What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
7.62 is not obsolete my good friend. It still hits like an artillery shell. You must also consider that replacing a rifle isn't enough should you introduce a new round. You'd have to also replace almost a million machine guns and sniper rifles of various types.
I second that motion.....

bloody hell, that design has reached its limits and it cannot be used any further by a professional military. With more wars looming you need better weapons not outdated ones. WW2 was a wakeup call when some nations had no option but to make new weapons at the height of war.

Hence during calm periods the switch must be made quickly.

Lol ... this made my week. First, Zaid Hamid articulating a rational point. Second, doing it in a way that'd trigger Zarvan. Third, seeing Zaid Hamid trigger Zarvan with the *one* thing Zarvan wouldn't want to hear from anyone.

never used either of the rounds since both are not available in Pakistan, but if i was to pick a round it would be 300 AAC blackout.....what i have read and seen the ballistics, the round packs a punch of 7.62 x39 with a lean trajectory of a 223.....and considering M4 is already taking 300 blk round then am sure we would be able to upgrade our rifles to same standard be it 300 blk or 6.5 creemor .......

Hi,

The 300 blackout or the 6.5 creedmore are dramas created by a rich defence industry to get richer---.

Nothing beats the 7.62x51

This dumbo just proved he seriously lacks knowledge about Assault Rifles I am just astonished

Lol ... this made my week. First, Zaid Hamid articulating a rational point. Second, doing it in a way that'd trigger Zarvan. Third, seeing Zaid Hamid trigger Zarvan with the *one* thing Zarvan wouldn't want to hear from anyone.
What rational point he made ??? He just proved he has no knowledge I mean seriously he is suggesting that all the Rifles in trial don't use 7.62 X 51 caliber I expected much better from him.

And here is me thinking you are his number 1 fan, damn I must be losing it:hitwall:.Kudos Hazrat
Since he started spreading sectarian crap I have backed off he is another fundo who spreads sectarian crap

Since he started spreading sectarian crap I have backed off he is another fundo who spreads sectarian crap
Was not aware of that though the man is a conspiracy nutjob of the highest order.Kudos Hazrat

Modifying the G3 is only a stop gap until the new weapon is shosen and inducted. It take several years to hapen and until then you have to give some update to existing weapons.
As an exemple you can see Portuguese Army G3 in use in RCA (Central African Republic), they are a stopgape until the new regular weapon is in service

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 81
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 80
Hi,

The 300 blackout or the 6.5 creedmore are dramas created by a rich defence industry to get richer---.

Nothing beats the 7.62x51
But 7.62x51 rounds have 2 major problems in modern warfare (same as 7.62x39)
1-These rounds are heavy and big. More effort is required to carry them compared to same number of rounds of modern ammunition like 5.45x39 or 5.56x45
2-These rounds are killer shots. They pack huge impact and kill the target most of the time. while modern warfare is all about inflicting more strain on enemy then casualties. A Dead soldier is a motivation booster for his fellow men and one man less. a fatally Wounded soldier is a Burden to carry, Costly to Heal, Demoralizing etc toll on enemy economy and armies you get the point. Heavy rounds might be good choice to counter insurgencies and terrorism but not for field armies for War

Thats why NATO countries subsequently moved to lighter 5.56x45 and Russians moved to 5.45x39 rounds and Chinese are using 5.8x42. WE should also adopt modern lighter ammunition and leave the heavier ones for specialized operations and requirement in limited use i.e Anti-Terrorist Operations

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom