What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Its a Sig.

Its hk's loss. They missed out on a tender for one million rifles and sights.
Sights I didn't knew that we plan to buy sights from same company from which we are going to buy the Rifle. By the way I think Pakistan should take decision fast now we have spent two years now on this

Each OEM was asked to bring sights. The tests were carried out with the sights on. Army wants a complete system, not just a rifle because there's no point having a modern Carbine without an associated sight. They allow the soldier to shoot with both eyes open. FN is offering Aimpoint comp M5, Beretta S&B, CZ with MEOPTA. The sights will also be locally produced.

Sights I didn't knew that we plan to buy sights from same company from which we are going to buy the Rifle. By the way I think Pakistan should take decision fast now we have spent two years now on this

Each OEM was asked to bring sights. The tests were carried out with the sights on. Army wants a complete system, not just a rifle because there's no point having a modern Carbine without an associated sight. They allow the soldier to shoot with both eyes open. FN is offering Aimpoint comp M5, Beretta S&B, CZ with MEOPTA. The sights will also be locally produced.
In short finally our Military Leadership using brain I like it

There aren't many, if any, rifle makers that make sights too. In all likelihood, the sights will be sourced from a separate manufacturer - e.g. Steiner Optics (Italy), Aimpoint (Sweden), Meopta (Czech Republic), EOTech (USA), etc. ToT for local manufacturing would be a good start, but the great avenue would be to engage our private sector - e.g. Shibli Electronics - as an offset partner. In fact, the purchasing load need not be absorbed by the Army, as long as sufficient demand for the long-term is assured, Shibli and the outside optics company can partner to set up a joint subsidiary in Pakistan, and the Army can buy from that subsidiary.

There aren't many, if any, rifle makers that make sights too. In all likelihood, the sights will be sourced from a separate manufacturer - e.g. Steiner Optics (Italy), Aimpoint (Sweden), Meopta (Czech Republic), EOTech (USA), etc. ToT for local manufacturing would be a good start, but the great avenue would be to engage our private sector - e.g. Shibli Electronics - as an offset partner. In fact, the purchasing load need not be absorbed by the Army, as long as sufficient demand for the long-term is assured, Shibli and the outside optics company can partner to set up a joint subsidiary in Pakistan, and the Army can buy from that subsidiary.
We already have a facility in Rawalpindi as far as I know we just need to expand it and get few optics and night vision with TOT and start there production in that

We already have a facility in Rawalpindi as far as I know we just need to expand it and get few optics and night vision with TOT and start there production in that
You know how you always complaint= about HIT? Linking the private sector through offsets are a way to solve that very problem.

If the Pakistan Army is saying, "we will buy $25 million in various optics equipment every year for the next 20 years" with an initial order of $50 million, that may incentivize Aimpoint or Meopta to partner with Shibli Electronics (or some other private entity) to set up a new company and factory in Pakistan.

That new company will service the Pakistan Army's needs without having the Army to foot the bill for ToT (which will be the investment from Aimpoint and Shibli). The company will also keep updating its product line (without passing the ToT cost to the Army) and so on. This company would work to fulfill Pakistani orders and engage in exports.

You know how you always complaint= about HIT? Linking the private sector through offsets are a way to solve that very problem.

If the Pakistan Army is saying, "we will buy $25 million in various optics equipment every year for the next 20 years" with an initial order of $50 million, that may incentivize Aimpoint or Meopta to partner with Shibli Electronics (or some other private entity) to set up a new company and factory in Pakistan.

That new company will service the Pakistan Army's needs without having the Army to foot the bill for ToT (which will be the investment from Aimpoint and Shibli). The company will also keep updating its product line (without passing the ToT cost to the Army) and so on. This company would work to fulfill Pakistani orders and engage in exports.
Yes we need a production facility in Pakistan but establishing entire facility to produce on one Optic is not viable. It should at least produce 4 to 5 different devices.

All assault rifles have this issue yet comparatively speaking the type 56 still performs adequately or else why would SSG operatives love the damn thing.Kudos
If SSG are so in love than for past one year they have totally switched to M4.

ToT = Winning :partay::partay::partay:

Yes we need a production facility in Pakistan but establishing entire facility to produce on one Optic is not viable. It should at least produce 4 to 5 different devices.

If SSG are so in love than for past one year they have totally switched to M4.
Read my earlier post again more carefully, you missed what I was actually stating.

Every SSG is using M4 now even LCB are carrying M4 in operational areas
:disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree::disagree:Hazrat you either need to visit an optometrist or visit a psychologist to cure your stubbornness,,,,,, your claims are absurd to say the least, of course they are using type 56.

Back
Top Bottom