What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
12647163_1120098218030831_8169146407176885580_n.jpg

11117161_928070437232898_1260093217_n_zpssmk8v62r.jpg

11111284_1374393876223192_1569963914_n_zps7xvw6a2f.jpg

I heard good things about MPT-76 but I don't like the way it recoils. I say Pakistan should go with SCAR-H, if they can produce it locally within decent price range. 5.56 round isn't meant for the warzone. It has to be 7.62.

No news but, the Indian sukhois are going to get swatted down like flies soon.
What do you mean by that ? Are you referring to some Air Defence system or a new Fighter Jet ?

@Horus @Zarvan i had the pleasure of looking at the pics of the weapons being tested, there is no winner yet.....and to my amazement, the weapons calibre ranged from 5.56 to 7.62x51.......current weapon system under trial are....SCAR-H , QBZ 03, AK 102, CZ 805 bren A2..there is no mk417 .....yep no HK :O

Edit - ok there is no MPT, the gun i thought is mpt, is actually not mpt......am having diffulty identifying the weapon....looks very similar to scar....

Edit 2: that gun is actually CZ 805 bren A2......how stupid of me.....and the Gun i thought is AK 12, is actually QBZ 03.......yep u read it correct
The Guns you have mentioned in them SCAR H would be clear winner @Sulman Badshah @Tipu7

@Horus @Zarvan i had the pleasure of looking at the pics of the weapons being tested, there is no winner yet.....and to my amazement, the weapons calibre ranged from 5.56 to 7.62x51.......current weapon system under trial are....SCAR-H , QBZ 03, AK 102, CZ 805 bren A2..there is no mk417 .....yep no HK :O

Edit - ok there is no MPT, the gun i thought is mpt, is actually not mpt......am having diffulty identifying the weapon....looks very similar to scar....

Edit 2: that gun is actually CZ 805 bren A2......how stupid of me.....and the Gun i thought is AK 12, is actually QBZ 03.......yep u read it correct
images

You mean this Gun I mean QBZ 03 ?

post-1-1226169514.jpg

QBZ 03 Assault Rifle: China

wiki.png

The QBZ-03 assault rifle, also known as the Type 03, is a Chinese gas operated, selective-fire weapon and is the latest assault rifle designed and developed for the 5.8×42mm DBP87 round.

Unlike the bullpup QBZ-95, the QBZ-03 is a weapon of conventional design and is loosely inspired by the Type 81 assault rifle]. The weapon is designed to be easily used by soldiers already familiar with previously issued rifles and machine guns. The QBZ-03 has a two-piece receiver largely made up of forged aluminum alloy with the stock, pistol grip, and handguards being made of a polymer compound. The gas block has a two position regulator, one for firing standard ammunition, the other to allow the use of rifle grenades. The sights are of a hooded front sight with a flip up rear diopter sight similar to the American M16 rifle. A scope rail is available to allow the use of various optics. The QBZ-03 has seen some issue within the People's Armed Police, People's Liberation Army Marine Corps, People's Liberation Army Air Force Paratroopers, and second line PLA ground units. An export-aimed version of the QBZ-03 also exists, first introduced in 2005 by the joint CJAIE (China Jing-An Import-Export) and Jiang-She Group Companies. The export version is chambered in 5.56×45mm NATO and feeds by STANAG magazines. The cyclic rate on the issued model is semi-automatic or fully automatic only, while the export model has an integrated three round burst mode. The type's most notable public display was by the PLA Airforce Airborne Troops during the October 1st 2009 60th Anniversary Parade. The assault rifle was also featured in the 2015 Victory Day Parade.

QBZ03_in_a_military_parade.jpg

Live fire performance.................

View attachment 294796

The QBZ-03 assault rifle, also known as the Type 03, is a Chinese gas operated, selective-fire weapon and is the latest assault rifle designed and developed for the 5.8×42mm DBP87 round.

Unlike the bullpup QBZ-95, the QBZ-03 is a weapon of conventional design and is loosely inspired by the Type 81 assault rifle]. The weapon is designed to be easily used by soldiers already familiar with previously issued rifles and machine guns. The QBZ-03 has a two-piece receiver largely made up of forged aluminum alloy with the stock, pistol grip, and handguards being made of a polymer compound. The gas block has a two position regulator, one for firing standard ammunition, the other to allow the use of rifle grenades. The sights are of a hooded front sight with a flip up rear diopter sight similar to the American M16 rifle. A scope rail is available to allow the use of various optics. The QBZ-03 has seen some issue within the People's Armed Police, People's Liberation Army Marine Corps, People's Liberation Army Air Force Paratroopers, and second line PLA ground units. An export-aimed version of the QBZ-03 also exists, first introduced in 2005 by the joint CJAIE (China Jing-An Import-Export) and Jiang-She Group Companies. The export version is chambered in 5.56×45mm NATO and feeds by STANAG magazines. The cyclic rate on the issued model is semi-automatic or fully automatic only, while the export model has an integrated three round burst mode. The type's most notable public display was by the PLA Airforce Airborne Troops during the October 1st 2009 60th Anniversary Parade. The assault rifle was also featured in the 2015 Victory Day Parade.

I really don't like this Gun

Scar H.jpg

SCAR H : United States

s1.png

The Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle (SCAR)[11] is a gas-operated (short-stroke gas piston)[9] self-loading rifle with a rotating bolt and a firing rate of 625 rounds/min. It is constructed to be extremely modular, including barrel change to switch between calibres. The rifle was developed by FN Herstal (FNH) for the United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM) to satisfy the requirements of the SCAR competition. This family of rifles consist of two main types. The SCAR-L, for "light", is chambered in the 5.56×45mm NATO cartridge and the SCAR-H, for "heavy", fires 7.62×51mm NATO. Both are available in Long Barrel and Close Quarters Combat variants.

The FN SCAR systems completed low rate initial production testing in June 2007. After some delays, the first rifles began being issued to operational units in April 2009, and a battalion of the US 75th Ranger Regiment was the first large unit deployed into combat with 600 of the rifles in 2009. The US Special Operations Command later cancelled their purchase of the Mark 16 (or MK 16) SCAR-L and planned to remove the rifle from their inventory by 2013. However, they will continue to purchase the Mk 17 SCAR-H version, and also plan to purchase 5.56 mm conversion kits for the Mk 17, supplanting the loss of the Mk 16.

As of early 2015, the FN SCAR is in service in over 20 countries.

• Modular

The FN SCAR®-H STD assault rifle is chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO caliber and is fitted with a standard 16" barrel.

The operator can replace the standard barrel with a short 13" barrel for close quarter combat in less than five minutes. The rifle is then called FN SCAR®-H CQC.

FN SCAR®-H STD

FN SCAR®-H CQC
The FN SCAR®-H STD assault rifle can be fitted with a FN40GL®-H grenade launcher mounted on the lower rail of the rifle, for additional firepower.

• Adaptable

The FN SCAR® assault rifle features a foldable buttstock, an adjustable cheek piece (2 positions) and an adjustable length of pull (6 positions) to adapt to any operators.

Extended buttstock

Folded buttstock

Retracted buttstock
  • Ambidextrous

The FN SCAR® assault rifle features a reversible charging handle and an ambidextrous safety/firing selector and magazine release.
    Right- and left-handed operators are at ease with any FN SCAR® assault rifle.
  • Compact

The FN SCAR®-H STD weights no more than 3.720 kg (without magazine) and does not exceed 721mm in length with folded buttstock.
  • Accuracy

The FN SCAR® assault rifle fires semi-automatic or full automatic maintaining high firing accuracy in either mode.
  • Wide range of Accessories

The FN SCAR® assault rifle features an upper Picatinny rail for optional day or night sighting systems (in-line mounting possible) and lower and side rails for optional accessories (e.g. light, laser, foregrip).
    Further accessories are available, such as sling, bipod, carrying bag and blank firing system.

• Easy Field Stripping

The FN SCAR® assault rifle consists of 5 major assemblies:
  1. Buttstock
  2. Receiver
  3. Bolt carrier
  4. Trigger module
  5. Magazine

NS.png

AK-102_assault_rifle_at_Engineering_Technologies_2012.jpg

AK 102 : Russia

ak102 wiki.png

The AK-102 assault rifle is a shortened carbine version of the AK-101 rifle, which in turn was derived from the original AK-47 design and its AK-74 successor. The AK-102, AK-104, and AK-105 are very similar in design, the only difference being the caliber and corresponding magazine type. The AK-102 is an export version chambered to fire 5.56×45mm NATO ammunition.

Compared to the AK-101 and AK-103, which are full-size rifles of similar design, the AK-102, 104, and 105 feature shortened barrels that make them a middle ground between a full rifle and the more compact AKS-74U. Whereas the AK-10x rifles have longer barrels, full-length gas pistons, and solid, side-folding polymer stocks, the AKS-74U is shorter, and features a skeleton stock.

The rifle's receiver is made of stamped steel. The magazine is lighter, and more durable than older models, being made out of reinforced fiberglass. The butt stock is made of plastic, making it lighter, more durable, and it is hollow, allowing a field kit to be stored in side of it.[

The AK-102 uses an adjustable notched rear tangent iron sight calibrated in 100 m (109 yd) increments from 100 to 500 m (109 to 547 yd). The front sight is a post adjustable for elevation in the field. Horizontal adjustment is done by the factory or armory before issue. The AK-102 has a muzzle booster derived form the AKS-74U.

The 100-series AKs are produced by the Izhmash factories in Izhevsk, Russia.

Source-Wikimedia-Commons.jpg

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

CZ 805 Bren A2.jpg

CZ 805 Bren A2 : Czech Republic

CZ 805.png

Displayed the first time during the IDEB 2010 exhibition in Bratislava, Slovakia, the modular automatic rifle CZ 805 BREN A1/A2 represents the latest continuance to the tradition of service weapons manufacture in Ceska zbrojovka a.s.,Unersky Brod, dating back to 1936. Combining exceptional experiences with the latest design processes and high technology made an outstanding and modern automatic weapon meeting all the needs of the 21° Century soldier. Easily reversible bolt operating handle allows this weapons to be used by left-handed shooters. The CZ 805 BREN rifle won at the turn of 2009/2010 in tender for the partial re-armament of the Czech Army with new rifles made in cal. 5.56x45 mm NATO. Under the contract signed in March 2010 with the Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic the first supplies of these weapons to the Czech troops will be realized in November 2010.

Variants
- CZ 805 BREN A1:
The modular automatic rifle CZ 805 BREN A1 in 5.56 x45 mm NATO calibre is the assault rifle version with a barrel length of 360 mm.
- CZ 805 BREN A2:
More compact version of modular automatic rifle CZ 805 BREN A1 in 5.56x45 mm NATO calibre with a shorter barrel, length 277 mm.

Design
The CZ 805 BREN rifle uses locked breech with rotating breech block and its automatic function is driven by combustion gases tapped from barrel with options for two-stage regulation of piston mechanism. Unified, easily removable trigger mechanism is provided with ambidextrous four-position selector of the firing mode (0-1-2-30). The weapon's receiver is along its whole top length, on both sides and the bottom side outfitted with accessory rails in accordance with MIL-STD-1913. Folding shoulder stock as ergonomic contours and can be adjusted for length and is provided with reversible cheek piece. The CZ 805 BREN assault rifle is manufactured from selection of quality steel, high-strength aluminium alloys and the latest construction plastic together with application of the most modern technologies for surface protection. Thanks to the sophisticated design and cutting-edge technology the CZ 805 BREN A2 carbine excels in high service life and reliability in all types of combat deployment. The modular design enables this weapon to be easily adapted to assault rifle (CZ 805 BREN A1) or carbine with shortened barrel (CZ 805 BREN A2).

Ammunition
The basic version is chambered in 5.56x45 mm NATO cartridge. The modular conception and unified anchoring system of interchangeable barrels allows an easy conversion to different calibre, currently 7.62x39 mm, and over some term also in 6.8x43 mm SPC Rem. Barrels are due to the muzzle thread adapted for attachment of flash hider, sound suppressor or dummy cartridges fire.
Magazine
Interchangeable magazine housing secures, besides the use of the original transparent magazine made by CZUB, also possibility to use all standard magazines for the M4/M16 weapons, including high-capacity magazines for automatic weapons of squad.
Accessories
The CZ 805 BREN A1/ A2 is fitted with folding mechanical sight, with the front sight adjustable for elevation and the rear sight for windage. The CZ 805 set also includes a multi-purpose combat / tactical knife, which is an original design made by Ceska zbrojovka a. s., and three point carry sling. The CZ 805 BREN can be also equipped with under slung grenade launcher designated as the CZ 805 G1 in 40x46 cal., which was developed specifically for the CZ 805 BREN with option for separate use.

4160660_vojaci_praslavice_pusky_098_galerie-980.jpg

View attachment 294796

Recoil is very low impressive weapon i believe based on AK.

I really don't like this Gun
It is ugly ................. look very powerless compared to others .............. but it is going to replace QBZ 97 in PLA as standard assault Rifle.................

30-round-mag.jpg

i believe based on AK.
Ak 12 .................................
Since we are just looking at base model so it is looking ugly and too simple ............... Arm it with its goodies and you have bad @$$ looking rifle...............

I'm surprised that HK is absent, considering Pakistan and HK's close working relationship.

If this is really the competition, then the SCAR-H has already won, and they're just holding the competition as a formality.

@Horus @waz @Quwa

Any idea why HK would be a no show? It's a big contract, I doubt it has anything to do with money.

It is ugly ................. look very powerless compared to others .............. but it is going to replace QBZ 97 in PLA as standard assault Rifle.................

View attachment 294816

Ak 12 .................................
Since we are just looking at base model so it is looking ugly and too simple ............... Arm it with its goodies and you have bad @$$ looking rifle...............
images

Berreta ARX 160 and Berreta ARX 200 should be tested and also MPT 76 @MastanKhan

I'm surprised that HK is absent, considering Pakistan and HK's close working relationship.

If this is really the competition, then the SCAR-H has already won, and they're just holding the competition as a formality.

@Horus @waz @Quwa

Any idea why HK would be a no show? It's a big contract, I doubt it has anything to do with money.
Germany can't be trusted at all they may back off in the name of human rights

images

Berreta ARX 160 and Berreta ARX 200 should be tested and also MPT 76 @MastanKhan

Germany can't be trusted at all they may back off in the name of human rights
Germany has, for quite a while, been willing and wanting to sell to Pakistan. The problem has always been finances. The huge relationship between HK and Pakistan is proof of Germany's reliability.

Never bring "trust" first into a business deal. This is why India is ahead, and why the world respects India. If trust is your first issue, you'll never gain it. You have to build trust, and the only way you can do that is by signing professionally conducted business deals.

Germany can't be trusted, just as much as Pakistan, in fact, Pakistan is worse.

Besides, if Germany backs off, it'll hurt them. Pakistan can always reward the contract to the second place winner.

@Horus @waz @Quwa

My be German Govt pressure is reason other one is perhaps G3s poor performance in mountain warfare.

Back
Top Bottom