What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
fouji consensus is sticking with 7.63 because of its stopping power and penetration. I get that.

my ONLY observation is that the average skinny frame of our jawan doesn't handle the recoil of the G3 very well.
what good is a heavy round when it will shoot past the target? compare that to 5.56 round which is lighter, economical and has less kick meaning the firer has better chance of placing it at the vital parts of his enemy. its opponents whine about its lack of stopping power and penetration .. ignoring the fact that its hitting the target.

when the Americans switched to 5.56 rounds in Vietnam then they scored more kills. the actual war footage of armymen firing G3 in WoT is less than impressive. the G3 is almost succeeding in flying away from the soldier.. compare that to the other guns like carbines or assault rifles like type 56.. our Jawans are doing much better.
see this comparison video. to show what I mean.

It honestly depends on range and type of warfare. We use Type-56 and ect in FATA because it matches the environment of close range and unconventional warfare. A war with India is whole other story - which will mostly center around long range and slow firefights in open fields or mountains.

It honestly depends on range and type of warfare. We use Type-56 and ect in FATA because it matches the environment of close range and unconventional warfare. A war with India is whole other story - which will mostly center around long range and slow firefights in open fields or mountains.
again.. the question is not answered.. if the shooter cant handle the recoil then either train him better or get a gun that has a less kick. smaller round is one option. other is the way the recoil is absorbed or dissipated .. improving the chance of a hit.

you might want to see the Europeans firing the same G3 in full auto. there is no problem with the gun either.. its just that our bodies are normally not as meaty and muscular as the Europeans to handle these big *** battle rifles

again.. the question is not answered.. if the shooter cant handle the recoil then either train him better or get a gun that has a less kick. smaller round is one option. other is the way the recoil is absorbed or dissipated .. improving the chance of a hit.

you might want to see the Europeans firing the same G3 in full auto. there is no problem with the gun either.. its just that our bodies are normally not as meaty and muscular as the Europeans to handle these big *** battle rifles
Europeans/Americans use different and lighter variants; and its only their equipment which makes them look 'meaty and muscular'. I live in the US and trust me - US Soldiers are no where being 'meaty and muscular' as compared to what Hollywood portrays them as.

Here are Pakistani soldiers with heavy equipment and just like any other soldier in heavy equipment - they look muscular.
33xet1z.jpg

103795387-pakistani-army-commando-and-a-us-soldier-gettyimages.jpg

Honestly, Pakistani Soldiers are pretty fit - however diet needs to change.

27142025uhsu.jpg

Europeans/Americans use different and lighter variants; and its only their equipment which makes them look 'meaty and muscular'. I live in the US and trust me - US Soldiers are no where being 'meaty and muscular' as compared to what Hollywood portrays them as.

Here are Pakistani soldiers with heavy equipment and just like any other soldier in heavy equipment - they look muscular.
33xet1z.jpg

27142025uhsu.jpg
The diet is fine, much rather have "peenday" types than those hulking US marines whose body types/size require a lot of energy to maintain effectiveness plus they present bigger targets LOL

The diet is fine, much rather have "peenday" types than those hulking US marines whose body types/size require a lot of energy to maintain effectiveness plus they present bigger targets LOL
Again - honestly US marines arent as bulky as people think them to be.

Again - honestly US marines arent as bulky as people think them to be.
Some of the US special ops troops have huge upper bodies and skinny legs, I think they over do the weights, that is certainly the impression I get watching them on news programs.kudos

The discussion is now turning into BS
I mean no disrespect but you guys fail to understand what I am saying

Check out a Finnish soldier doing full auto of g3 on YouTube

33xet1z.jpg

27142025uhsu.jpg
Please I am talking average US soldier and I have lived and served together with Pak soldiers
F Hollywood

Check this out.

That's what I meant by having meat behind the gun
Rest is technique. Which is lacking among our guys
Either they put some pounds improve their stance or choose smaller calibar
Shooting wildly won't earn the kill.

End of

Please I am talking average US soldier and I have lived and served together with Pak soldiers
F Hollywood

Check this out.

End of
Again... That G3 is a different and lighter variant - just like I said.

We use a longer and heavier variant; here is an outdated but very informative video.

F Hollywood

Check this out.

End of
instead of changing the round we should train our soldiers better.
but sir can you tell us why even after 30 years of induction our boys haven't learn the proper stance and technique is it because of jugad culture (kay jesa chal raha hay chalney do).

instead of changing the round we should train our soldiers better.
but sir can you tell us why even after 30 years of induction our boys haven't learn the proper stance and technique is it because of jugad culture (kay jesa chal raha hay chalney do).
Honestly, its mainly the rifle. Pakistan still uses bulkier battle rifles, made mostly from metal, rather than lighter materials that the Europeans started to use at the turn of the century.

@Talwar e Pakistan is right. I've seen Canadian and US soldiers in person, I can say confidently, they're just as skinny as Pakistan infantrymen. In fact, the bulkier soldiers tend to be SpecOps, and Pakistan SpecOps are just as bulky as US, Canadian and European soldiers.

Honestly, its mainly the rifle. Pakistan still uses bulkier battle rifles, made mostly from metal, rather than lighter materials that the Europeans started to use at the turn of the century.

@Talwar e Pakistan is right. I've seen Canadian and US soldiers in person, I can say confidently, they're just as skinny as Pakistan infantrymen. In fact, the bulkier soldiers tend to be SpecOps, and Pakistan SpecOps are just as bulky as US, Canadian and European soldiers.
bro have you seen scar h and ak 103's recoil its like gentle tap on the shoulder compared to g3

not disrespecting our soldiers just trying to show what g3's recoil did to her shoulder

bro have you seen scar h and ak 103's recoil its like gentle tap on the shoulder compared to g3

not disrespecting our soldiers just trying to show what g3's recoil did to her shoulder
Like I said, its mainly the rifle.

F Hollywood

Check this out.

End of
That's some serious fire power

@Icarus

Sir, Can you put an end to this debate by telling us the reason behind the varying ability of different individuals to control the recoil of G-3 or any other rifle for that matter. Does it depend on technique or is it strength?

Back
Top Bottom