What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Because of time constraint, am unable to visit the range inperson otherwise its only an hour drive from islamabad......but as i have been informed, these are the only participants.....i dont see thrpe resons. They would share the pic of all weap8ns but miss the hk and mpt
When you are allowed to share pics on forum please share them

Because of time constraint, am unable to visit the range inperson otherwise its only an hour drive from islamabad......but as i have been informed, these are the only participants.....i dont see thrpe resons. They would share the pic of all weap8ns but miss the hk and mpt
So you're saying that it is probable that MPT-76 and HK-417 are not currently being tested?

Yaar I do hope that is FN-Scar H. Not just because we've heard good things about it but also because the Americans provide unmatched customer support and service.

So you're saying that it is probable that MPT-76 and HK-417 are not currently being tested?

Yaar I do hope that is FN-Scar H. Not just because we've heard good things about it but also because the Americans provide unmatched customer support and service.
its Belgian weapon not american they just make few adjustments to it to suit their need we can demand that too from FN. in end it will be FN that will provide tot and support for gun except american developed optics or accessories.these belong to america and are their's to sell.

Last edited:
its Belgian weapon not american they just make few adjustments to it to suit their need we can demand that too from FN. in end it will be FN that will provide tot and support for gun except american developed optics or accessories.these belong to america and are their's to sell.
Produced by FN's subsidiary based in US.

Just uploading some cool pics of all four rifles :D

AK 102-103

a3.png
3486169922_902ab4cc34_b.jpg

QBZ 03

300000894425128083147099010_950.jpg
a4.png

SCAR-H

navy_seal_with_mk17_mod_0_scar_h_76_1259820783.jpg
Scar H rifle.jpg

CZ 805 Bren A2

6838184268_dd45e57a0e_o.jpg
CZ 805 Bren A2 Rifle.jpg

Still no concrete evidance what options really been tested hope HK 416 picked because it is unmatched german tech eye closed u buy german tech no match in the world u found of german tech so bellieve what is historically best producer whom we are using G 3A3 and MP 5 what else i should say to satisfy all u and PAK ARMY

Still no concrete evidance what options really been tested hope HK 416 picked because it is unmatched german tech eye closed u buy german tech no match in the world u found of german tech so bellieve what is historically best producer whom we are using G 3A3 and MP 5 what else i should say to satisfy all u and PAK ARMY
really, you still dont believe, what i have said?? HK is not on the current lot being tested.....the chances of it being tested currently is 5% and 95% that HK is out.....concrete evidence has been shared with admin......i force people to agree with me, i can just present what i know....whether people believe me or not, is a different story.....

no, what i have said is they are not being tested and i am certain they are not here yet.

When you are allowed to share pics on forum please share them
I receive pictures of pretty intresting things but i usually dont even mention them here on forum out of security concerns........

For the record I hope PA selects the SCAR-H as well. Not only is it a relatively mature and trusted weapon (for a new rifle), but the modularity aspect is key. We can re-adapt the core SCAR for 5.56mm if need be, or as PDW, or even DMG. The single design can be scaled and adapted for practically each and every one of Pakistan's service arms.

really, you still dont believe, what i have said?? HK is not on the current lot being tested.....the chances of it being tested currently is 5% and 95% that HK is out.....concrete evidence has been shared with admin......i force people to agree with me, i can just present what i know....whether people believe me or not, is a different story.....

no, what i have said is they are not being tested and i am certain they are not here yet.

I receive pictures of pretty intresting things but i usually dont even mention them here on forum out of security concerns........

What are the chances nothing comes out of this trials because our debt is going to be matured soon and Many programs would be put on hold or deferred

What are the chances nothing comes out of this trials because our debt is going to be matured soon and Many programs would be put on hold or deferred
This is what i have said to horus as well, scar may look good on the paper but still it is going to cost us all lot and budget put a constraint on our purchasing power --- but then dont forget, we are not going to replace our weapons overnight.....it is a very long process, taking years or perhaps decade to switch from one rifle to another......nust take for instance, there are still units with G3 wooden furniture, they did not even had the stock replaced with polymer and free floating......i see such weapons in pindi cannt and during my visit to AJK last year, and stayed in army mess at Keran.....the frontline troops were still using the wooden furniture ones.....we havnt been able to upgrade the existing seapon platform, forget about replacement......
But then this is a plus point, as it wont be effected by our current financial crisis......chief would not have given the order if it was not thought out

latest ak series rifle if im not wrong 100 series latest variant has 0 recoil I saw its video cant remember on which post.

This is what i have said to horus as well, scar may look good on the paper but still it is going to cost us all lot and budget put a constraint on our purchasing power --- but then dont forget, we are not going to replace our weapons overnight.....it is a very long process, taking years or perhaps decade to switch from one rifle to another......nust take for instance, there are still units with G3 wooden furniture, they did not even had the stock replaced with polymer and free floating......i see such weapons in pindi cannt and during my visit to AJK last year, and stayed in army mess at Keran.....the frontline troops were still using the wooden furniture ones.....we havnt been able to upgrade the existing seapon platform, forget about replacement......
But then this is a plus point, as it wont be effected by our current financial crisis......chief would not have given the order if it was not thought out
Yaar any idea about Scar H's expected unit cost? The MSRP for the semi-automatic civilian variant is ridiculously high.

So there are two issues.

1. The cost of actually replacing all of the old rifles. I agree, this can and probably will take a long time. In fact, even armies with more resources than Pakistan are not rushing the process. The Turks, Czechs, etc, are buying new assault rifles in batches of 15,000 to 20,000 a year, which costs them an average of $30 million a year. This is doable, even for the Pakistan Army, which will likely scale production for several decades, at least.

2. The issue that Pakistan may face problems with is the up front cost of acquiring the IP and production facilities. This could be addressed by distributing the burden between each of the relevant service arms, e.g. Army, Frontier Corps, Rangers, LEAs, Navy, Air Force, etc. Every one of them can and will benefit from having this rifle locally produced.

Or perhaps Army wants SCAR-H but not L for some reason? - This is precisely what confused me though. Since the SCAR-H is the only modern carbine in 7.62mm competing against AK-103, we already know the winner. As for Bren-2, it continues to puzzle me unless Army is testing it directly against SCAR-L for performance's sake.

PA may be testing it to replace MP-5s and SSG also use M-4, so Bren-2 can be tested against that too.

Back
Top Bottom