What's new

Pakistan's navy interested in Chinese submarines and advance naval ships

I hope its just 'checking', we can cooperate with Chinese for subs but I WANT U-214
No French Subs at all & no Chinese Subs for now, we must get U-214

Well it seems very difficult for the time being that we will get U-214s

compare yuan and kilo

If you are trying to say it is not so, then kindly go to the international defence related articles who quote the similarities, or even Chinese forums who say so. And as i said it is a mixture of both Improved Kilo the Project 636 which China got, and some best features of the Song too. If you look at the front hull, its clearly a tear drop shaped just like the Kilo, even in of the pictures the back side hump looks similar to what Kilo has. Its the word similar, not exactly the same, little bit own designing can be done in it from where it is copied.

So the Yuan does have similarities from Kilo and Song, showing it got influenced by both the designs.

Plus the designation that whether its a variant of Type-039 or its completely a new Type-041 is also in debate as Chinese officially has not declassified about it anything, so the type thing is also debatable.

But Nato has given it a different class designation to be Yuan Class.

Plus below are the pictures of all three and see the similarities.

Song Class

ea410a332739caa5dd97bafe6942b821.jpg

Yuan Class

Kilo Class

Yuan seems to be the mixture of both Kilo and Song

If you are trying to say it is not so, then kindly go to the international defence related articles who
------------------------------------------------------------

039A's Stirling AIP module

Stirling engine principle of machine

kilo and song are the 2nd Generation submarines

yuan is the 3rd Generation submarine

atomic submarine corporation will be on card i feel it with lack of funding instead of spending navel share of u boats on conventional subs navy decides to go for it

that's my thoughts

any thoughts that would PN ask chinese cooperation on making a nuclear sub or will the chinese will be willing to provide it.

any thoughts that would PN ask chinese cooperation on making a nuclear sub or will the chinese will be willing to provide it.

Pakistan got some experiance in building subs.
The major issue will that be of the Reactor Design, This is where Pakistan will find Chinese help very instrumetal.

Selling of nuclear submarine is prohibited, the best we can do is lease a Chinese nuclear sub, and operate it can get an experience how to operate a nuclear sub (just like india did with russia) and seek china's cooperation for putting in place an infrastructure of building and developing nuclear sub of our own. But every thing comes with money so significant allocation of funds by government would be required for R&D.

^^yes you are right nuclear subs demand big money and they are not probably as much important to us as an advance AIP sub

If you are trying to say it is not so, then kindly go to the international defence related articles who
------------------------------------------------------------

039A's Stirling AIP module

Stirling engine principle of machine

kilo and song are the 2nd Generation submarines

yuan is the 3rd Generation submarine

I fully agree Sir, i did not said it is 2nd gen or that it is a copy of Kilo or something else. I meant to say that it is a more advanced submarine with some physical features resemblance to Kilo and Song, and capabilities making it a 3rd generation of Chinese Subs. There is nothing bad in saying it has Kilo influence or Song, as it has the best of both and added to that its own capabilities making it better then the other two.

Inded its good news to hear all this but i think when it comes to chinese we need to just stick to the surface ships subs are a whole another ball game eather german or french ... is wat we need.

i always wanted pakistan to buy destroyers from china and im sure in future we are and some subs from china along with U 214 will make deadle combination but im not sure that in 2007 PN gave order for 4 more F 22p

This news report says nothing about scrapping the U-214 deal. It merely says that Pakistan would like ot look into Chinese submarine and other naval systems, that is all. I don't see any hidden messages or implied statements. I say why not take a look at bigger surface ships and advanced submarines that China can produce. Transfer of Technology and good economic relations make any joint venture with China worth it.

It is good news, people, stop trying to turn it into a bad one.

This will likely be in addition to U214s.

Secondly, I'm not sure if this means that PN will buy a Chinese submarine off-the-shelf (such as Song or Yuan). It may be more interested in joining the development of their next-gen SSK (source-link).

Last edited:
PN desperately need U214, No other submarines is valuable.

No need for Chinese Sub at the moment but yes PN can work on joint production…..PN already have experience of Submarines manufacturing on Augusta 70B, PN can work on joint production for Nuclear submarine with China.

Back
Top Bottom