperaments to consider.

If I remember they had issues with their caracal which had to be fixed. wouldn't it be nicer if engineers and gunsmits from UAE's native developed the rifle they have the funds for it.

Pakistan is developing a AR style rifle and maybe in the process of purchasing too but not likely. Sadly our pockets are not deep but if oil is pumped out like the gulf then Pakistan will be rich over night but when that will happen I can't say.

If I remember they had issues with their caracal which had to be fixed. wouldn't it be nicer if engineers and gunsmits from UAE's native developed the rifle they have the funds for it.
That was problems with a pistol, not a rifle. The rifle was designed by the same designers of HK416, which is one of the best rifles in the world.

Back
Top Bottom