What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Germany has, for quite a while, been willing and wanting to sell to Pakistan. The problem has always been finances. The huge relationship between HK and Pakistan is proof of Germany's reliability.

Never bring "trust" first into a business deal. This is why India is ahead, and why the world respects India. If trust is your first issue, you'll never gain it. You have to build trust, and the only way you can do that is by signing professionally conducted business deals.

Germany can't be trusted, just as much as Pakistan, in fact, Pakistan is worse.

Besides, if Germany backs off, it'll hurt them. Pakistan can always reward the contract to the second place winner.
If we are testing FN SCAR than money is not the issue . I think Pakistan is not ready to trust Germany otherwise I can't see any reason why HK 417 won't be tested. By the way @balixd can you try to get the list of Guns which we are testing I mean full list not just the pictures you saw because it's impossible that we won't test HK 417 and MPT-76
@Sulman Badshah @Tipu7

After witnessing evidence by @balixd - we can confirm that PA is indeed testing SCAR-H with UBGL, CZ-806Bren2 and AK-103.

@Zarvan @Hyperion @Icarus @Bratva @MilSpec
I think HK's absence could do with the competition being in the advanced stages, these guns are the final crop. I'm surprised the CZ-806Bren2 is there considering it is 5.56mm, must be a very good rifle, especially since it is the only 5.56mm one of the lot. Perhaps CZ is also competitive on the cost front and/or may be willing to develop a 7.62mm variant?

Or perhaps Army wants SCAR-H but not L for some reason? - This is precisely what confused me though. Since the SCAR-H is the only modern carbine in 7.62mm competing against AK-103, we already know the winner. As for Bren-2, it continues to puzzle me unless Army is testing it directly against SCAR-L for performance's sake.

I think HK's absence could do with the competition being in the advanced stages, these guns are the final crop. I'm surprised the CZ-806Bren2 is there considering it is 5.56mm, must be a very good rifle, especially since it is the only 5.56mm one of the lot. Perhaps CZ is also competitive on the cost front and/or may be willing to develop a 7.62mm variant?

the best ones are AK12 or M4 dono me se ek lele
AK are not accurate, M4 are short barrel and not suitable as a standard infantry weapons. If you meant M16A4 than they fire 5.56 round, which is too light for a real fight. US soldiers and marines learned from Iraq war that a single 5.56 would not put down an enemy. Sometimes Iraqi fighters would take cocktail of adrenaline drug before a fire fight, in that case even 3 to 4 round would not put down an enemy fighters. 7.62 round is a must for any real firefight.
@Horus 7.62 round is heavy and more stable in flight making it more accurate and it delivers a heavier punch. Recoil is bit problem, but i think SCAR manages that problem well.

Or perhaps Army wants SCAR-H but not L for some reason? - This is precisely what confused me though. Since the SCAR-H is the only modern carbine in 7.62mm competing against AK-103, we already know the winner. As for Bren-2, it continues to puzzle me unless Army is testing it directly against SCAR-L for performance's sake.
Is it possible they have the 7.62mm version of the Bren-2? The company website seems to suggest this is possible.

The 805 Bren is CZ’s answer to the need for a modular and reliable piston-operated selective-fire rifle. It is specifically built to switch between calibers and even magazine systems easily. Removing the barrel/piston system only involves 6 easily-accessible screws. Change the bolt-face and the rifle can shoot a range of different cartridges (5.56×45 and 7.62×39 are currently on contract and many more are possible).

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-805-bren-a2/

After witnessing evidence by @balixd - we can confirm that PA is indeed testing SCAR-H with UBGL, CZ-806Bren2 and AK-103.

@Zarvan @Hyperion @Icarus @Bratva @MilSpec
It seem we are just testing other Guns for complimentary or just fill the chart. None of these Guns can beat FN SCAR their is no chance of that. By the way their should be more Guns where is Berreta ARX 160 ? Also MPT 76 ?

Considering, more and more militaries -including India- are issuing their soldiers protective vest with SAPI plates inserts for 7.62 rounds. Only visible kill spot left from a distance is the head. Unless at very close range, 5.56 usually don't penetrates soldier's helmet.

You are forgetting that another gun being tested in 5.56 is Norinco QBZ 03, so CZ is not alone into the competition......as far as HK is concerned then i am of view that these are initial trails and the first batch, there may be another batch coming.....nothing is certain at this point......

Is it possible they have the 7.62mm version of the Bren-2? The company website seems to suggest this is possible.

The 805 Bren is CZ’s answer to the need for a modular and reliable piston-operated selective-fire rifle. It is specifically built to switch between calibers and even magazine systems easily. Removing the barrel/piston system only involves 6 easily-accessible screws. Change the bolt-face and the rifle can shoot a range of different cartridges (5.56×45 and 7.62×39 are currently on contract and many more are possible).

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-805-bren-a2/
It is very clear from the picture that it is 5.56 variant......mag, barrel and discarge port speak for themeselves about the calibre in question....

@balixd A friend is claiming that SSG are testing MPT 76 !!!! Can you confirm it ?

You are forgetting that another gun being tested in 5.56 is Norinco QBZ 03, so CZ is not alone into the competition......as far as HK is concerned then i am of view that these are initial trails and the first batch, there may be another batch coming.....nothing is certain at this point......

It is very clear from the picture that it is 5.56 variant......mag, barrel and discarge port speak for themeselves about the calibre in question....
Where is Berrtea ARX 160 ?

AK are not accurate, M4 are short barrel and not suitable as a standard infantry weapons. If you meant M16A4 than they fire 5.56 round, which is too light for a real fight. US soldiers and marines learned from Iraq war that a single 5.56 would not put down an enemy. Sometimes Iraqi fighters would take cocktail of adrenaline drug before a fire fight, in that case even 3 to 4 round would not put down an enemy fighters. 7.62 round is a must for any real firefight.
@Horus 7.62 round is heavy and more stable in flight making it more accurate and it delivers a heavier punch. Recoil is bit problem, but i think SCAR manages that problem well.
Initially when the letter was sent out it was said that they will be replacing Service rifle, but considering the range of variants being tested, i am wondering what if our Scope has been widened???
@Horus @Zarvan we are not considering the newly raised Special Secuirty Division of Pak army which has been tasked to protect CPEC.....we cannot expect them to run aroung with 18" G3 or more heavier SCARH, considering the weightof 7.62 x51.... . so we switch the calibre....and Let me add herethat the Weapon being tested for 7.62 x 51 is not 18" variant but 16" variant or perhaps 14"......but its notthelong barrel variantof SCARH

@balixd A friend is claiming that SSG are testing MPT 76 !!!! Can you confirm it ?

Where is Berrtea ARX 160 ?
I am not sure, but what i know for certain is that they are among the systems being test by the Military, and i dont see why SSG would conduct seperate trails for this, as branch mandated to the trails is different......

Since we are talking abouttrails, then nust to add here, i have heard the word on the "Street" that F.C has adopted locally manufactured 9Mm pistol by Daudsons......

@balixd if the Guns you mentioned are only Guns being tested than FN SCAR will win. Friend also claims FN SCAR was offered as part of CSF

@balixd if the Guns you mentioned are only Guns being tested than FN SCAR will win. Friend also claims FN SCAR was offered as part of CSF
Because of time constraint, am unable to visit the range inperson otherwise its only an hour drive from islamabad......but as i have been informed, these are the only participants.....i dont see thrpe resons. They would share the pic of all weap8ns but miss the hk and mpt

Back
Top Bottom