What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I am not saying M4 is a long range weapon, it is a CQB weapon but the caliber is much more powerful than MP5's 9mm. M4's are used by assault units, MP's are not used as assault weapon. However they are the favourite for hostage rescue ops due to low recoil, high accuracy and reliability.

I agree with you on the type 56, but the m4 is designed to be a cqb weapon. Its variants such as m4a1 are not.

Ukraine partnered with Aeroscraft to develop the M4-WAC-47. This is an AR-15-based assault rifle capable of firing 7.62x39 mm rounds. Seriously, what it would it take to get POF to find an experienced AR designer and simply make a custom AR for the PA? The SSG seems to be content with the AR-platform, so it should be OK, no? @balixd @PAR 5

http://ukroboronprom.com.ua/uk/medi...7-gotovi-vyprobuvan-zahysnykamy-ukrayiny.html
if you recall not so long ago there was indeed a news surfacing that POF is researching on developing a new rifle inhouse --- and what i personally believed out of that news was that these trails are just a ploy to test different weapon systems, study them.... see what works best for us..... pick an OEM who would partner with us in this development, who would let us built on their design ----ending up with an enhanced & improved version of the rifle ----
That is why i was more inclined to CZ or zastava getting the contract as both would be more accomodating with the idea -----
If you look at POF Inhouse built Sniper rifle then they used the kit & action from different rifles (AIX stock with Surgeon Action coupled with Steyr barrel)...........
so indeed it is possible

I am not saying M4 is a long range weapon, it is a CQB weapon but the caliber is much more powerful than MP5's 9mm. M4's are used by assault units, MP's are not used as assault weapon. However they are the favourite for hostage rescue ops due to low recoil, high accuracy and reliability.
that is no longer a viable solution sir --- you were right in your earlier post that MP5 / MP7 are a PDW ----but saying they are in use for HR Ops, i would say it is wrong in today's world ..... with 9mm firing out of a sub machine gun with even a Supersonic round you will not be able to penetrate an attacker wearing NIJ IIA or NIJ III armor vest ---- hence it has been replaced with a heavier round of 5.56 x 45

if you recall not so long ago there was indeed a news surfacing that POF is researching on developing a new rifle inhouse --- and what i personally believed out of that news was that these trails are just a ploy to test different weapon systems, study them.... see what works best for us..... pick an OEM who would partner with us in this development, who would let us built on their design ----ending up with an enhanced & improved version of the rifle ----
That is why i was more inclined to CZ or zastava getting the contract as both would be more accomodating with the idea -----
If you look at POF Inhouse built Sniper rifle then they used the kit & action from different rifles (AIX stock with Surgeon Action coupled with Steyr barrel)...........
so indeed it is possible

that is no longer a viable solution sir --- you were right in your earlier post that MP5 / MP7 are a PDW ----but saying they are in use for HR Ops, i would say it is wrong in today's world ..... with 9mm firing out of a sub machine gun with even a Supersonic round you will not be able to penetrate an attacker wearing NIJ IIA or NIJ III armor vest ---- hence it has been replaced with a heavier round of 5.56 x 45
If you notice smaller manufacturers, like Caracal in the UAE, are making custom AR-variants. They found some consultants with experience in AR design and built from there. This should be doable for POF, I guess it's an issue of how much each rifle would cost and if it is feasible to issue it at mass (including the necessary training to use and maintain said rifles): http://www.caracal.ae/product.php?lang=en&product_id=5

If you notice smaller manufacturers, like Caracal in the UAE, are making custom AR-variants. They found some consultants with experience in AR design and built from there. This should be doable for POF, I guess it's an issue of how much each rifle would cost and if it is feasible to issue it at mass (including the necessary training to use and maintain said rifles): http://www.caracal.ae/product.php?lang=en&product_id=5
we don't need to hire a consultant, POF already has a pool of experienced consultants / Vets at their disposal who can assist them --- one very known name is Col (r). Javed omer, the man behind the development of Pof Azb sniper (bolt action) --- not only that he is among the few who back in days coupled a 7mm parker hale action to a russian 54R barrel (mosin nagant) ----

we don't need to hire a consultant, POF already has a pool of experienced consultants / Vets at their disposal who can assist them --- one very known name is Col (r). Javed omer, the man behind the development of Pof Azb sniper (bolt action) --- not only that he is among the few who back in days coupled a 7mm parker hale action to a russian 54R barrel (mosin nagant) ----
Sir no in house Assault Rifle is being designed the senate briefing was referring new Rifles being tested. Even the new Sniper Rifle which was designed Army doesn't seem to be much interested in adopting it

I am trying to get info 24/7. Even the new Sniper hasn't got much interest from Army
that is indeed correct, at most it is serving the elite or the professional class of the country who are into Long range shooting

And who told you that ??? Tests are taking place and we can hear about the winner anytime. Could be this year or next year.

@Horus
two years have already passed and you keep saying little more time, little more time and tag Horus as well.

why not take a leaf from Horus book and keep quiet about it? clearly you don't know!

that is indeed correct, at most it is serving the elite or the professional class of the country who are into Long range shooting
POF official claimed they were working on a new variant of LSR?

Last edited:
POF official claimed they were working on a new variant of LSR?
Sir POF can be working on that no issue issue is I doubt any of our force has placed order of LSR.

A closer look at the Kalashnikov AK-100M Series

11AK-10XM-660x238.jpg

The Firearm Blog is proud to present a line of unique pictures of the new and improved Kalashnikov AK-100M series.

The AK-100M is the modernized version of the AK-100, with the obvious addition of the “M” in the name.

It’s interesting to see some of the modifications I personally did to my AK (albeit a Shotgun, to make it more ergonomic and better to shoot) many years ago now find their way to production rifles. And I don’t claim to have been the first to have used those parts or modifications, far from.

The AK-100M Series

Kalashnikov have taken some of the improvements that came about in connection with the development of the AK-12. The AK-12 is similar to an improved AK-74M, although it is a new production with better quality.

Some of the “M” improvements are:

• Rails and Picatinny.
• Rigid, dust cover with optical orientation rail etc. Note, however, that you still have a short line of sight for the irons.
• Ergonomic grip• New adjustable stock. I’m told you can get height adjustment too.

• New flash hider
• Price about 1000 US Dollar

• Most spare parts for the old AK-100 can still be used with M models (which is not the case with the AK-12 in relation to the AK-74M.)

Caliber wise, here’s a list of how each model is chambered.

In short the AK-101M and -102M are 5,56×45 mm.

AK-101 here.

1AK-10XM_resize-5.jpg

Below: AK101M in 5,56×45 mm. Magazine latch clearly visible.

1AK-10XM_resize-11.jpg

Below: AK101M in 5,56×45 mm. The magazine is fairly straight. Note the side “rail” on the front grip, I’m not sure what it’s for? It looks like a sling attachment.

1AK-10XM_resize-12.jpg

Below: AK103M in 7,62×39 mm and grenade launcher. Banana magazine. You can check the AK-103 here.

1AK-10XM_resize-2.jpg

Below: AK103M in 7,62×39 mm and grenade launcher. Note the possible sling attachment.

1AK-10XM_resize-3.jpg

Below: AK103M in 7,62×39 mm and grenade launcher

1AK-10XM_resize-4.jpg

Below: The AK105M in 5,56×39 mm. Note the magazine which has windows and numbered 10, 15, 20 until 30.

AK-10XM-7.jpg

Below: The AK105M in 5,56×39 mm.

1AK-10XM_resize-1.jpg

Below: AK105M in 5,45×39 mm

1AK-10XM_resize-7.jpg

Below: AK105M in 5,45×39 mm. Note the EOTech. Still, the line of sight with the irons remain unchanged.

1AK-10XM_resize-8.jpg

Below: AK105M in 5,45×39 mm. Note the numbers that indicate the stock’s extension.

1AK-10XM_resize-9.jpg

Below: AK105M in 5,45×39 mm

1AK-10XM_resize-10.jpg

To compare versus the 105M, you can check the AK105 here.

Many thanks to our secret photographer for all help, used with permission.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...lashnikov-ak-100m-series-tfb-unique-pictures/

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom