What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
The bulky you are the less maneuverability you have and forget running and marching long distances.
This is nice justification for covering up the weakness of our armed forces.
Big muscle does not mean you are sluggish or lack stamina. Its actually other way around. You may attain more weight but you will be able to carry more weight too, and with proper training will gain more stamina than skinny counter parts. Being muscular is different thing, being fat is different. Our troops in comparison are less trained, less fed and less fit viz-a-viz most Western counter parts. Element of Moral is area where we dominates.

Plus you need more nutrients for optimum performance besides you do not want to be too big you present a bigger target for a sniper.Kudos yaar
O God. Don't tell me you are serious.

The latter part was just tongue in cheek though I certainly do not want our soldiers to look like Arnold but more the leanish wiry types.Kudos

The latter part was just tongue in cheek though I certainly do not want our soldiers to look like Arnold but more the leanish wiry types.Kudos

Compare to 18-19 year old soldier of US Army vs 20-22 year old PMA Graduate. Former looks like big healthy brother of later.

The people in our nation are generally weak , in pma gym is not forced yet I know many current cadets with decent bodies, It's personal tho id stress the commanders to keep their subordinates in shape

Compare to 18-19 year old soldier of US Army vs 20-22 year old PMA Graduate. Former looks like big healthy brother of later.
Folk in US are generally bigger consuming many more calories throughout their lives yet our jawans have been fed on natural foods (not preservative stuffed garbage likes westerners), do not engage in gluttony and manage to perform all field tasks in impressive times, hats off to them.Kudos sir

Big muscle does not mean you are sluggish or lack stamina. Its actually other way around. You may attain more weight but you will be able to carry more weight too, and with proper training will gain more stamina than skinny counter parts. Being muscular is different thing, being fat is different. Our troops in comparison are less trained, less fed and less fit viz-a-viz most Western counter parts. Element of Moral is area where we dominates.

I want to share something with you and it is a step away from this but I will try to tie it into this. Last year I joined a gym and it was a Crossfit gym. With me was a young girl she was from Romania. She was skinny and petite.

You won't believe me but she was able to lift more weight than I was! She not only put me to shame but other boys in my group to shame. Her abilities were off the chart! The instructor was surprised too. The instructor was an elite athlete he used to play professional rugby.

My point is just because the profile of this young soldier does not fit that of the western demeanor. Does not mean he cannot perform his duty to the highest standard. I have faith he will perform his duty at the highest standard.

img_20180418_160144-jpg.467436

Nice!! So this is how far this thread have come to in three years that after dissecting SCAR and BERN we are not talking about gym and fitness!
I wish someone from army procurement wing will see this and may be he will have some mercy on the members here and finalize what rifle we actually want to go with.

I want to share something with you and it is a step away from this but I will try to tie it into this. Last year I joined a gym and it was a Crossfit gym. With me was a young girl she was from Romania. She was skinny and petite.

You won't believe me but she was able to lift more weight than I was! She not only put me to shame but other boys in my group to shame. Her abilities were off the chart! The instructor was surprised too. The instructor was an elite athlete he used to play professional rugby.

My point is just because the profile of this young soldier does not fit that of the western demeanor. Does not mean he cannot perform his duty to the highest standard. I have faith he will perform his duty at the highest standard.

Hi,

This soldier will outlast the american marine in endurance at 8000 feet altitude any time of the day or night---and that is what the american troops found out---.

The bigger and bulkier that they were---they could not sustain themselves in the high mountains---.

This man is a lean mean fighting machine---.

western soldiers are heavy beer drinkers which is all carbs, goes straight to the thighs and the tummy...not to mention, kills brain cells. Trust me, I live in the pacific north west, a place that is littered with military bases, both army and marines and therefore see military personnel all the time. I see more fat than muscle...

dude, this soldier looks like a fresh BMT grad after 5 months of training. He's what? 18 or 19? Look him up after 2 years of military langar and field fitness, he'll be a different person altogether, buffer, bigger, leaner, tougher. Pure muscle and stamina minus the fat.

Lets be on topic rather than talking on other issues here

Zaarvan any news what gun PA choosed

He looks like a recently passed out cadet.. he’s hardly 20-21.

Here is an example of what PMA does;

PMA
06C00F38-5B06-428B-B097-9F39C757B567.jpeg

Now;

77CBD139-4DE0-47AA-AF17-C66AAFE05ABC.jpeg

99B0637B-0BA0-40D9-AB1F-FFC179851979.jpeg

No news every one is waiting

No offense intended and all due respect to this solider and many others who stand guard for.....throw this man in a CQB environment and see what he will be able to achieve.....he may be able to rapple on ropes, move around corners but how is he going to handle himself in hand to hand combat......how is he going to rescue his injured comrad, pull him to safety......
With military folks there is always a need to achieve a balance of fat reserves and muscle.....
Fat reserves will allow ypu to patrol for long marches or on recon......lean muscle will allow the endurance and stamina and the ability to carryon mkre weight

Nice!! So this is how far this thread have come to in three years that after dissecting SCAR and BERN we are not talking about gym and fitness!
I wish someone from army procurement wing will see this and may be he will have some mercy on the members here and finalize what rifle we actually want to go with.
Yes, they should visit so they can see fir themselves hiw we even discussed thevpossibility of our future caliber

Back
Top Bottom