What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Sir I think we didn't invited them in first place in fact if we would have invited every one I am pretty sure MPT-76 and Berreta ARX-160 would have been among the Guns which are being tested. But the way we are testing Guns it seems we only selected few and decided to go ahead with it.
I don't think that's the case. Like @Quwa and @Horus suggested, it may just be that the competition is in it's final stages, and a lot of the rifles on offer were rejected for one reason or another. The PA probably invited as many groups as possible, and the fact that we don't see HK on the list, despite Pakistan manufacturing quite a lot of HK products, supports this view.

I don't think that's the case. Like @Quwa and @Horus suggested, it may just be that the competition is in it's final stages, and a lot of the rifles on offer were rejected for one reason or another. The PA probably invited as many groups as possible, and the fact that we don't see HK on the list, despite Pakistan manufacturing quite a lot of HK products, supports this view.
Can be that these are last stages lets see and wait for few months may be they would reveal the winner during IDEX 2016

Sir I think we didn't invited them in first place in fact if we would have invited every one I am pretty sure MPT-76 and Berreta ARX-160 would have been among the Guns which are being tested. But the way we are testing Guns it seems we only selected few and decided to go ahead with it.

Sir, indeed selective few are to be tested but these few are selected after short listing at first place, of the weapon which may fulfill the requirement. Then after the process of physical examination continues with respect to different weather and atmosphere.

Further more, i just went thorough the discussion regarding recoil and kick, so first thing is stance and arm power then indeed the caliber affects most. So IMHO, the area of stance and arm power is not the major concern as our Jawans are trained well though the kick by caliber is to be considered but has become less headache, thanks to modernization of weapons especially in recoil process so in over all wouldn't be an issue in case of modernized weapon whether it is 7.62 or 5.56.

Sir, indeed selective few are to be tested but these few are selected after short listing at first place, of the weapon which may fulfill the requirement. Then after the process of physical examination continues with respect to different weather and atmosphere.

Further more, i just went thorough the discussion regarding recoil and kick, so first thing is stance and arm power then indeed the caliber affects most. So IMHO, the area of stance and arm power is not the major concern as our Jawans are trained well though the kick by caliber is to be considered but has become less headache, thanks to modernization of weapons especially in recoil process so in over all wouldn't be an issue in case of modernized weapon whether it is 7.62 or 5.56.
Most videos of FN SCAR on you tube suggest it hardly has any Recoil and if the Guns mentioned by @balixd are the only Guns which we tested than their is no reason that FN SCAR won't win

Most videos of FN SCAR on you tube suggest it hardly has any Recoil and if the Guns mentioned by @balixd are the only Guns which we tested than their is no reason that FN SCAR won't win

Exactly and seeing such evaluation, indeed shows the sign of no objection only till moment but the most reliable and reputed contender will win though SCAR has shown capabilities and is trustworthy. Recoil factor is a less subject now a days and as i said thanks to the modernization.

@balixd Sir has indeed valued information and I must add that evaluation process starts with a list on paper with aspecs then short list the interested weapons as per need and then after goes for practical, physical examination and performance.

Yar......haad hai, you guys na.....
As said above, from the above given list, we have picked four best weapons from each calibre.....with my over excitment i may have given a tiny little bit wrong information.....:o::crazy::oops:
This is now correct list....as confirmed
1- SCAR H 7.62 X51N
2- CZ 805 Bren A2 5.56 x 45mm
3- AK 7.62nx 39
4- QBZ 03 5.56 x45

And now there is a fight among the calibres and not the weapon system.....
This changes all lot of things we consider performance of the weapon over different terrain under environmental conditions, torture and stress test.....dry firing the weapons, cold bore fires, hot bore firing in desert...its accuracy when barrel is hot, ease of field stripping and cleaning ..... This is not just about recoil or the firer

Exactly and seeing such evaluation, indeed shows the sign of no objection only till moment but the most reliable and reputed contender will win though SCAR has shown capabilities and is trustworthy. Recoil factor is a less subject now a days and as i said thanks to the modernization.

@balixd Sir has indeed valued information and I must add that evaluation process starts with a list on paper with aspecs then short list the interested weapons as per need and then after goes for practical, physical examination and performance.
With AK in line, it will give hard time to scar and all solders are familiar with handling AK weapon system.....

Yar......haad hai, you guys na.....
As said above, from the above given list, we have picked four best weapons from each calibre.....with my over excitment i may have given a tiny little bit wrong information.....:o::crazy::oops:
This is now correct list....as confirmed
1- SCAR H 7.62 X51N
2- CZ 805 Bren A2 5.56 x 45mm
3- AK 7.62nx 39
4- QBZ 03 5.56 x45

And now there is a fight among the calibres and not the weapon system.....
This changes all lot of things we consider performance of the weapon over different terrain under environmental conditions, torture and stress test.....dry firing the weapons, cold bore fires, hot bore firing in desert...its accuracy when barrel is hot, ease of field stripping and cleaning ..... This is not just about recoil or the firer

With AK in line, it will give hard time to scar and all solders are familiar with handling AK weapon system.....
What AK you are mentioning ? And you want to tell us that these 4 Guns are selected from various I mean various Guns were tested in 4 different categories and 4 of these were finally selected ? @balixd

AK in question is AK 10e 7.62 x39 not 556, so ssg is not in question here
Sir the list told by @balixd includes AK-102 which is being tested as for SSG I don't know How much would it cost but Remington ACR should be tested because Type 56 is outdated.
remington_acr_by_thebadpanda2-d4lvwh9.jpg

What AK you are mentioning ? And you want to tell us that these 4 Guns are selected from various I mean various Guns were tested in 4 different categories and 4 of these were finally selected ? @balixd
AK 103 with polymer mag ....

AK in question is AK 10e 7.62 x39 not 556, so ssg is not in question here

AK 103 with polymer mag ....
Sir you didn't answered my second question. What you just said do you mean let their were lists of Guns in those lists their were several Guns out of those Guns these 4 were selected one from each list ?

Sir you didn't answered my second question. What you just said do you mean let their were lists of Guns in those lists their were several Guns out of those Guns these 4 were selected one from each list ?
Yes.....as been told
I still didnt get the answer what qbz is doing on the table.......lol

Yes.....as been told
I still didnt get the answer what qbz is doing on the table.......lol
So you think QBZ should not be the among which are being tested ? Why you think that

So you think QBZ should not be the among which are being tested ? Why you think that
Its totally personal perception, infact this was the first time i saw this weapon in my life....i am well aware of ither chinese weapons, i have handled few in our market but never qbz ......so idk what kind of weapon is this

Its totally personal perception, infact this was the first time i saw this weapon in my life....i am well aware of ither chinese weapons, i have handled few in our market but never qbz ......so idk what kind of weapon is this
I also don't like QBZ 03. Thanks for the information please try to ask your friends in forces when we would hear about the winner. Could we expect some announcement during IDEAS 2016 ?

@balixd @Horus @Quwa @Irfan Baloch

Just need a clarification, is Pakistan only looking to replace it's G-3 battle rifles? Or are the AKs also on the chopping block? I'm sort of getting mixed messages. Also, if the AKs ARE on the chopping block, is the SCAR-L also being considered?

It looks nice, and may be a modern AK, but it is still just an AK. Pakistan is looking for something better, not necessarily cheaper.
Our customised AK clones are just fine
This is the feedback from army men in the field.

Back
Top Bottom