What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I have a friend who talked to officers including a Brigadier and a Colonel who are involved in Trials. They are credible as is my friend. Friend is not some childish fanboy and as for that HK-417 well I talked to that guy turns out post is one and a half year old and that guy was wrong for sure but I am right on spot here. The rifles are going for one more winter and may be new AK-15 may also join rifle trials and few other rifles
I am not saying that you are wrong about the trials continuing or about any thing for that matter my friend. I was talking about "how things actually are working", about money and about how the field trials are just "part of the process" and not the process itself!!
I am sorry to note that you missed that part entirely.
Plus i will still say that Facebook and twitter friends and the friends of your Facebook friends are perhaps THE MOST UNRELIABLE source of information. KINDLY PLEASE NOTE HOW I SAY UNRELIABLE AND NOT WRONG OR FALSE and try and understand the difference.

AK-12 chambered in 7.62x39. I wonder why Kalashnikov Concern didn't send this one instead of AK-103.

dfaisG7.jpg

AK-12 chambered in 7.62x39. I wonder why Kalashnikov Concern didn't send this one instead of AK-103.

dfaisG7.jpg

I don't think the 7.62 X 39 version is fully ready yet in fact they have also totally changed the 5.56 x 39 version. The recent exhibition called Army exhibition in Russia has revealed completely new AK-12 which is 5.56 x 39 caliber and also AK-15 which is 7.62 x 39 caliber.

BREAKING: Kalashnikov Concern Discontinues AK-12, Replaces It with… The New AK-12!

17_bd501ea3-660x440.jpg

The AK-12 is dead. Long live the AK-12! That’s the song Kalashnikov Concern is singing this week at the recent ARMY 2016 expo in Moscow, Russia. The radical AK-12 prototypes that have dominated Kalashnikov’s press over the past two years are gone, replaced by a more conservative rifle – also called “AK-12” – based on the Concern’s previous AK-400 prototypes. The new rifle addresses the Russian Army’s concerns regarding the AK-12’s cost and issues in fully automatic fire, an anonymous source told TFB, and is expected to be much cheaper to build than the previous model. It incorporates many of the same improvements developed for the previous AK-12 model, but improves the strength and resilience of some of the components.

The new AK-12’s design shares more in common with the existing AK-74 than its predecessor, but it will not be a retrofit to existing rifles, the source said. Several improvements were made to the rifle’s receiver, such as an improved and far more rigid top cover interface and a new free-floated barrel. The new AK-12 reportedly outperforms the existing AK-74 by at least the margin requested by the Russian government. The 5.45x39mm AK-12 appears to also be accompanied by the 7.62x39mm caliber AK-15, evidently of similar design.

The 7.62x39mm AK-15.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...oncern-discontinues-ak-12-replaces-new-ak-12/

BUT BUT BUT!!!!!!!! ........ i thought SCAR was best of the best and acing at all the tests --- how could it loose to HK???
Everyone wants the SCAR and Bren, and here I am wanting the Italians to win...it's lonely being the only one supporting the ARX

Everyone wants the SCAR and Bren, and here I am wanting the Italians to win...it's lonely being the only one supporting the ARX
ARX is a great platform as well.
At the end of the day it will be about who brings the most to the table. May be Italians come up with much more lucrative offer and that will be enough to persuade the army guys. For me, performance wise, there is no generation gap in three four guns out there in trials and at the end it will be about a better business deal/offer/opportunity!

Whether it is going to be SCAR or not but IMO, one thing for sure, it wouldn't be about the Rifle alone but the bonuses including the package for Rifle, for example, if we go all for Italian, I am expecting something for other departments as well. It is always to avail the opportunity and not to miss such chance.

I am also interested in knowing whether if we select SCAR or Berreta or CZ or may be SIG we would produce 7.62 X 51 versions or all caliber will be produced. @balixd

I am also interested in knowing whether if we select SCAR or Berreta or CZ or may be SIG we would produce 7.62 X 51 versions or all caliber will be produced. @balixd
it is easier to say then do in reality --- the lower remains the same in all calibers otherwise Upper is completely different, bolt carrier, gas block, Barrel --- hence separate machinery will be required for each part infact separate production lines ---

it is easier to say then do in reality --- the lower remains the same in all calibers otherwise Upper is completely different, bolt carrier, gas block, Barrel --- hence separate machinery will be required for each part infact separate production lines ---
Buy if we score a big order and right to sell the gun or components making all calibers would be great to sell and also can arm our own say spec ops with 5.56 , police CT units etc

Buy if we score a big order and right to sell the gun or components making all calibers would be great to sell and also can arm our own say spec ops with 5.56 , police CT units etc
The kind of up gradation we are doing at POF I won't be surprised that we soon produce two or more Gun series for example all calibers of SCAR and SIG

Two gun of same purpose highly unlikely , one gun different call and mods eg cqb battle etc likely
The kind of up gradation we are doing at POF I won't be surprised that we soon produce two or more Gun series for example all calibers of SCAR and SIG

What exactly is the "kind of up gradation" we are doing at POF if you can shed some light on that.

What exactly is the "kind of up gradation" we are doing at POF if you can shed some light on that.
We are buying different machinery from Turkey and Italy for increase in production and also quality improvement I don't know exact details.

Back
Top Bottom