What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Test and adjust. That's what an infantryman does to build up his position before taking a shot.

Have any of the manufacturers that took part in the trial indicated they would look to improve their product based on the findings of the trials to tailor the weapon to suit Pakistani needs?
CZ has apparently been very open to criticism, and have the most flexible offer. A lot of people are saying, they'll likely to win the type 56 replacement trial, exactly due to their complete cooperation and promise of a ToT.

Actually, SIG have a piece there in our trials SIR!
So i am not sure where you got that ToT thing. One of there gun is actually being evaluated by us.

An improved version of one of the contenders have already been presented and is part of evaluation now, I can confirm this about at least one rifle. A new caliber variant have been presented by one as well and one more is likely to do the same.

Also i have heard (but this part is not confirm as it was at a junior level) that China have thrown in a late option to be considered as well, they played it smart, took all the time, kept following the development and at last moments have pitched something from there side. However please take this with a pinch of salt as the guy confirming this is not even directly involved with guns and works in a different section of POF (involved in those APFSDs and stuff). Also i personally hope that this in not the case as all other front runners CZ BERN and SCAR along with Beretta have excellent export potential, the Chinese option may not be great in that field.

The decision had not much to do with the performance or lack of it. Type 56 was preferred in CQB that is what we were mostly involved in.

Well a member here said that SIG doesn't agree to sell weapons to us but I hope they do it by the way most reviews which I heard on internet about SIG 716 are not good.

Well a member here said that SIG doesn't agree to sell weapons to us but I hope they do it by the way most reviews which I heard on internet about SIG 716 are not good.
Well if internet reviews are to be believed SCAR would be no where in the picture with multiple user forces reporting problems and MANY rejection in trials all over the world. :) I am not saying how good of bad the SIG is but just stating a simple fact.
As for its participations in trials, do not believe all that is said on internet, specially on Facebook. I have nothing new for you on this point. It is the same suggestion as ALWAYS.

Well if internet reviews are to be believed SCAR would be no where in the picture with multiple user forces reporting problems and MANY rejection in trials all over the world. :) I am not saying how good of bad the SIG is but just stating a simple fact.
As for its participations in trials, do not believe all that is said on internet, specially on Facebook. I have nothing new for you on this point. It is the same suggestion as ALWAYS.
Well don't know which views you are studying I am talking about youtube Rifle Channels they all call SCAR one of the best

Well don't know which views you are studying I am talking about youtube Rifle Channels they all call SCAR one of the best
And i am talking about multiple tenders where SCAR was rejected in favor of another participant gun, latest being the GIGN one. There is a whole thread about that and you are very active member there. I am not sure why you still "don't know which views i am studying". This is just ONE of them. Search the internet and you will find MANY. If you need any help from me you can always tell me. :)

Hazrat are rifle reviews the Best and Transparent source of rifle testing? You claim that Army has tested it the best and here you are relying on online reviewers who are restricted by amount of ammo they can use, the application they will use it for i.e leisurely, competition or hunting. Then there is a factor gun reviewers are receiving huge benefits like promos from gun makers to receive positive reviews in return.

Do you factor that in Hazrat? or SCAR can do no wrong as it ascended from the heavens? Once again you cannot answer in defence for SCAR as to why it has failed tests globally even USSOCOM for whom it was made have shelved it. It was nothing to do with money that much I can confirm!

@Zarvan other members are reporting the CZ bid is open to improved versions.

As the resident SCAR lobbyist are FN Herstal offering anything similar to meet Pakistani requirements?

As the resident SCAR lobbyist are FN Herstal offering anything similar to meet Pakistani requirements?
There are alot of rumours and nothing solid thus far. We know 3 gun maker's are shortlisted with one receiving MoU/LoU CZ.

:astagh: there is no FN lobbying. It's blasphemous. :D

CZ was a disaster in our trials I was actually supporting that Pakistan should produce at least one Rifle series along with SCAR series in Pakistan but after disaster performance of BREN and Berreta now I am not supporting any of these two. As for what SCAR is offering well they are offering all the versions along with Machine Guns and HandGuns and also offering AimPoint Optics.

They are pretty much out of competition
Please stop.... respectfully

CZ was a disaster in our trials I was actually supporting that Pakistan should produce at least one Rifle series along with SCAR series in Pakistan but after disaster performance of BREN and Berreta now I am not supporting any of these two. As for what SCAR is offering well they are offering all the versions along with Machine Guns and HandGuns and also offering AimPoint Optics.

What a great sales pitch Hazrat!

XM8 from H&K is performing better than both Scar and M4 . What about x39 trials addition.
In the autumn of 2007 the XM8 was compared to other firearms in a 'dust test.'[2]The competition was based on two previous tests that were conducted in summer 2006 and summer 2007 before the latest test in the autumn of 2007. In the summer 2007 test, M16 rifles and M4 carbines recorded a total of 307 stoppages. In the Autumn 2007 test, the XM8 recorded only 127 stoppages in 60,000 total rounds while the M4 carbine had 882.[2]The FN SCAR had 226 stoppages and the HK416 had 233. The difference between the XM8, HK416, and FN SCAR was not statistically significant when correcting for the less reliable STANAG magazine.[3] However, the discrepancy of 575 stoppages between the summer and autumn 2007 tests of the M4 had officials looking into possible causes for the change such as different officials, seasons, and inadequate sample pool size but have stated that the conditions of the test were ostensibly the same.

Last edited:

Dude, just stop. They didn't sign an LoU/MoU, with a company that's "pretty much out of the competition".

Dude, just stop. They didn't sign an LoU/MoU, with a company that's "pretty much out of the competition".
MOU and LOU can mean nothing also and yes it failed the tests miserably go check the summer results @Horus posted

MOU and LOU can mean nothing also and yes it failed the tests miserably go check the summer results @Horus posted
Show us the summer result Hazrat and not quote Horus. Horus can't reveal his sources either so its still dubious until officially confirmed.

It is true. In fact CZ also came with x51 at a very late stage and that too was evaluated by Pakistan army. Whether it was part of the main trials or not is not sure but it was evaluated that is confirmed and also it is a fact that no decision have been made yet. Just two guns have been given an initial nod of approval with a third one mentioned as second choice.

Back
Top Bottom