What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

zardari or bhutto family k accounts say?

Off topic. Zardari and Bhutto are devout, religious and patriotic people, don't accuse them

Ajae ge pese, sooner or later, our economy will improve, In Sha Allah, jab le le ge

Off topic. Zardari and Bhutto are devout, religious and patriotic people, don't accuse them

Ajae ge pese, sooner or later, our economy will improve, In Sha Allah, jab le le ge

Bullshit, they screwed this country. zardari is a scum azab on pakistan. hamaray gunnahon ki saza. both are and were traitors. blood looters.... dont dare to insult pious and patriotic people by comparing tehm with zardari and bhuttos. :angry:

can someone here please tell me are we making this submarine by our own effort or china is directly or indirectly involved in it?

Bullshit, they screwed this country. zardari is a scum azab on pakistan. hamaray gunnahon ki saza. both are and were traitors. blood looters.... dont dare to insult pious and patriotic people by comparing tehm with zardari and bhuttos. :angry:

no need to get jazbati...he is troll, just enjoy his posts

can someone here please tell me are we making this submarine by our own effort or china is directly or indirectly involved in it?

o bhai nai ben rahi koi nuke submarine

in early 2012, we have heard major news networks in Pakistan announce the development of Pakistan's nuclear submarines "in 5-8 years". The earliest news of Pakistan's nuclear submarine project was in 2006 when General Musharraf announced that Pakistan now has the technology to build nuclear submarines. The first point to ponder is that Pakistan, unlike certain other countries, prefers to develop weapon systems quietly. If this kind of announcements are coming out, in all probability Pakistan already has a nuclear submarine, or at minimum critical components, well underway. The most critical component is the nuclear power plant, and the news thus points to the development of a miniature power plane...RUMINT suggests that Pakistan's nuclear submarine is likely to be based on the Qing Class Chinese SSK, which Pakistan is believed to receive 6 units of. Given the giant size of the Qing Class (5,000-6,000 tons), the submarine is ideally suited as the basis for a Pakistani SSN / SSBN. RUMINT also suggests that Pakistan is seeking a smaller sized nuclear sub that sacrifices speed for simplicity and ease of maintenance. The basic idea is that instead of hydraulic propulsion, the Pakistani subs will utilize an all-electric propulsion system that is charged by the nuclear power plant....UPDATE 17/3/2012:

Two rumors from Pervaiz Shamim:
1. The nuclear submarine project and the Qing Class are separate developments
2. There is a South American country, rumored to be Argentina that is interested in some form of partnership in the (nuclear submarine) project.

Although I have a high regard for Brother Shamim, I think the first point is misinformation meant to shroud China's role and the extent of the Qing Class lineage. The second issue about Argentina is very speculative but is just possible. A more realistic partner would be Brazil. I would also throw in Turkey as a collaborator. Pakistan-Turkey-Brazil-Argentina (?) I think there is definitely loose collaboration on specific subsystems and technologies between at least the first three, if not Argentina.

I do think that the Argentinians are taking a closer look at the JF-17. However, there is very little to go by in terms of Argentina-Pakistan relations, and far more in terms of Brazil-Pakistan, where collaboration has gone to the extent of transfer of technology and weapon systems such as the MAR-1s and MAA-1As, and is likely to include the A-Darter and/or the MAA-1Bs in the future.

in early 2012, we have heard major news networks in Pakistan announce the development of Pakistan's nuclear submarines "in 5-8 years". The earliest news of Pakistan's nuclear submarine project was in 2006 when General Musharraf announced that Pakistan now has the technology to build nuclear submarines. The first point to ponder is that Pakistan, unlike certain other countries, prefers to develop weapon systems quietly. If this kind of announcements are coming out, in all probability Pakistan already has a nuclear submarine, or at minimum critical components, well underway. The most critical component is the nuclear power plant, and the news thus points to the development of a miniature power plane...RUMINT suggests that Pakistan's nuclear submarine is likely to be based on the Qing Class Chinese SSK, which Pakistan is believed to receive 6 units of. Given the giant size of the Qing Class (5,000-6,000 tons), the submarine is ideally suited as the basis for a Pakistani SSN / SSBN. RUMINT also suggests that Pakistan is seeking a smaller sized nuclear sub that sacrifices speed for simplicity and ease of maintenance. The basic idea is that instead of hydraulic propulsion, the Pakistani subs will utilize an all-electric propulsion system that is charged by the nuclear power plant....UPDATE 17/3/2012:

Two rumors from Pervaiz Shamim:
1. The nuclear submarine project and the Qing Class are separate developments
2. There is a South American country, rumored to be Argentina that is interested in some form of partnership in the (nuclear submarine) project.

Although I have a high regard for Brother Shamim, I think the first point is misinformation meant to shroud China's role and the extent of the Qing Class lineage. The second issue about Argentina is very speculative but is just possible. A more realistic partner would be Brazil. I would also throw in Turkey as a collaborator. Pakistan-Turkey-Brazil-Argentina (?) I think there is definitely loose collaboration on specific subsystems and technologies between at least the first three, if not Argentina.

I do think that the Argentinians are taking a closer look at the JF-17. However, there is very little to go by in terms of Argentina-Pakistan relations, and far more in terms of Brazil-Pakistan, where collaboration has gone to the extent of transfer of technology and weapon systems such as the MAR-1s and MAA-1As, and is likely to include the A-Darter and/or the MAA-1Bs in the future.

Madam, Shamim Bhai is ex-PAF & still in the loop ! :)

Actually no one is working on "This Submarine", however Pakistan is working (probably with Chinese help) on developing a nuclear power plant for submarines, which once developed, tested, tried can be installed in any of the present or future submarines to increase their underwater endurance for max stealth and penetration close to enemy assets.

Like always, yes, the cold nuclear experiments, the ICBM program, among other highly declassified programs.

Pakistan's ICBM program could be coupled with its SSBN program, so instead of sticking with the short range SLBM, Pakistan is directly jumping to the intercontinental range SLBM.

Since USA has always threatened to denuclearize Pakistan with a pre-emptive strike, therefore Pakistan has to find a solution to develop a reliable second deterrence.

Pakistan's ICBM program could be coupled with its SSBN program, so instead of sticking with the short range SLBM, Pakistan is directly jumping to the intercontinental range SLBM.

Since USA has always threatened to denuclearize Pakistan with a pre-emptive strike, therefore Pakistan has to find a solution to develop a reliable second deterrence.

Well, as both these programmes only exist on internet blogs, It will not be too difficult to couple them.

@ChineseTiger1986

If I may ask you a hypothetical question please, does KSA have the right to develop nuclear weapons or not? As a Chinese national, Do you support such move?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom