What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
800px-United_States_Navy_SEALs_100-630x419.jpg

I've said it a million times, Pakistan will not being buying millions of rifles right from the beginning. Rifles aren't like fighters or tanks, you can buy them in smaller, cheaper batches, and in longer terms.

The only issue Pakistan will have is being able to buy the tot and being able to pay for the manufacturing plants at POF, which it probably already plans to do.

Pakistan sent in a request for hk's participation, HK didn't respond...at least that's what the general belief is.

It's a competition, may the best rifle win, and it seems like the ARX, SCAR and the Bren are on top of the list.

This.

While 1K+ seems a bit much, elite army and special forces units will likely get their hands on the top rifles that PA is thinking about. Those will likely be field tested against insurgents, and/or in live fire exercises.

Personally, I still think ARX has the best chance of winning. The SCAR price per system is far too much, and the Bren probably doesn't have the confidence of the PA. ARX hits that sweet spot between being a high end gun with a high end price, but being cheaper than the SCAR.
SCAR is leading and leading massively than and than is AK-103. Berreta is not even in top 3. As for price I told you before we wouldn't have tested 3 most expensive Guns if we didn't had money. Secondly starting production at POF will take sometime therefore first large order will come from company itself.

SCAR is leading and leading massively than and than is AK-103. Berreta is not even in top 3. As for price I told you before we wouldn't have tested 3 most expensive Guns if we didn't had money. Secondly starting production at POF will take sometime therefore first large order will come from company itself.

which ones are in top 3?

I've said it a million times, Pakistan will not being buying millions of rifles right from the beginning. Rifles aren't like fighters or tanks, you can buy them in smaller, cheaper batches, and in longer terms.

The only issue Pakistan will have is being able to buy the tot and being able to pay for the manufacturing plants at POF, which it probably already plans to do.

Pakistan sent in a request for hk's participation, HK didn't respond...at least that's what the general belief is.

It's a competition, may the best rifle win, and it seems like the ARX, SCAR and the Bren are on top of the list.

This.

While 1K+ seems a bit much, elite army and special forces units will likely get their hands on the top rifles that PA is thinking about. Those will likely be field tested against insurgents, and/or in live fire exercises.

Personally, I still think ARX has the best chance of winning. The SCAR price per system is far too much, and the Bren probably doesn't have the confidence of the PA. ARX hits that sweet spot between being a high end gun with a high end price, but being cheaper than the SCAR.
mate I meant after 10 years of buying it when entire front line force is quipped with it

MPT - 76 (51 N round) is in the trails -- will try to get the updates on the performance ---- SCAR H has become more like a benchmark in the competition now ----
I know that Sir the Gun on extreme right is MPT-76
13516669_1228060340583458_670231768459794403_n.jpg

@balixd what do you mean by benchmark ???? Is it still part of the trials or not ? I mean SCAR H

I know that Sir the Gun on extreme right is MPT-76
13516669_1228060340583458_670231768459794403_n.jpg

@balixd what do you mean by benchmark ???? Is it still part of the trials or not ? I mean SCAR H
it is part of the trail but has become a benchmark - you will compare the performance of other weapons with this ---- don't forget there are other factors are play then just performance

it is part of the trail but has become a benchmark - you will compare the performance of other weapons with this ---- don't forget there are other factors are play then just performance
I am hoping for the best. At least they should select FN SCAR and start producing them can select one other Gun also. But SCAR should come at all costs. By they way can we hear about the winner in this year IDEAS or Guns will go in trials for another winter ?

Let see what comes out. I still favour G3 in a lighter frame. Has there been a decision to go 5.56 or remain with 7.62 nato;

We would remain with 7.62
very wise decision - I wont be surprised if it went back to a upgraded G3. When we went from FN to Galil/R4 5.56mm it was an interesting experience but our conditions are very different - it is closer range with bushes - 5.56mm was good but Rhodesian experience was opposite - 7.62 FN was more better suited..

Back
Top Bottom