What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Hey, nice to have you back (of sorts :P )
How is life treating you these days? Busy busy?

Yaar I'm still here on and off. Things are going well alhamdulilah. Busy as ever but just wanted some time to vent out and refresh myself so I started visiting the forum again. Still not quite as active as I used to be though.

Since you are here, i might take this opportunity to ask you something for myself. ST-9 and B-6, how would you rate then? I am looking to buy myself a handgun and will like to have one made by POF (buy Pakistani). If these are good enough i might just go for this.

Yaar the ST-9 is a beautiful weapon, but its challenging to manage in the field since it has an internal firing mechanism much like the Glock. So if you're not going to be carrying it through a lot of sand/grime/dirt in a life and death situation, it should serve you dutifully. I'm not saying its bad in field, I'm just saying I have a trust issue with it. I know people who have had it save their lives multiple times and they will swear by it.

The B-6 is a lot more simpler in design. Its heavily influenced by the CZ-75. Its simple, effective and gets the job done well. I also trust it more seeing as its hammer is exposed. That being said however, I tried shooting a friend's and it didn't feel right. It was deadly accurate but it just made my hand uncomfortable. It wasn't functioning as an extension of my body as a pistol should.

I would suggest you get the ST-9. Its lighter, more compact, globally acclaimed and modern.

Personally, I use the Taurus PT-92. Its a match made in heaven for me.

The manufacturer offer the most lucrative deal will be selected. It may come in shape of ToT, JD, Export authority, parts supplier, accessories, other support equipment and other weapon system etc etc.

Old military maxims say never trust your service weapon blindly, it was made by the lowest bidder.

Yaar I'm still here on and off. Things are going well alhamdulilah. Busy as ever but just wanted some time to vent out and refresh myself so I started visiting the forum again. Still not quite as active as I used to be though.
Great to know. Also i fully understand how spending some time on forum and other similar activities can be of great value for peace of mind and relaxing. It is an excellent place the admins got for us here. :)

Yaar the ST-9 is a beautiful weapon, but its challenging to manage in the field since it has an internal firing mechanism much like the Glock. So if you're not going to be carrying it through a lot of sand/grime/dirt in a life and death situation, it should serve you dutifully. I'm not saying its bad in field, I'm just saying I have a trust issue with it. I know people who have had it save their lives multiple times and they will swear by it.

The B-6 is a lot more simpler in design. Its heavily influenced by the CZ-75. Its simple, effective and gets the job done well. I also trust it more seeing as its hammer is exposed. That being said however, I tried shooting a friend's and it didn't feel right. It was deadly accurate but it just made my hand uncomfortable. It wasn't functioning as an extension of my body as a pistol should.

I would suggest you get the ST-9. Its lighter, more compact, globally acclaimed and modern.

Personally, I use the Taurus PT-92. Its a match made in heaven for me.
Perfect. You explained it all nicely, thanks for taking out the time.
Well my gun wont be facing the harsh conditions of field anyway so ST-9 as you suggested makes sense. Plus since you mentioned that "not feel good in my hand" i will look at it from this point of view as well and will get a feel of weapon before finally buying one. Will look into PT-92 as well. Taurus is great, have a pump action from them and it is great. Fired there hand gun too but don't really know what model it was :P Plus PT92 is essentially pretty much same as Beretta 92 which is pretty much same as the M9 (side arm of US Army) so it must be good! :)

Old military maxims say never trust your service weapon blindly, it was made by the lowest bidder.
:lol:
So true!!

Great to know. Also i fully understand how spending some time on forum and other similar activities can be of great value for peace of mind and relaxing. It is an excellent place the admins got for us here. :)

Perfect. You explained it all nicely, thanks for taking out the time.
Well my gun wont be facing the harsh conditions of field anyway so ST-9 as you suggested makes sense. Plus since you mentioned that "not feel good in my hand" i will look at it from this point of view as well and will get a feel of weapon before finally buying one. Will look into PT-92 as well. Taurus is great, have a pump action from them and it is great. Fired there hand gun too but don't really know what model it was :P Plus PT92 is essentially pretty much same as Beretta 92 which is pretty much same as the M9 (side arm of US Army) so it must be good! :)

:lol:
So true!!

No harm in giving the PT-92 a look too. Its a great sidearm but its a little heavy and clunky. These newer models are a lot more sleek. Performance wise, I'm still a bit of fan of nostalgia. PT-92 and Browning Hi-Power have served me well.

No harm in giving the PT-92 a look too. Its a great sidearm but its a little heavy and clunky. These newer models are a lot more sleek. Performance wise, I'm still a bit of fan of nostalgia. PT-92 and Browning Hi-Power have served me well.
Sir I think we are looking for striker fire hand guns one of them I think these are part of trials
APX_9x19.jpg

Berreta APX
Canik.jpg

Canik TP9

I will surely look at it. One thing that it lacks for me is under rail for laser/torch light. For an unprofessional like me, i will like to get all the aid i can to shoot more accurately. (besides, it looks fancy :P). There are some add-on rail thing that can be bough but not sure if it will be available here in Pak.

Anyway i will look at these options and will sure feel them for myself now and decide then. Will share with you once done. :)

Hazrat what about CZ pistols? Or you are CZ phobic?
Yes there CZ 10 PC would be here and also I think CANIK would here also

:lol::lol::lol: na bro FN is the best pistol manufacturer too
Among handguns I think GLOCK will beat FN but this FN 509 the new Gun many change things but SIG 320 is also dam good so it would be seriously tough game for every one to win

glock-17m.jpg

GLOCK
fn-509-lEAD-682x383.1492433550.jpg

FN-509
APX-660x380-660x380.jpg

Berreta
9505dd750bdd0f454167dd9ba58af4b7.jpg

CZ P-10 C
tp9-sf-elite-list-4.jpg

CANIK TP9 SF Elite

Yes there CZ 10 PC would be here and also I think CANIK would here also

Among handguns I think GLOCK will beat FN but this FN 509 the new Gun many change things but SIG 320 is also dam good so it would be seriously tough game for every one to win

glock-17m.jpg

GLOCK
fn-509-lEAD-682x383.1492433550.jpg

FN-509
APX-660x380-660x380.jpg

Berreta
9505dd750bdd0f454167dd9ba58af4b7.jpg

CZ P-10 C
tp9-sf-elite-list-4.jpg

CANIK TP9 SF Elite

Hazrat not to disappoint you but there is a huge wide playing field and after 30 years of domination by Glock. They are now on the back foot because of newer Striker fired guns that are offering better performance than Glock. Heck Glock is in a lawsuit in US

:lol::lol::lol: na bro FN is the best pistol manufacturer too
yes all praises to FN:partay::partay:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom