What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
22792587_1485493814869452_2748833137157432002_o.jpg

22829695_1485494048202762_3897703579831674619_o.jpg

22792244_1485496248202542_8850812412946858759_o.jpg

22792589_1485494018202765_619933845422485749_o.jpg

@Horus Janab any new update ????

Hazrat these are ARX 100! not 200
Hazrat I know that but when I say Pakistan should produce more than one Rifle series I mean all calibers of that Gun. For example we should produce both 5.56 and 7.62 versions of SCAR and if 7.62 X 39 comes than also that one. And with SCAR either Beretta or some other Rifle series should come.

Bhai yeh Itali wala general aisy hi aaya hoga ghomanay phirnay....aaplog ziada andazy na qaim kerlain.
I am not reaching any conclusion and although Berreta is a Italian company but a private company so we all know that.

@Horus

Last edited:
Hazrat I know that but when I say Pakistan should produce more than one Rifle series I mean all calibers of that Gun. For example we should produce both 5.56 and 7.62 versions of SCAR and if 7.62 X 39 comes than also that one. And with SCAR either Beretta or some other Rifle series should come.

I am not reaching any conclusion and although Berreta is a Italian company but a private company so we all know that.

Hazrat if only wishes were horses! The cost of making more rifles than needed is huge financial burden. Not even the US does that.

I know, just clowning around.
I voted for Berreta btw.

Last edited:
Hazrat if only wishes were horses! The cost of making more rifles than needed is huge financial burden. Not even the US does that.
USA doesn't do it because it has hundreds of private companies and yes we need to encourage private sector but Janab we will get permission to export and just imagine the kind of market we can capture. Because many many African and South American and Muslim country can't afford to buy Rifles directly from Italy or Belgium or Switzerland but same rifles produced by us will cost way less

USA doesn't do it because it has hundreds of private companies and yes we need to encourage private sector but Janab we will get permission to export and just imagine the kind of market we can capture. Because many many African and South American and Muslim country can't afford to buy Rifles directly from Italy or Belgium or Switzerland but same rifles produced by us will cost way less

Hazrat Let me quiz you on something! Lets say you get your wish and FN is being produced in Pakistan, first there will have to be a complete transfer of skill which entails people being trained on the manufacturing followed by the Machining and Tooling that will be used to set up shop.

The cost of that will be high very! Do you know how much each machine costs? any rough Ideas? These are not the ancient machines you see when you are out and about in your Bazar but highly advanced. But one machine wont do the job many machines are needed to make just one rifle.

Then you have to take into consideration materials needs the special type of alloy's along with polymers and I can tell you now Hazrat Pakistan steel mill is in trouble! High Quality polymers you tell me where they are being produced? Each rifle uses different tensile strength of alloys for all components in it.

Factor all of this in then tell me you want to make more than one rifle. can you be that sure that the end product will be so cheap that others will place orders? Because once the production begins priority number 1 will be to fulfill Pakistan's orders not foreign orders!

Last edited:
Hazrat Let me quiz you on something! Lets say you get your wish and FN is being produced in Pakistan, first there will have to be a complete transfer of skill which entails people being trained on the manufacturing followed by the Machining and Tooling that will be used to set up shop.

The cost of that will be high very! Do you know how much each machine costs? any rough Ideas? These are not the ancient machines you see when you are out and about in your Bazar but highly advanced. But one machine wont do the job many machines are needed to make just one rifle.

Then you have to take into consideration materials needs the special type of alloy's along with polymers and I can tell you now Hazrat Pakistan steel mill is in trouble! High Quality polymers you tell me where they are being produced? Each rifle uses different tensile strength of alloys for all components in it.

Factor all of this in then tell me you want to make more than one rifle. can you be that sure that the end product will be so cheap that others will place orders? Because once the production begins priority number 1 will be to fulfill Pakistan's orders not foreign orders!
Producing new Rifle it not totally different thing that our guys would need lot of training on few days of training will be enough and yes we know what machine costs only after doing that we went for rifle trials. And yes end product will be way cheaper than European Price

Producing new Rifle it not totally different thing that our guys would need lot of training on few days of training will be enough and yes we know what machine costs only after doing that we went for rifle trials. And yes end product will be way cheaper than European Price

That makes no sense Hazrat I was expecting a detailed answer with good technical detail that would educate me among other member of the forum on the benefits of producing more than one OEM rifle.

That makes no sense Hazrat I was expecting a detailed answer with good technical detail that would educate me among other member of the forum on the benefits of producing more than one OEM rifle.
The Labor cost and also material cost will much less also other factors are involved. Even we were getting more orders of G3 for same reason not just that we were only one left producing it but also because our costs were way less than other countries

The Labor cost and also material cost will much less also other factors are involved. Even we were getting more orders of G3 for same reason not just that we were only one left producing it but also because our costs were way less than other countries

Again Hazrat you have just given a sweeping statement. The old G3 and the newer rifles, there is a century that splits them apart in their manufacturing process. Anyway you don't have a concise answer to it so let's leave it at that.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom