What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
@Zarvan when you say SCAR is being offered with variants like DMR is a support weapon like an LMG included?

@Zarvan when you say SCAR is being offered with variants like DMR is a support weapon like an LMG included?
Yup SCAR Sniper versions are also being offered and we are already looking for MG3 replacement for which FN MINIMI is best rifle not to forget we are also looking for new standard handgun

@Horus can explain further

Yup SCAR Sniper versions are also being offered and we are already looking for MG3 replacement for which FN MINIMI is best rifle not to forget we are also looking for new standard handgun

@Horus can explain further

Only used 5.56 version of minimi myself but Pakistan may get lucky with this one:

http://www.thinkdefence.co.uk/2011/06/mod-orders-7-62mm-minimi/

Does anyone know if the other competitors/manufacturers have support weapons on offer in their deal?

MOU and LOU can mean nothing also and yes it failed the tests miserably go check the summer results @Horus posted
If that means nothing, do you know what means less than nothing? Not signing a LoU/MoU at all, which is true for FN.

No offense to @Horus , I trust him, but his sources have been wrong in the past.

Even if we get a Rifle series with TOT it's time we get into joint venture with companies like Caracal and develop one Rifle series on our own also.
As i have repeatedly said, there are people, people who matter, who still love that idea of a home GROWN gun. The guns being evaluated will come in blocks and lots and the continuation of induction depends upon how well the first lots perform. This will surely wont be announced and the news will be like "rifle replacement for whole army" bit if Godforbade something goes wrong with first blocks, it might all be rolled back. Now this lot wise induction will give enough opportunitu to learn your lessons and develop something for your own need.

Anyone have pics of pakistani soldier testing SIG 716 during trials. Because i cant find anything related to sig 716 in pakistan .

Anyone have pics of pakistani soldier testing SIG 716 during trials. Because i cant find anything related to sig 716 in pakistan .
The picture I posted it only showed it on table with other rifles but don't have picture of soldier carrying it

This years budget is likely to have a line or two where the new gun procurement is mentioned. The announcement regarding "which gun" may come later on from military side.

new standard handgun

POF started joint production of Sarsilmaz ST-9 and B-6 Handguns at their facility around 4 years ago and these are being sold at very attractive prices. Many are being presented to incoming YOs by their units or senior officers and there is talk of standardizing the practice of presenting side arms to passing out cadets which may just make Sarsilmaz the standard in PA. Aside from this, I am not aware of any approach towards adopting new service pistols. Though I am out of the loop on this and could be wrong.

ST-9
IMG_1304_zpsf54664af.jpg

B-6
IMG_1323_zps4bee2ab9.jpg

As far as the question of Beretta and FN Scar goes. The winner will solely be decided on whoever proposes the most attractive terms for TOT and JD, which at the moment seems to be Beretta but once again, I would reiterate that this is tentative and there has been no agreement on the matter as yet.

POF started joint production of Sarsilmaz ST-9 and B-6 Handguns at their facility around 4 years ago and these are being sold at very attractive prices. Many are being presented to incoming YOs by their units or senior officers and there is talk of standardizing the practice of presenting side arms to passing out cadets which may just make Sarsilmaz the standard in PA. Aside from this, I am not aware of any approach towards adopting new service pistols. Though I am out of the loop on this and could be wrong.

ST-9
IMG_1304_zpsf54664af.jpg

B-6
IMG_1323_zps4bee2ab9.jpg

As far as the question of Beretta and FN Scar goes. The winner will solely be decided on whoever proposes the most attractive terms for TOT and JD, which at the moment seems to be Beretta but once again, I would reiterate that this is tentative and there has been no agreement on the matter as yet.

Well @Horus is suggesting that SCAR is leading and as for handguns it's again @Horus who is pointing that Pakistan is looking for new handguns and yes main goal is to issue standard side arm.

Well @Horus is suggesting that SCAR is leading and as for handguns it's again @Horus who is pointing that Pakistan is looking for new handguns and yes main goal is to issue standard side arm.
Hazrat I along with other members together said this over a year ago. it will all come down to the package deal. who offers the most bang for buck!! That is now becoming clearer and even Horus has said this few pages back.

SCAR is the best rifle in trials:partay::partay: ain't gonna cut it unfortunately as the bigger picture is overall package. Whichever shortlisted manufacturer offers the best offer is the winner.

Now i know you will post that FN is offering so and so but it appears that others are offering a better deal.

ST-9
IMG_1304_zpsf54664af.jpg

B-6
IMG_1323_zps4bee2ab9.jpg

Hey, nice to have you back (of sorts :P )
How is life treating you these days? Busy busy?

Since you are here, i might take this opportunity to ask you something for myself. ST-9 and B-6, how would you rate then? I am looking to buy myself a handgun and will like to have one made by POF (buy Pakistani). If these are good enough i might just go for this.

Also, THANKS A LOT for confirming this once more:
The winner will solely be decided on whoever proposes the most attractive terms for TOT and JD
No matter what gun is selected, i have been literally crying about this one point for YEAR now. The trials were to select and shortlist the weapons that meet our requirement. It was not a race like competition. Guns are to be evaluated and all which meet the set standards are deemed fit. These selected options will be recommended to the procurement branch and after that it is purely business, preferences will be purely business wise.
The manufacturer offer the most lucrative deal will be selected. It may come in shape of ToT, JD, Export authority, parts supplier, accessories, other support equipment and other weapon system etc etc.
It is quite simple but despite being mentioned over and over again a few of our members are not listening to this. May be they will listen to you. :)

Stay safe and have a great day. Again, good to hear from you after so long.

Back
Top Bottom