What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
we can't we operate two different guns ? for two extreme temperatures like for Division stationed in Sindh can use a Gun which can work better in extreme heat , but for Azad Kashmir regiments we can give them different Variants or something different for Siachen Glaciers ?

Apart from Money what else can be problem to operate two different guns ?

we can't we operate two different guns ? for two extreme temperatures like for Division stationed in Sindh can use a Gun which can work better in extreme heat , but for Azad Kashmir regiments we can give them different Variants or something different for Siachen Glaciers ?

Apart from Money what else can be problem to operate two different guns ?
training cost,loss of flexibility in armed force,need for two types of manufacturing plants,with two tots as you won't buy this much rifles off the shelf

It´s just made for the next 50 Years :)

Please think objective and then you will see best option even for PAF is MPT-76
too much recoil,less manoeuvrable(too big at 36 inches),not battle proven and expensive 3-5k$ a piece. whereas M4 is cheaper already being used, battle proven ,shorter length means more manoeuvrable can be used for cqb also,cheaper then other alternatives,alot of gizmos can be attached, light weight at 2.9 kg whereas mpt 76 is 4.1 kg difference is clear.M-4 will and should be Pakistan main battle rifle.

That is your opinion son, SCAR is a FN product developed for the US. It doesn't restrict FN from exporting it or an altered version to other states. Its normal business.

You won't get the SCAR for anything less than $2500, its quite an
expensive rifle. Moreso, FN won't allow local manuafcture of this as SCAR was made with the help of US-SF by FN-US and Belgium, you will need Unkil's permit which Unkil won't give. You might get the HK but again very expensive, you're only choice is the Turkish stuff.

That is your opinion son, SCAR is a FN product developed for the US. It doesn't restrict FN from exporting it or an altered version to other states. Its normal business.
FN could 'draw lessons' from the SCAR and 'develop' a 'new' solution for Pakistan. When you're going to scale production to a million units, you can spend a little in quasi-development (i.e FN taking SCAR, changing it a little, and selling it to Pakistan).

so is it only in our wish list or army is seriously considering scar.its a great rifle and i am even willing to pay more taxes for it but i have a feeling in my gut that army will never buy it. hk 416 option seems more possible.

HK-416 is chambered in 5.56mm
SCAR-H = 7.62mm
SCAR-L = 5.56mm

Read my post above carefully where i have addressed the issue of caliber requirements.

so is it only in our wish list or army is seriously considering scar.its a great rifle and i am even willing to pay more taxes for it but i have a feeling in my gut that army will never buy it. hk 416 option seems more possible.

11d4smu.png

1241sy4.png

13fosa6.png

144gslu.png

Best replacement for a G3 :)

@Horus @Zarvan i had the pleasure of looking at the pics of the weapons being tested, there is no winner yet.....and to my amazement, the weapons calibre ranged from 5.56 to 7.62x51.......current weapon system under trial are....SCAR-H , QBZ 03, AK 102, CZ 805 bren A2..there is no mk417 .....yep no HK :O

Edit - ok there is no MPT, the gun i thought is mpt, is actually not mpt......am having diffulty identifying the weapon....looks very similar to scar....

Edit 2: that gun is actually CZ 805 bren A2......how stupid of me.....and the Gun i thought is AK 12, is actually QBZ 03.......yep u read it correct

Last edited:
@Horus @Zarvan i had the pleasure of looking at the pics of the weapons being tested, there is no winner yet.....and to my amazement, the weapons calibre ranged from 5.56 to 7.62x51.......current weapon system under trial are....SCAR-H , AK 12, AK 102, MPT ....there is no mk417 .....yep no HK :O

Edit - ok there is no MPT, the gun i thought is mpt, is actually not mpt......am having diffulty identifying the weapon....looks very similar to scar....
thanks for this info sir
and god pls be it scar H pls be it scar H pls pls pls(i know guys i am being little childish but i am dying to see this gun as our army's primary service weapon our boys deserve the best and we are willing to pay any price for that)

Back
Top Bottom