What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
AK 103 with polymer mag ....
Standard design with fixed stock? No picatinny rail?

This one?

AK-103_Assault_Rifle.JPG

There is a small rail on each side of hand guard, small enough to mount grip and torch.....i would have prefered a rail on Dust Cover too as it comes standard on Vepr Molot 12
Yaar what do you think about handling the manufacturing of the selected rifle to a private arms manufacturer like DS etc. One that can finance and set up a state of the art manufacturing plant.

And if world followed u they never made scar HK 416 gun AK 47 lacks accuracy if u get power of AK 47 accuracy of sniper in HK 417 and scar what u need so get out of 50s era wake up sid its 2016

If we did that, the firearm wouldn't be in large enough supply to be used by most of our army. Unless of course we co develop it with China. That's always an option.

Bhai keep ur cheap thinking to yourself it is not a toy which u just go and design its complex engineering with out TOT u end up INSAS india is top 3 exporters yet it cant design itself we need state of the art machenics engineers soldiers combinations of them make ane great gun

We can do it, and should do it. By your logic, we should drop all our indigenous military equipment and just import weapons from China and the US.

Pakistan's military must become fully self reliant as soon as possible!

If we did that, the firearm wouldn't be in large enough supply to be used by most of our army. Unless of course we co develop it with China. That's always an option.

We can do it, and should do it. By your logic, we should drop all our indigenous military equipment and just import weapons from China and the US.

Pakistan's military must become fully self reliant as soon as possible!
Pakistan's method of building its defence industry is buying foreign designs and producing them domestically under-license. So while new assault rifles from the U.S. or Europe are an 'import' in one sense, the Army is looking to buy them with the technology and equipment for producing them at home. This is how the vast majority of Pakistan's defence programs are done, e.g. al-Khalid MBT, JF-17, F-22P frigate, S20 submarine, etc.

What you're asking for is Pakistan to actually design the equipment in-house. Unfortunately, Pakistan's capacity in that regard is very weak. We're not just talking about investing in education, but in R&D facilities and programs, especially conceptual ones with a high margin of failure. That requires a lot of money, and it won't happen until Pakistan sorts its structural economic problems out, permanently.

We already have advanced rifles like the SCAR and M4. We need to start designing our own. Even if we can't make advanced firearms, we can at least make something cheap and cheerful. Something like that would also sell great.
Do we have SCAR. I was not aware of this.

Our customised AK clones are just fine
This is the feedback from army men in the field.
I've heard the same thing, but the 5.56 caliber in the competition tells me that the army may also be looking at replacing it's AKs. It wouldn't make sense to test assault rifles, when you're trying to replace your battle rifle.

What do you think of the following...

I've heard it being suggested that the Bren is there as a test against the SCAR-L, but we don't even know if the SCAR-L was even considered. The list @balixd shows that the competition is in it's final phase, and the SCAR-L is nowhere on the list, but if the SCAR-H wins, could we theoretically see a SCAR-L also enter service with Pakistan? You know, as an across the board new standard?

Also, I feel like I'm being ignored. Did I do something to piss everyone off?

I've heard the same thing, but the 5.56 caliber in the competition tells me that the army may also be looking at replacing it's AKs. It wouldn't make sense to test assault rifles, when you're trying to replace your battle rifle.

I've heard it being suggested that the Bren is there as a test against the SCAR-L, but we don't even know if the SCAR-L was even considered. The list @balixd shows that the competition is in it's final phase, and the SCAR-L is nowhere on the list, but if the SCAR-H wins, could we theoretically see a SCAR-L also enter service with Pakistan? You know, as an across the board new standard?

I think that would be the case. On the other hand, if the BREN A2 were selected, then couldn't PA also take up a 7.62mm version of the BREN too (which CZ says can be done, easily)?

Sir I think we didn't invited them in first place in fact if we would have invited every one I am pretty sure MPT-76 and Berreta ARX-160 would have been among the Guns which are being tested. But the way we are testing Guns it seems we only selected few and decided to go ahead with it.
Is the MPT-76 definitely out of the evaluation process.

from what i have heard us special forces loved the scar h but they weren't so open about scar l don't know the reason but they prefer other rifles over scar l in 5.56 caliber so they only adopted scar h while ignoring the light model.may be there is something wrong with scar l same reason pk army is not testing it.but scar h according to them is absolute beauty.

You guys need to calm down and give this discussion a rest, they are not going to pick up a new rifle over night......we are never too sure what is going to happen next....initially VT 4 arrived in Pakistan, december 2014 we were told that is it, but then came al8ng whole bunch of other goodies.....and 1 year down the road we still dont have a clear winner.......

We had weapon trails for Bolt action sniper, awp, bora competed heck we even made up a whole next Sniper rifle in house st PoF and started producing match grade .308 rounds, but still that is in the hanging......

SCAH L and HK are not here doesnt mean we are never going to see them......things can change......budget issues, lengthy trails, contract issues, setting up plant......

Calm your horses down..... I can understand the excitement, heck even i couldnt control myself when i was handed over the phone with pictures, i was zooming in andout trying to figure out details, asking questions......but then it all came to rest.........so relax and say WOOSAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Yaar what do you think about handling the manufacturing of the selected rifle to a private arms manufacturer like DS etc. One that can finance and set up a state of the art manufacturing plant.
We have our bubble of "Secrecy" and "Security" even though Daudsons is providing shotguns, paint ball guns and ubl to military still they are not entrusted to provide the weapons of Military grade.....we have the man power and with right people employed into the private industry it can be outsourced but then again comes the issue of keeping a check on employees, what if someone sells out the military grade weapon to non state actors......same thing happened with those Chinese .223 we captured from peshwar few weeks back......

We have moon star, daudsons, sheroz sons, they all make perfect clones of Sig P226, M 1911? Heck we are evn making copies of M4 A1 with colt stamped and those are some really really good copies, but then comes the issue of metallurgy, parties involved are not using the correct time of metal.....hence you require expert on the management and design level...
Setting up a plant large enough to meet our target is a pain in itself

I think that would be the case. On the other hand, if the BREN A2 were selected, then couldn't PA also take up a 7.62mm version of the BREN too (which CZ says can be done, easily)?
I'd assume so as well, but that depends on if the PA thinks the SCAR-L is better than the BREN A2, or if the SCAR-H is better than a 7.62 version of the BREN.

Basically, I'm assuming that if one is picked over the other, PA may go for both calibers for that system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom