What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I know that but Pakistan should check it because it's Russia which mainly design 7.62 x 39 caliber Rifles and other than Russia not many countries are designing Rifles which have this caliber but 300 Blackout is spreading like wildfire and even SCAR version of 300 Blackout will come. SIG and HK also launching Rifles of 300 Blackout so is companies in UK and also I think Berreta also launching so if we are not satisfied with Rifles of 7.62 X 39 category than 300 Blackout should be tested. If not satisfied than stick to 5.56 X 45 and 7.62 x 51 and drop 7.62 x 39.
Design remains the same that is the benfit of having a modular rifle, you just have to swap out the upper and you get the change of calibre.....however thing with blackout is that one has to swap out the barrel only...., mags require a bit of modification on the lip and it should be fine.....you dont need a new rifle from sky.....

My apologies have been exhausted for past several days of construction work going on the farm and mistype - Correction 7.62x51 - R1 rifle. Prior to that was 0.303 which was discontinued in the 50's. Still it is a widely used round on the farms and hunting. I still have No 4 Mk2 in the safe.

cool, stay safe.

cool, stay safe.
Thanks for the correction. Man, putting up additional new homes to get extra income as an Inn. There is a need so trying to capitalise on it. Contractors try to cut corners so in the thick of things right now.

I personally love the number 5 jungle carbine in the .303, It's even so light and easy to use for close quarter combat though people say it has a shifting zero , mine works good
We never find No5 this side as it was never built. Enfield 303 is still a ceremonial rifle here. The marksman course is done still using sportised Mk 4 No 2. A late friend still had his great grand pa's No 2 captured from British.

Good round and similar except gravity down drop is much quicker than 7.62. Interesting most of the rounds here are from PMP (pretoria); i saw a friend had an import - it said Wah. I think from Pak?
Anyway, digressed from the thread. No worries.

I am curious so would like some input from learned members.

Why hasn't Pakistan considered the Type-81? It would be 7.62x39 and have better accuracy.

Modernizing the basic design with some tweaks, and instead of licence producing it, get out a model (with tacit Chinese support).

Basically Pakistan is looking for a lighter and more accurate AK-47. This can easily be based on the Type-81.

It would take a decent gunsmith to make Pakistan a proper assault rifle based on tested designs already in the market.
But the benefit is that Pakistan can then own the IP. Which means they can export it. and earn foreign exchange.
It would also cost less than licensing a foreign product.

If there are no proper gun smiths in Pakistan who can do this, just put an advert in the US, and you will get 100s of applications from expert gunsmiths, many who make a living from building niche products for the US civilian market.

This is just an opinion. I would love to hear opinions, thoughts, comments.

I am curious so would like some input from learned members.

Why hasn't Pakistan considered the Type-81? It would be 7.62x39 and have better accuracy.

Modernizing the basic design with some tweaks, and instead of licence producing it, get out a model (with tacit Chinese support).

Basically Pakistan is looking for a lighter and more accurate AK-47. This can easily be based on the Type-81.

It would take a decent gunsmith to make Pakistan a proper assault rifle based on tested designs already in the market.
But the benefit is that Pakistan can then own the IP. Which means they can export it. and earn foreign exchange.
It would also cost less than licensing a foreign product.

If there are no proper gun smiths in Pakistan who can do this, just put an advert in the US, and you will get 100s of applications from expert gunsmiths, many who make a living from building niche products for the US civilian market.

This is just an opinion. I would love to hear opinions, thoughts, comments.
Type 81 was used by SSG back in the 80s/90s/00s and it was evaluated for regular Pak army many years ago, it was rejected, as to why? I have no idea.Kudos

okay so maybe not the Type 81 then. But take any gun they like, and hire an independent gun smith. Make it a bit different and customized to your needs. Own the IP. Make money from exports. Just makes more sense than licence producing things IMHO.

Type 81 was used by SSG back in the 80s/90s/00s and it was evaluated for regular Pak army many years ago, it was rejected, as to why? I have no idea.Kudos

okay so maybe not the Type 81 then. But take any gun they like, and hire an independent gun smith. Make it a bit different and customized to your needs. Own the IP. Make money from exports. Just makes more sense than licence producing things IMHO.
Agreed. this is not rocket science technology; if there had been foresight a replacement would have been had by now.

FN SCAR-H with attached silencer, scope and bipod stand, spotted during Gun trials of Pakistan Army. https://t.co/MCjN54mld9
IMG_20180418_160144.jpg

Army seriously needs to start Gym thing yes we don't need John Cena but we also need much better health than this

Clearly shows you know nothing about health and fitness! Not your fault Hazrat Derwaish'e Muffakar They teach PE at school as a subject in the UK which they clearly don't in Pakistan.

Clearly shows you know nothing about health and fitness! Not your fault Hazrat Derwaish'e Muffakar They teach PE at school as a subject in the UK which they clearly don't in Pakistan.
I know but this soldier is clearly underweight like me and sorry being underweight is not good or fit

I know but this soldier is clearly underweight like me and sorry being underweight is not good or fit

Hazrat I am sure this soldier can run and march long distances. Which is what the military requires.

img_20180418_160144-jpg.467436

The bulky you are the less maneuverability you have and forget running and marching long distances.

Hazrat I am sure this soldier can run and march long distances. Which is what the military requires.

The bulky you are the less maneuverability you have and forget running and marching long distances.
Plus you need more nutrients for optimum performance besides you do not want to be too big you present a bigger target for a sniper.Kudos yaar

Back
Top Bottom