What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Huzoor, the M-4 is a good weapon but trades in certain performances from the M-16. It is still a good option but it is dated.
In that situation we can work on G3 to make it lighter and jam proof...we are producing them since ages and i believe our technicians and engineers have enough knowledge of it they can modify it... If h&k allow us to do that...

In that situation we can work on G3 to make it lighter and jam proof...we are producing them since ages and i believe our technicians and engineers have enough knowledge of it they can modify it... If h&k allow us to do that...
We have done enough modifications latest one G3M version but now we are going to replace the Gun and hope we select FN SCAR as replacement.

They have to an extent but the design is also an inherent limitation. As for producing locally, I am not aware of any specific program in Pakistan or any specific degree holder in POF who has done a course specifically focused on firearm engineering.

Calm your horses down..... I can understand the excitement, heck even i couldnt control myself when i was handed over the phone with pictures, i was zooming in andout trying to figure out details, asking questions......but then it all came to rest.........so relax and say WOOSAAAAA!!
Any idea about MG3 replacement.......?
That "thing" is too heavy........ also any plans for Marksman sniper guns??

I think FN SCAR H is also a Marksman Gun

FN SCAR - SSR Mk.20 Mod.0 / Sniper Support Rifle (USA)

FN SCAR - SSR Mk.20 Mod.0 / Sniper Support Rifle

Caliber

7,62x51 NATO (.308 Win)

Action

Semi-automatic, gas operated

Overall length

1028 mm

Barrel length

508 mm

Weight

5,05 kg

Magazine capacity

20 rounds

The FN SCAR Mk.20 Mod.0 SSR / Sniper Support Rifle is the latest offspring of the Special Forces Combat Assault Rifles (SCAR) family, developed for US Special Operations command (US SOCOM) by US-based subsidiary of the famous Belgian small arms-making company FN Herstal. The FN SCAR-SSR Mk.20 Mod.0 Sniper Support Rifle is based on the 7,62mm Mk.17 Mod.0 SCAR-H rifle, and is designed to provide accurate and rapid semi-automatic fire at ranges beyond capabilities of the standard 5,56mm assault rifles currently in service. It can be used as a Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR), as a tactical equivalent of the famous Russian Dragunov SVD rifle, or as a weapon for a 2ndmember (spotter) of a conventional sniper team, where the 1st member is armed with long-range and precise, but relatively slow-firing weapon such as XM2010 ESR (hence the moniker “Sniper Support Rifle”).

Manufacturer claims that FN SCAR-SSR Mk.20 Mod.0 Sniper Support Rifle will deliver sub-MOA accuracy at ranges of up to 1000 yards (910 meters), assuming that proper sniper-grade ammunition is used.

The FN SCAR-SSR Mk.20 Mod.0 Sniper Support Rifle is already cleared for fielding by US SOCOM. It is interesting to note that Mk.20 SCAR-SSR rifle appears to be direct competitor to the Mk.11 Mod.1 / M110 Semi-automatic Sniper rifles, currently fielded by US military.

The FN SCAR-SSR Mk.20 Mod.0 Sniper Support Rifle is gas-operated, semi-automatic weapon. It uses short-stroke gas piston, located above the barrel, and rotating bolt locking with dual front lugs. It is based on the Mk.17 Mod.0 SCAR-H rifle (stated parts commonality with parent Mk.17 SCAR-H rifle is about 60%), but uses extended aluminum alloy upper receiver, special barrel extension and enhanced trigger. It also uses same 20-round detachable box magazines. The precision-made barrel has special profile and is fitted with flash hider, which also serves as a quick-detachable suppressor (silencer) mounting point. The shoulder stock is of fixed (non-folding) design and has adjustable buttplate and cheek rest. Like all other rifles in the FN SCAR family, SCAR-SSR rifle is provided with integral Picatinny rail on top of the receiver, with additional rail attached to the extended forend. It can be fitted with detachable back-up iron sights and any type of optical or IR/Night sight, which is suitable for planned mission

@Tipu7

@The Guy @Sulman Badshah @Horus @Quwa

@Tipu7 As for Machine Gun replacement than this is the answer

Heckler – Koch HK 121 MG5 universal / general purpose machine gun (Germany)

Caliber

7,62x51 NATO

Length

1165 mm

Barrel length

550 mm

Weight

10,8 kg

Rate of fire

n/a

Feed

belt

Heckler – Koch HK 121 universal / general purpose machine gun is a product of famous German arms-making company Heckler und Koch, designed as a possible replacement for ageing MG 3 general purpose machine guns, now in use by German military. This weapon was first announced in 2009, and in 2013 it was formally adopted by German army as MG5. MG5 is built on the basis of the previous HK machine gun, the 5.56mm MG 4, but with few parts being actually interchangeable due to different calibers and sizes.

Heckler – Koch HK 121 / MG5 machine gun is a gas operated weapon, firing from open bolt in automatic mode only. It has quick-detachable, air cooled barrel, with conventional rotary bolt locking. HK 121 gun is belt fed, using standard NATO disintegrating belts with M13 links, fed from clip-on 50-round containers or separate belt boxes. Gun is equipped with pistol grip and rifle-type trigger. Side-folding shoulder stock is made from polymer, and a small folding forend / forward grip is provided under the gas tube. Conventional folding bipod is attached below the gas block, and the gun can be installed on all mounts and tripods originally developed for MG 3 machine guns. In accordance with modern trends, it carries integral Picatinny rail at the top of the receiver, which can accept variety of day and night sights in addition to standard iron sights, which are provided with the gun.

@balixd @Bratva @waz @kaonalpha @Icarus @HRK

Whats the obsession with scar???
All you guys remind me how many units around the globe are in the hands of Military troops around ???

Whats the obsession with scar???
All you guys remind me how many units around the globe are in the hands of Military troops around ???
Just mentioning that Scar offer Marksman sniper option too ........................

FN SCAR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sir SCAR is hardly 5 years old and within 5 years it has around 15 operators or those who are in process of inducting it. This clearly tells How good this Gun is
Scar will prove another G3 nothing new to offer and above all a big risk still not prove its metal....We need simple designed assault rifle like AK-47 probably newer version suits our requirements better then any other rifle.
AK-12 is best
AK-12_Engineering_technologies_international_forum_-_2012_01.jpg

Scar will prove another G3 nothing new to offer and above all a big risk still not prove its metal....We need simple designed assault rifle like AK-47 probably newer version suits our requirements better then any other rifle.
AK-12 is best
FN SCAR is the best and it's best in all ways from accuracy to firepower and other features it is better than all the other Guns.

AK-12 is best
FN SCAR is the best and it's best in all ways from accuracy to firepower and other features it is better than all the other Guns.

You ever tested this by himself or just u r facebook friend recommend this...by the way i once ogled u r facebook lot of Asian girls added in u r friend list...anyways just curiosity did they are u r secret pals about defense related breaking news that you quite often posted.

why don't pakistan build their own with R&D on G3 or AK-47 based it is not some rocket science man 1 year enough for that i think personally

You ever tested this by himself or just u r facebook friend recommend this...by the way i once ogled u r facebook lot of Asian girls added in u r friend list...anyways just curiosity did they are u r secret pals about defense related breaking news that you quite often posted.
I okay every one who adds me even on Facebook I most talk to those Guys who are active members here. as for FN SCAR I have done the research that is why I am saying it

why don't pakistan build their own with R&D on G3 or AK-47 based it is not some rocket science man 1 year enough for that i think personally
No they don't. SSG don't use FN SCAR

I have done the research that is why I am saying it
And that research based on net only, Did u ever try G3 ? can you explain Gas operating rotating bolt mechanism. What is the main cause of rifle jams....And the most importantly what type of metal suitable for Pakistani conditions that we can choose while rifle building.

Back
Top Bottom