What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

Well I received sms last nite that " Code name, Operation "ping to the knees"

let us start ping attack on Fa ce bo ok (to put peassure on their servers) rather than " boycotting" like loosers.

if u have net connection then go to >Start > Run and type in
no ping attacks please

peoples don't do it if you are living in West. Sending viruses, hacking or blocking something in europe is highly sensitive. If you are doing it.......... stop doing it or who knows if the olice is waiting for you outside the house

@ honour

Please edit your post as it was the Prophet PBUH that they were making fun of.

Somehow I feel this banning is counter-productive and in many ways sadly reminiscent of ghettoism which is the bane of the muslim community in many parts of the world where they find themselves a minority. Please understand what I am trying to say and not get defensive unnecessarily. Today you ban Face Book. Then Twitter. Then You Tube. Then Wikipedia. Who is losing? By doing this you will only polarize the world more than it already is and drive the wedge between the muslim and the non-muslim world deeper than it already is, thus isolating the community even further. The solution of a problem can only be effected by being part of the system. You cannot change something from outside. What is the message you are sending out by doing this? That the next time someone wants you out of their cosy circle, all they have to do is lampoon your religion and you will withdraw? Somehow this whole thing seems pretty knee-jerk to me and obviously not well thought through. What are we going in for now? Muslim-only networking sites and eventually religiously segregationary Internet? The Crusades and Jihad of cyberworld? Isnt it so obvious that there is a pretty transparent attempt being made here to isolate you further, which your government is foolishly perpetuating?

Sending viruses, hacking or blocking something in europe is highly sensitive.
Its just a damn ping response. It's basically initiating an internet handshake. Ping is a protocol to determine reachability over IP using ICMP echos. The method of flooding pings creates a DOS attack. Participating voluntarily in a DDOS attack is a crime in many countries (most DDOS attacks are initiated by attackers by controlling dummies through trojans).

But Facebook is a big *** company with extensive protection against DDOS attacks. This won't them a bit, even if a million people start flooding them with pings.

Today you ban Face Book. Then Twitter. Then You Tube. Then Wikipedia.?
3 out of 4 are already banned as of now. Welcome to the Fascist world, the world the Mullah-Military alliance has ever wanted and the Judiciary has jumped the bandwagon many times.

I have deactivated my fb account along with 32 of my closest friends..
I urge you to do the same..

I know its no use, but i am preparing the answer when i will be asked by the angels on judgement say. What did you do when your Prophet was (naozubillah) humiliated.
Atleast i did some thing.

btw i am a fb addict.

One of the sites that are banned is this Zardari clip.

Use the Proxy Server I posted to watch it. Its funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Facebook,Youtube & Wikipedia are Banned in Karachi.... dont know about the rest of the cities of Pakistan.....

Any news of other Muslim countries banning Facebook?

I hope Facebook is banned in all Muslim countries, you got to hit them where it hurts.

regards,

Back
Top Bottom