What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

there are many other informative websites and wiki is not a reliable one.

Being Muslims we should be more worried about the cartoons then our comfort. The only advantage wiki gives is that it cover the whole topic in one page ( as far as my uni assignments are concerned :azn: )

Cant we sacrifice this comfort for our beloved prophet who had spent whole nights praying for his umah and spent whole day preaching and facing the harsh behavior of kafirs just for us??? cant we????

Then my friend keep out of harms way....and go as far as you can for the knowledge,whether it's wiki,britannica ,China or America etc.

They want us to get that mad.And believe me we can't afford this.

Exactly!

I still remember those horrible riots back in 2007 and I am sure GoP has that incident in mind and the decision is being made. GoP has no other option but to ban these websites (temporarily ofcourse).

why not just ban that particular page rather than the whole site like the zardari video ? and what's wrong with wiki or flickr ? infact thats one of the best sites to promote pakistan coz theres so many pakistani photographers and people all over the world are seeing and commenting about how beautiful the country is 99% of the pics i posted on the beautiful pakistan thread are from flickr .
I'm worried they'll ban pdf next theres plenty of hate against the zardari government they can just use it as an excuse :undecided:
I think there should be some complaints about this if just 20 JUI people protesting can get a ban than millions of internet users can get it lifted.......

Last edited:
Wikipedia bi ban Pakistan govt. seems to have good governance over internet...:P :lol:

you've gone insanse why stop there just the ban the whole internet so young people stop so much time on it it's not like the pakistani government has more important issues to deal with than ban popular websites :hitwall:

insane people like urz .... and because of ur type of people in our govt and in our top brass today we are focusing such BS issues!!

Adat pari hey hoi..... baray kaam karnay ke pehlay chuta tu karoo ... chutay say shuruwaat kie nahe jati pehlay he 100 stair par paoon rakhnay ka shook hey!

^^^^ but Pakistani friends cant view this video....Youtube banned

yar whats wrong wikipedia.org is working. Facebook and youtube got restricted for few days or months, discussion related to these are under progress. hopefully they will remain banned till 31st of this month, just to record our protest. on the other hand wikipedia is fully functioning.

Business oriented websites.. I think you know a lot about business.

Just because you don't use it for business purpose doesn't mean that it is not Business oriented webpage. Youtube is one of the biggest libraries for Videos, it is not limited to entertainment..

Facebook is a database which is used worldwide at different levels for different purposes. Most of the companies today ask for facebook profile, I don't know about Pakistan.

Some people needs to clear this stigma that I am an anti Pakistani. Ya, I sometimes get carried away and pass vociferous comments doesn't define me for all. As if no one provokes me and I am born anti Pakistan..
Haloism to the core..

I don't care if you are anti Pakistani or Pro Pakistani. The question is: will the banning of such site take us to stone age. The answer is NO
And the business you are talking about is so little that it won't effect us. Besides, its a temporary ban.

^^^
THANK GOODNESS. Not too bothered about stone age thingie.
I hope I will be spared the propaganda videos posted ever so often. At least for the time.

Will make PDF a better place.

yar whats wrong wikipedia.org is working. Facebook and youtube got restricted for few days or months, discussion related to these are under progress. hopefully they will remain banned till 31st of this month, just to record our protest. on the other hand wikipedia is fully functioning.

only main page of Wiki is getting opened, nothing is getting 'searched' :rolleyes:

I want to answer a question here.

Many would think why this content is so important to Musmlims and why dont we draw the images of the Holy Prophet SAW.

It is about the very , very basic concept of islam , the fundamentals we we stand upon.

Creating sketches equalls Creating idols which Islam obviously outlaws and specially the sketches of a Prophet is an extremely senstive case because it defies our basic principles .

Moreover we do not sketch any other Prophet too its not Just our Prophet its all of them who are talked about in Bible and Torah.

I think there has to be an understanding between the west and the Muslims as it will only get worse if not stopped.

Someone wants another crusade , even if it is fought in cyberspace but they do want it to happen.

The only way to stop these hate mongers is to give them knowledge and why i am posting these videos here is because i need your Support.

As pakistan has banned all these sites your mobile ISP will soon have to follow the suite, it will not be long when u will be banned from accessing then from mobile phones!

thats really sad...in India we just got 3G auction taking place...it will give us high speed access to the internet through handsets in the go whie the download speed will be double the speed in our mobile phones.

Back
Top Bottom