What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
@Icarus

Sir, Can you put an end to this debate by telling us the reason behind the varying ability of different individuals to control the recoil of G-3 or any other rifle for that matter. Does it depend on technique or is it strength?

Its a combination of either. How a rifle handles in your hand has a lot to do with physical factors that show enormous variability across individuals. The width of your palm, the length of your arms, the shape of your shoulder, your forearm strength, your breathing technique and several tens of other factors can determine how adept you are with a firearm.
Which is why skeet shooters spend days 'dry mounting' their weapon and making changes in the shape of the butt (by mere centimeters at a time), the pistol grip (if applicable), chokes and the barrel to find a combination that works for them.

@Icarus

Sir, Can you put an end to this debate by telling us the reason behind the varying ability of different individuals to control the recoil of G-3 or any other rifle for that matter. Does it depend on technique or is it strength?
you answered your question very well, its bit of everything if the person is to be blamed. but its the gun as well. both the weapon and the user need to be compatible with each other to make a winning combination.

there is no certain answer. the 303 Springfield had/ has a kick..maybe more than the G3. but there is a way to compensate for that. if the insistence is for a bigger round then power to you.. get a better designed battle rifle that absorbs and distributes the recoil better (check up videos on guns that have a revolutionary design to distribute the recoil downwards instead of back to the shoulder).

then is the technique, one step ahead, lean forward, strength of grip and the correct placement on the shoulder and correct breathing while squeezing the trigger. our boys (and officers) make good shooting with G3 even with iron sight but they are exception.. I am looking for a gun that does that for over 85% men so its a norm.

in order to stay truly and religiously loyal to 7.62 round,

instead of changing the round we should train our soldiers better.
but sir can you tell us why even after 30 years of induction our boys haven't learn the proper stance and technique is it because of jugad culture (kay jesa chal raha hay chalney do).

If I carry on discussion on this thread then it will only cause myself stress and mental breakdown. I have tried everything to convey the message with examples and alternatives but it has been dismissed and discussion has been screwed to the core. I never felt so embarrassed, helpless and humiliated for pressing on with what message I was trying to get through.

my rant was on a mismatch of gun, recoil, round, person & training (if I explain what I mean by this then I will invite more trouble for myself)

Never again.

Last edited:
Better focus on indigenous one, import technology and manufacture in home.

Let's design our own firearm. Who's with me?
bro i think we need one last imported rifle with TOT to know all the advance feature of current gen rifles and then we will have strong base to produce modern arms our self.other wise insas type incident might happen.

bro i think we need one last imported rifle with TOT to know all the advance feature of current gen rifles and then we will have strong base to produce modern arms our self.other wise insas type incident might happen.

We already have advanced rifles like the SCAR and M4. We need to start designing our own. Even if we can't make advanced firearms, we can at least make something cheap and cheerful. Something like that would also sell great.

Let's design our own firearm. Who's with me?
We already have - but they dont largely meet our military requirements. It best if we get foreign firearms, modify them to our needs and then mass produce them through ToT.

We already have advanced rifles like the SCAR and M4. We need to start designing our own. Even if we can't make advanced firearms, we can at least make something cheap and cheerful. Something like that would also sell great.
mate we are talking about our future service rifle here we can't just give substandard weapons to our soldiers.they are fighting for with their life and least we could do is to arm them with quality weapons.

We already have - but they dont largely meet our military requirements. It best if we get foreign firearms, modify them to our needs and then mass produce them through ToT.

I'm not talking about those g3's and Kalashnikovs we manufacture under license, I'm talking about a true, self designed rifle. We can and should make one.

images

Guys How about AK-15 ?

mate we are talking about our future service rifle here we can't just give substandard weapons to our soldiers.they are fighting for with their life and least we could do is to arm them with quality weapons.

When I say cheap and cheerful, I mean something like the ak47. Not some half assed weapon that jams easily.

Europeans/Americans use different and lighter variants; and its only their equipment which makes them look 'meaty and muscular'. I live in the US and trust me - US Soldiers are no where being 'meaty and muscular' as compared to what Hollywood portrays them as.

Here are Pakistani soldiers with heavy equipment and just like any other soldier in heavy equipment - they look muscular.
33xet1z.jpg

103795387-pakistani-army-commando-and-a-us-soldier-gettyimages.jpg

Honestly, Pakistani Soldiers are pretty fit - however diet needs to change.

27142025uhsu.jpg
Is moustache/beard mandatory? Only the guy on farthest right is beardless

Back
Top Bottom