What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Is moustache/beard mandatory? Only the guy on farthest right is beardless
Haha - I can see why you think that. Facial hair; I think are encouraged and recommended but under strict limits. For multiple reasons including - religion, intimidation, comfort, and many health related advantages. It has also always been in our historic war culture to sport facial hair as it seems manly and intimidating. Punjabi, Baloch and Pasthun warriors have always sported beards. There are also facial hair competitions.

We already have advanced rifles like the SCAR and M4. We need to start designing our own. Even if we can't make advanced firearms, we can at least make something cheap and cheerful. Something like that would also sell great.
Bhai keep ur cheap thinking to yourself it is not a toy which u just go and design its complex engineering with out TOT u end up INSAS india is top 3 exporters yet it cant design itself we need state of the art machenics engineers soldiers combinations of them make ane great gun

Is moustache/beard mandatory? Only the guy on farthest right is beardless

Dudes with skinny faces mostly spot beards. To make their face have a feeling of fullness.

When I say cheap and cheerful, I mean something like the ak47. Not some half assed weapon that jams easily.
And if world followed u they never made scar HK 416 gun AK 47 lacks accuracy if u get power of AK 47 accuracy of sniper in HK 417 and scar what u need so get out of 50s era wake up sid its 2016

images

Guys How about AK-15 ?
That is one sexy weapon - but it probably lacks range which will be priority in a Pak-Indo war.

There will be a million miles long discussion on this thread and end result will be still "Pakistani soldiers running around with a "heavily modernized" G3 in there hands in 2050/60 :coffee: while many of the countries may be inducting energy weapons by then at squad level."

There will be a million miles long discussion on this thread and end result will be still "Pakistani soldiers running around with a "heavily modernized" G3 in there hands in 2050/60 :coffee: while many of the countries may be inducting energy weapons by then at squad level."
We are going for new Gun no more G3 upgradtion going to take place

In this time of constantly accelerating innovation, any piece of equipment older than a few decades is due for replacement. This temporally-enhanced evolutionary process holds true for everything from refrigerators to battle rifles. A few years ago, Magpul designed the Magpul Masada rifle. Although the marketing department might have spent a little more time at Wikipedia (the siege at Masada only ended victoriously on the symbolic level), the Magpul long gun was everything the company believed a battle rifle should be. Remington took their concept to full production with their Remington ACR.

Just like the current M4/M16 platform, the ACR consists of an “upper” and “lower” receiver. End users (as shooters are called) can hang onto the lower and swap-out just about everything else on the rifle—barrels, optics, lights, etc. Hey presto chango! From 5.56x45mm NATO and 6.8 Remington Special (yet another 6.8 caliber) without an armorer.

The LE/Mil Remington ACR’s fire control components are extremely familiar; they’re basically the same as the M4/M16 controls. The only significant differences between the M4/M16 and the ACR: the bolt release is located at the bottom front of the trigger guard, and the charging handle is located in front of the chamber instead of behind against your face.

To activate the ACR’s bolt release, you have to positioned your finger dangerously close to inside the trigger guard. In contrast, Magpul’s B.A.D. device. I can release the bolt while my finger’s STRAIGHT and outside the trigger guard. With the ACR, I have to bend my finger slightly in order to put enough pressure on the release.

You can operate the Remington ACR’s forward charging handle without moving your hand off the fire controls or compromising your cheek weld. Unlike the FN SCAR, the ACR’s handle doesn’t reciprocate. So even if something gets in the way of the ACR’s charging handle the gun will still function. Yes but—the ACR’s charging handle is fixed on one side, not both. While they can be moved to either side based on user preference, neither the charging handle nor the safety selector switch are ambidextrous.

The safety / giggle switch is in the same position as the AR-15’s and operates in the same manner. It’s plastic. Personally I prefer my safety devices to be made of metal (especially when they’re on a machine gun); metal is less prone to bending and breaking than plastic. Style-wise, the flat dark earth safety selector switch blends in nicely with the rest of the rifle.

In terms of recoil, the LE/Mil Remington ACR’s hard to judge with the suppressor attached. Suppressed, the rifle has very little recoil, about as much as my AR-15 with a big-*** compensator attached (my friends tell me the rifle IS my compensator, but whatever).

While firing it, the rifle just feels right. Keeping the ACR on target during sustained fire isn’t that hard, but the muzzle does rise a significant amount. The cyclic rate of fire is a tad high, though, so bursts tended to be a little longer than I expected (to be fair, this was only the third fully automatic weapon I had ever fired, so take that statement with a grain of salt).

The ACR was a bittersweet joy to fire, knowing that the entire U.S. government stood between the fully-automatic rifle and my gun safe. Anyway, Remington designed the ACR to replace the M4/M16 family of rifles. While it is a fantastic piece I don’t see any major improvements that would justify swapping out the entire stock of the U.S. armed forces for the ACR. Which makes me sad. I was really rooting for it ever since it was unveiled at SHOT a while back. Still, the lobbyist-fed fat lady is just warming up.

Law Enforcement / Military Remington ACR

Specifications
Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO / 6.8 Remington Special
Barrel: 10.5″ / 14.5″ / 16.5″
Size: 21 5/6″ to 37 1/2″
Weight: 8 lbs. empty w/ 14.5″ barrel
Operation: Gas piston system
Finish: Black / Desert Tan
Capacity: Uses standard 5.56x45mm NATO magazines
MSRP: $??? (Law Enforcement / Military Only) (Civilian MSRP $2,343)

Ratings (Out of Five Stars)
All ratings are relative compared to the other weapons in the gun’s category.

Accuracy: * * * *
From what I could tell, it seems pretty accurate. Even in fully automatic fire, I was able to keep the rifle on a target roughly person sized at 15-20 yards for five or six rounds.

Ergonomics: * * *
Everything feels pretty good on this rifle. It points well and moves great from one target to another. But compared to the AR-15, it’s a lot bulkier. Like, significantly bulkier. The AR-15 does the same stuff but is much more streamlined.

Ergonomics Firing: * * * * *
Oh man, it feels good. Like, really good.

Reliability: N/A
I didn’t have enough time to test the reliability, but given the operating system and other reports on this rifle I’d say it’s par for the course.

Customization: * * * * *
The rifle not only has a full length top rail, but it also has slots to mount other rails or accessories directly to the rifle. You can change the stock, the grip, the side the charging handle and the safety are on… Freedom of choice!

Overall Rating: * * * *
Is this rifle a great shooter and feel wonderful? Yes indeed. Is the Remington ACR significantly better than the M4/M16? Not by my estimation. Is it better enough for civilian shooters in search of the next biggish thing? Absolutely. Am I going to buy one? As soon as it stops being so ungodly expensive.

[DISCLAIMER: The guns I fired at the NDIA (National Industry Defense Association) symposium are generally not available to the public. I didn’t get a whole lot of time to give the weapons a full and complete review. But I did have enough trigger time to get a general idea of how the guns feel and handle.]
Gun Review: LE/Mil Remington ACR - The Truth About Guns

S
really, you still dont believe, what i have said?? HK is not on the current lot being tested.....the chances of it being tested currently is 5% and 95% that HK is out.....concrete evidence has been shared with admin......i force people to agree with me, i can just present what i know....whether people believe me or not, is a different story.....

no, what i have said is they are not being tested and i am certain they are not here yet.

I receive pictures of pretty intresting things but i usually dont even mention them here on forum out of security concerns........
Oso are we testing sterngewher of WW 2 i dont be shocked it is the mindset of our arned force keep buying outdated retired shit PAF stuck with F 16 Navy stuck with lavish ATR and retired OHP and army with old stergeweher what a ideal

Fn Scar L Should finalised what a beautifully manufactured machine it is <3 According to the video the 5.56 Scar has very less recoil and long (not sharp) and after some good practice the reloading can be done a blink of an eye,the fire selector is very cleverly placed

@balixd @Horus @Quwa @Irfan Baloch

Just need a clarification, is Pakistan only looking to replace it's G-3 battle rifles? Or are the AKs also on the chopping block? I'm sort of getting mixed messages. Also, if the AKs ARE on the chopping block, is the SCAR-L also being considered?

images

Guys How about AK-15 ?
It looks nice, and may be a modern AK, but it is still just an AK. Pakistan is looking for something better, not necessarily cheaper.

@balixd @Horus @Quwa @Irfan Baloch

Just need a clarification, is Pakistan only looking to replace it's G-3 battle rifles? Or are the AKs also on the chopping block? I'm sort of getting mixed messages. Also, if the AKs ARE on the chopping block, is the SCAR-L also being considered?

It looks nice, and may be a modern AK, but it is still just an AK. Pakistan is looking for something better, not necessarily cheaper.
Sir the list told by @balixd includes AK-102 which is being tested as for SSG I don't know How much would it cost but Remington ACR should be tested because Type 56 is outdated.
remington_acr_by_thebadpanda2-d4lvwh9.jpg

Sir the list told by @balixd includes AK-102 which is being tested as for SSG I don't know How much would it cost but Remington ACR should be tested because Type 56 is outdated.
remington_acr_by_thebadpanda2-d4lvwh9.jpg
I think we need to make one thing clear, these competitions are only for those that are interested. The fact that Remington didn't bring the rifle forward means they're not interested.

Why would the army test something that they would never has a chance to use?

I think we need to make one thing clear, these competitions are only for those that are interested. The fact that Remington didn't bring the rifle forward means they're not interested.

Why would the army test something that they would never has a chance to use?
Sir I think we didn't invited them in first place in fact if we would have invited every one I am pretty sure MPT-76 and Berreta ARX-160 would have been among the Guns which are being tested. But the way we are testing Guns it seems we only selected few and decided to go ahead with it.

Back
Top Bottom