What's new

Pakistan’s PL-15 Missile Equipped JF-17 Block 3 is a Serious Game Changer - How India Can Respond to

Guys the PL-15 range is not 300km! It is around 150km with normal expected speed and altitude. I think people are confused between PL-15 and J-16's long PL-xx missile.

The ramjet doesn't need that much air and can operate into extremely high altitude. So Meteor definitely has better range and maybe energy. PL-15's rocket can boost to above mach 4 again after cruise flight from first boost. It depends on firing speed but this means there can be similar energy to Meteor. YJ-12 ramjet can give sustained energy above mach 3.5 the whole cruise. However Meteor still has not been upgraded with more modern seekers and doesn't even use AESA seeker. PL-15 uses two seekers and one is AESA. PL-15 uses throttle fuel for controllable boost. It is highly complex and advanced so much that PLAAF cannot afford to replace all PL-12 modern versions with PL-15. They are saved against formidable enemies.

If it is true PL-15 will get attached to the new JF-17 and the new AESA radar can use the range to maximum, then Rafale is really not any trouble. They think Rafale's jamming works against JF-17 so everybody is happy. Real meeting will show again JF-17 chasing Rafale away in future with new PL-15 dodger victory badge for IAF. I think PAF can go violent and just commit to kill next time? Please don't hold back so much and fire only at extreme range, wait for MKI and Rafale to come closer even if losing a few JF-17 to take out some MKI and Rafale will be very worth it. Reality is these Indians will buy but never dare to use and just continue dodging missiles at best while Tejas sit on ground watching.

i have never seen any report, some where read its will be around 250kg.

share if you find any reprots.

but PL-15 is bigger than pl12(190kg) , so some report implies it will be heavier
Here it is pl-15 measured and original pic.

Attachments

• J-1x Pl-15.jpg
    J-1x Pl-15.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 102
  • J-1x Pl-15_measure00.png
    J-1x Pl-15_measure00.png
    380.5 KB · Views: 106
@ziaulislam As far as the diameter goes, pl-12 and pl-15 are similar according to these links:

"China has yet to release any physical data on the PL-15, but its body diameter appears to be similar to the PL-12 medium-range AAM. "

The second link also puts the length to be near identical.
it is 0.3-0.5 meter long and slightly thicker which has led to speculation that it is 15-20% heavier

How India can respond to????

We have BRAHMOS..... need I say more????

Those crazy BRAHMOS will make sure that PAF fighter jets are not airborne with PL-15 and even if they do then BRAHMOS will make sure that they are not able to land back for refueling and reloading.....

No matter what you throw at us.... our single and nimble answer is BRAHMOS.....

Now just imagine if this thing gets the range of 1000 KM with nuclear warhead carrying capability....

Those crazy BRAHMOS will make sure that PAF fighter jets are not airborne with PL-15 and even if they do then BRAHMOS will make sure that they are not able to land back for refueling and reloading.....

Now just imagine if this thing gets the range of 1000 KM with nuclear warhead carrying capability....
And then somebody will wake you up.

@PanzerKiel @Zarvan
is there any rule for Indian brhamos deployment? for instance IA muster them in large numbers near border. Then should Pak take them out preemptively or it is normal. I mean it is an offensive weapon.

@PanzerKiel @Zarvan
is there any rule for Indian brhamos deployment? for instance IA muster them in large numbers near border. Then should Pak take them out preemptively or it is normal. I mean it is an offensive weapon.

There are very clear and specific rules with regard to deployment of such weapons. Any violation can trigger something big.

air launched or land based? plus do you know level of escalation? Cruise missiles are 2nd last step before nuclear/ballistic missile. Don't you have any other option to counter Pak? if not, develop it.

Have you never heard about surface to air missile interceptors? The Brahmos terminal speed is only Mach 3 anyway ... lower than many other contemporary supersonic missiles. I don't see much success rate for a 90s era Russian missile wrapped in an Indian facade tbh.

air launched or land based? plus do you know level of escalation? Cruise missiles are 2nd last step before nuclear/ballistic missile. Don't you have any other option to counter Pak? if not, develop it.
Have you never heard about surface to air missile interceptors? The Brahmos terminal speed is only Mach 3 anyway ... lower than many other contemporary supersonic missiles. I don't see much success rate for a 90s era Russian missile wrapped in an Indian facade tbh.
the guy is obviously trolling..or he is an idiot..(these days its tough to say since feb 2019)..

either way replying him is not needed

now i am curious, are you an idiot or were you trolling?

where were brahmos after the humiliation of 27th of Feb ?

No more ZeeNews on a thread for serious discussion.

He is talking out of the back of his dhoti. He does not understand that there will be a response which will decimate the whole region in the tit for tat responses from both sides. Jingoism aside war is a horrible thing and should be avoided at all cost.
A

even the radar warning on Rafael that missile lock is good enough to scare them away. Thats what was seen on Feb 27th. IAF with pairs of SU30MKis, Mirage 2000-5 and 5 Mig21 cleared the skies when missiles were locked and launched.

Back
Top Bottom