What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

We all know that KRL is fully capable of doing N-Reactors on their own. I think GoP should release A.Q Khan to develop three types of reactors:
160MW
210MW
380MW

Having similar in design and in three capacities so that they can be utilized according to the needs.

And what makes u think we dnt build such small scale reactors?Even a 1000 mw reactor NPFC-I is being built.... go through the related threads instead of posting ur uninformed opinions here..

Cheers.

We all know that KRL is fully capable of doing N-Reactors on their own. I think GoP should release A.Q Khan to develop three types of reactors:
160MW
210MW
380MW

Having similar in design and in three capacities so that they can be utilized according to the needs.

looking at your post i dont think you know about our civil nuclear program

And what makes u think we dnt build such small scale reactors?Even a 1000 mw reactor NPFC-I is being built.... go through the related threads instead of posting ur uninformed opinions here..

Cheers.

May be he is talking about reactors with Pakistani technology not from China :angel:

May be he is talking about reactors with Pakistani technology not from China :angel:

Its not my fault if you cant comprehend the example i presented are indigenous nuclear reactors built by Pakistan ... seperately from the ones imported from China..:tdown:

NPFC rather is a combination of 3x325 reactor..

Pakistan still doesnt has the capability of a 1000mw reactor
bur rather something around 300-325mw capacity reactors.which would be first operational around 2014-15..

there is also a possibility that PAEC and pinstech might win the tender for kanup II with a capacity of 300mw rather than the chinese firm pitching a reactor with the capacity of 600mw and 1000mw.

Its not my fault if you cant comprehend the example i presented are indigenous nuclear reactors built by Pakistan ... seperately from the ones imported from China..:tdown:

Leave your chest thumping a side and give a source of operational Pakistani nuclear reactors.

Instead of ranting scroll back a few pages... and go through my post..

Rant? In this imaginary thread you claim that you can built 1000MW reactor so I simply asked you to put source for your own design not Chinese... Even for small one.

If you cant prove your point so no problem you can live in your dreams. :cheesy:

Rant? In this imaginary thread you claim that you can built 1000MW reactor so I simply asked you to put source for your own design not Chinese... Even for small one.

If you cant prove your point so no problem you can live in your dreams. :cheesy:

k6nfd.jpg

let me post..this was also confirmed by Ahmad bhai.who is a nuclear physics professor from Quaid e azam uni in pakdef.org

he rather also confirmed that the NPFC is yes a dual purpose reactor.but the goal for 1000mw each is not acceptable anytime before 2020-2025 for pakistan.A task of 300mw indigenous reactor design was taken in 2000 with some tweaks from the reverse engineered candu reactors

so the NPFC being a one reactor with 1000mw is a false news.rather with a 300-325mw capacity.
The reactor is under IAEA and funded by them aswell.hence no chance of china or anyother country involvement.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/11344-pakistan-nuclear-energy-developments.html

Pakistan to manufacture nuclear power plants

(Kyodo) _ Pakistan has decided to embark on the indigenous manufacture of 300-megawatt commercial nuclear power plants to meet growing energy needs, reliable official sources have said.

They said Pakistan decided to go for indigenous manufacture of commercial nuclear power plants because of the poor response of the United States and the Nuclear Supplier Group to requests for help in the civilian nuclear energy program on the pattern of the 2004 India-U.S. nuclear deal.

"We have taken many steps and more are on the anvil to start indigenous manufacture of 300-MW pressurized water reactor," the sources said.

They pointed out that an Engineering and Design Organization has been set up to design and develop a standard for indigenous nuclear power plants and privatization of the Chinese-aided Heavy Mechanical Complex, or HMC, was reversed by the government when it was pointed out that Pakistan was capable of manufacturing components for nuclear power plants.

HMC can manufacture several key components of thermal power plants which could also be used in the nuclear power plants and Pakistan has also set up HMC-3 exclusively to contribute in the indigenous nuclear power plants.

Official sources pointed out that Pakistan's "Energy Security Plan" envisaged 8,500 MW of nuclear energy by 2030, which would require setting up 22 nuclear power plants of 300-mw capacity if the target is to be met.

"Sites for eight nuclear power plants have already been selected," the official said and indicated that a consortium of private and public industrial units would be set up to undertake manufacture of the nuclear power plants.

Pakistan has set up a 300-MW nuclear power plant at Chashma (Chashnupp-1) in the Mianwali district in southern Punjab with Chinese assistance and a second plant is under construction at the same site.

Although Chashnupp-1 and 2 were turnkey contracts, Pakistan contributed up to 30 percent of their components, which could be increased to 70 percent.

"No country can manufacture a nuclear power plant 100 percent all by itself. We cannot produce reactor shells, several pumps and the pressure vessels for which we will have to develop additional capacity or enter into a licensing agreement," an official said.

Pakistan has already commissioned a 50-MW indigenous heavy water reactor at Khushab that is yielding plutonium for the nuclear weapons program.

Two additional reactors of same capacity are believed to be under construction at the same site.

Yahoo!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom