What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Just like meera is stuck age of 27 since 10-15 years the same way SCAR will remain best performing rifle till judgement day :P :lol: @Arsalan
bahi KOIIIIIIIIIIIIIi faida ni is magaz maari ka. Just ignore the thread 3 4 weeks baad dekh lea kro myri tarha if there is any update. I am not sure if there will be one anytime soon. Will be going to Wah on Thursday and if this topic is brought up will try to find out what is happening.

You guys HAVE the MONEY. You didn't wake up one day and say "Hey,let's have a tender". Everything was planned ! :D
Yessssssss
EXACTLY!!

Look at him @Path-Finder !! He is not from Pakistan but even he knows that "MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE".

You guys HAVE the MONEY. You didn't wake up one day and say "Hey,let's have a tender". Everything was planned ! :D
Exactly and every second day a new news of some new weapon comes up so we are not getting all of them for free.

i didn't hear any such thing....and as @Zarvan has said, there is no interest frm Forces side to LSR....idk why is that so.... because in Long range competitions this rifle has competed against top of the line shooters with AW and Remington ......
Balixd, i was discussing this with two irrelevant people. I say irrelevant as even though they are in POF they are responsible for other equipment (other than gun). During the discussion i was told that YES in general, army is looking to adopt an exported gun by producing it in Pakistan and also that meeting the local requirement and export and being given equal importance in this particular tender (usually the system is procured purely on domestic needs and then we may market it for exports as well). However despite this, there are some people in posts and positions of influence and importance who still have love for a fully home grown solution. Though out numbered and unlikely to change course of things, these peoples have managed to kept the idea alive for now at least in meetings and all. However, the chances of things going on to that route are slim.

Exactly and every second day a new news of some new weapon comes up so we are not getting all of them for free.

bahi KOIIIIIIIIIIIIIi faida ni is magaz maari ka. Just ignore the thread 3 4 weeks baad dekh lea kro myri tarha if there is any update. I am not sure if there will be one anytime soon. Will be going to Wah on Thursday and if this topic is brought up will try to find out what is happening.

Yessssssss
EXACTLY!!

Look at him @Path-Finder !! He is not from Pakistan but even he knows that "MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE".

Yes he is just kicking back and enjoying the sketch:angel:

Hazrat I concur what I said earlier. If few Gunsmiths in Peshawar using outdated machining and ancient tooling can make a Glock 19 as good as it is shown then I suppose they can start churning out FN SCAR as well. POF should rely on this huge pool of people to make FN SCAR :cheesy::-):D:sarcastic::yes4:

Hazrat I concur what I said earlier. If few Gunsmiths in Peshawar using outdated machining and ancient tooling can make a Glock 19 as good as it is shown then I suppose they can start churning out FN SCAR as well. POF should rely on this huge pool of people to make FN SCAR :cheesy::-):D:sarcastic::yes4:

One friend showed me a picture of SCAR with other AK and said this is made in Darra but other friend disagreed AI am still trying to confirm the picture whether that one is really Darra made or something else

One friend showed me a picture of SCAR with other AK and said this is made in Darra but other friend disagreed AI am still trying to confirm the picture whether that one is really Darra made or something else

Hazrat that is welcome break for you to do some field work and give your internet and computer a welcome break. Why not pay Darra a visit and find a FN SCAR made there. It will benefit both you and the Forum!

Hazrat that is welcome break for you to do some field work and give your internet and computer a welcome break. Why not pay Darra a visit and find a FN SCAR made there. It will benefit both you and the Forum!
22780427_10208726492754594_4789046839382797716_n.jpg

This is the picture but other friend says and I quote " SCAR-L . And it's not darra made, it's .22LR copy of SCAR-L from an Austrian company."

This is the picture but other friend says and I quote " SCAR-L . And it's not darra made, it's .22LR copy of SCAR-L from an Austrian company."

Interesting! Well Hazrat are you likely to do the field work and visit Darra? One picture is not enough!

You should go and kiss the hands of the Friend who said this is a .22lr version....
at first, I have handled this gun at the local shop, almost every store has it ...... second, look at the ejection port, from what angle that looks like a port to churn out a 5.56 or .223rem spent cartridge .....

thing about local gun smiths is that they are really good at finish, accuracy & all, however with guns there is more to this.....the main point where we lack is the Metallurgy, the material used....how well it is heat treated etc....that is where we get the hit right in the groin.....

You should go and kiss the hands of the Friend who said this is a .22lr version....
at first, I have handled this gun at the local shop, almost every store has it ...... second, look at the ejection port, from what angle that looks like a port to churn out a 5.56 or .223rem spent cartridge .....

thing about local gun smiths is that they are really good at finish, accuracy & all, however with guns there is more to this.....the main point where we lack is the Metallurgy, the material used....how well it is heat treated etc....that is where we get the hit right in the groin.....
Sir if a small company can do that good copy than I am pretty sure POF can do much better but they only need to some sense being put into them

That is a serious pool of talent that is just wasted away, with proper teaching in advanced metallurgy techniques they can achieve wonders. With additional machining and tooling knowledge of course. Just like in the US they have private enterprises furthering small arms development.

That is a serious pool of talent that is just wasted away, with proper teaching in advanced metallurgy techniques they can achieve wonders. With additional machining and tooling knowledge of course. Just like in the US they have private enterprises furthering small arms development.
bhai....that is US......they have an arms industry because one can walk into Walmart and buy a rifle with his shotgun....here we dont enjoy that luxury.....we have to drag our butts outside DC office just to get a single arm license let alone a rifle......effed up country it is right now

bhai....that is US......they have an arms industry because one can walk into Walmart and buy a rifle with his shotgun....here we dont enjoy that luxury.....we have to drag our butts outside DC office just to get a single arm license let alone a rifle......effed up country it is right now
Rana Tanveer visiting Czech Republic with a Major General it could be for BREN although he didn't mentioned why he is visiting

Really this thread is going in circles now. :lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom