What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
US is already moving to a new rifle and a new caliber. Contrary to widely held opinion, it is not the 6.8SPC (6.8x43), but its 6.8x?? yet to be revealed. Supposedly, new types of casing using carbon fiber are being tested.

Was just doing some calculations last night. 6.8 is half way between 5.56 and 7.62. While 48 is half way between 45 and 51. Could the new rifle caliber be 6.8x48?

US is already moving to a new rifle and a new caliber. Contrary to widely held opinion, it is not the 6.8SPC (6.8x43), but its 6.8x?? yet to be revealed. Supposedly, new types of casing using carbon fiber are being tested.

Was just doing some calculations last night. 6.8 is half way between 5.56 and 7.62. While 48 is half way between 45 and 51. Could the new rifle caliber be 6.8x48?

Possibly 6.5 Creedmoor

Possibly 6.5 Creedmoor

US is on record to have already chosen 6.8. However, they are not revealing the x factor yet - 6.8x??. Present 6.8 is 6.8x43 but this they have explicitly stated is not the version they will go with. This round has poor performance at range.

They are likely to go with something that will give them a bigger bang, so to speak. They are also experimenting with non brass casings.

New rifle already going into production for the US with 6.8x??

https://breakingdefense.com/2019/09/textron-readies-for-mass-production-of-new-army-rifle/

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...-could-be-the-armys-next-standard-issue-rifle

US is on record to have already chosen 6.8. However, they are not revealing the x factor yet - 6.8x??. Present 6.8 is 6.8x43 but this they have explicitly stated is not the version they will go with. This round has poor performance at range.
Looks like a larger cartridge

Pretty much in last 5 to 8 years 20 to 30 countries have selected new Assault Rifle series for their Armed Forces

if your weapon shoot accurately then you don't have to waste your ammo. 7.62x39 should be replaced by a 6mm cartridge.

frankly we heard over 25 yrs back how 0.40 was the next in thing - it went nowhere.

Me .... I stick with 5.56 and 7.62; trusted ammo. not to mention grandpa's 0.303 PMP (pretoria metal works) specials.

I can see various LEAs across the country have adopted POF Azb as their standard DMR.
It includes & not limited to SCU - CTD KPK, CTD Punjab, SSU Sindh, SPU Punjab, SOU ASF & CTD ISB.
There may be more orgs that have adopted the rifle but i have seen the rifle with them so far.

So this is a good achievement atleast

POF should atleast consider modification on existing AK47 / Type 56 platform same as they did with G3M

I can see various LEAs across the country have adopted POF Azb as their standard DMR.
It includes & not limited to SCU - CTD KPK, CTD Punjab, SSU Sindh, SPU Punjab, SOU ASF & CTD ISB.
There may be more orgs that have adopted the rifle but i have seen the rifle with them so far.

So this is a good achievement atleast

POF should atleast consider modification on existing AK47 / Type 56 platform same as they did with G3M
Let them start with upgrading it to use 5.56mm. It is an excellent outcome.

Back
Top Bottom