What's new

Pakistan's Internet censorship

You are referring to a Islamic Prophet as perception?

And this is coming from a Hindu who believes in mythology as a religion!

No offense, but we draw the red line here! Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) and any actions that degrade him or ridicule him are bound to get such reaction from Muslims. Maybe other religious followers are docile to religious degradation, but we as Muslims are not! Lest you forget the Babri Mosque incident in India?

Then go.. have a field day.

Make it a spectacle for everyone to enjoy.:lol:

PS:There are hate groups every religions .These hate groups feed on each other.If u wanna invite them for dinner its ur stupid choice.

in agree with you ....

the goverment is basically not much sincere with the islamic cause. they are having an excuse to ban , because every second child of pakistan is information saturated. they are scared of the evolution. they are aware of the blashphemous videos against the doggy president.

about the facebook. the specific links could be banned easily. it would not take more then an hour to locate the third part resource. you can also bloack the website which hosts the pics. facebook.com itself is just an interface server. it hosts the pictures on a third party. the application on another server. we can just bann that server...

probably the employees in PTA are dus...trust me...govermentias...

facebook.com/waqasahmed03
youtube.com/waqasahmed03

Yes the links can be banned only but what will it achieve?
There has to be an impact, otherwise it is not a solid action.

Banning the link only will not achieve anything in terms of a cost inflicted on the facebook management for being so stubbornly insensitive to such a huge percentage of their subscribers who are hurt by this persistent effort to ridicule what they hold dear and respect.

If they deliberately want to hurt Muslims, then Muslim countries have every right to ban the entire site and help reduce its traffic and revenue.
That is the least we can do.
It is called a meaningful form of protest.

Facebook is not supposed to be a hate based site, this is against the image they project.

And also if possible we shouldn't ban these organizations but beat them at their own game, and with their own stick. All they understand is the language of money, we ban then they cry foul get hysterical and all, defame our name by using the freedom card. But if we collectively boycott them and decide not to utilize their services, then they will feel the pain.

Then go.. have a field day.

Make it a spectacle for everyone to enjoy.:lol:

PS:There are hate groups every religions .These hate groups feed on each other.If u wanna invite them for dinner its ur stupid choice.

Oh we are having a field day! And just as you Indians know our reaction and strength by virtue of Babri mosque so will others who dare to venture into such mindless stupidities now or in the future! It is pretty clear to all non-Muslims on where we draw our red-line so they can be a bit more mindful of consequences of their so-called free speech in the future!

A nice post by ET

KARACHI: As soon as news of the Lahore High Court verdict ordering a ban on the social netwroking website Facebook filtered in, users of the micro-blogging website Twitter started making witty 140-character jokes about the ban.

Here’s a selection of some of the funniest.

From @acorn: What’s the difference between Facebook and Jamaat-ud-Dawa? Ans: Facebook is banned in Pakistan

From @acorn: Dear Facebook: if the Pakistani govt bans you, you only have to resurface under a new name.

From @rshakoor: LHC bans Facebook and musharraf loses his entire constituency

From @mosharrafzaidi: How is Leon Panetta going tp update his #FB status?

From @fakebalthakre: Pakisthanis can’t use FB until May 31.Excellent opportunity for Hindusthan to block water to all Pak farms on Farmville.

Add your own favourites as comments below.

I am also an “Aashiq– e – Rasool” and it pains me to see people mocking the best man ever born. However banning the Facebook is not the answer. IMO banning provides free publicity and effect is normally making the item even more popular.

Let us face it, Facebook is not owned by or controlled by Muslims, drawing picture of the prophets in Christianity and many religions is permitted, thus not considered a big deal by the non Muslims.

Popularity of Facebook is thru its usage. I would prefer if an appeal is made to the Muslims all over the world to boycott Facebook voluntarily in protest. If actually put in practice; this action would have had the desired effect on the controllers of Facebook. Now I think the Facebook users in Pakistan would simply switch to other means such as Blackberry or Ipod.

In fact there are messages going round already among Muslims encouraging boycott of the Facebook.

Last edited:
Strange. That link has nothing anti-pakistan or blasphemous content. Is it only this page or the whole of Wiki is banned now at your end?

Youtube is reportedly down in many places as well.

I hope all the children of Wahhab, Maududi and Qutb are happy. Let's revert to the Zia days. Ban everything now. The interweb is full of **** so we might disconnect Pakistan altogether. Let's cut off the SEAMWE-3 and SEAMWE-4 entirely.

Welcome to the stone ages. Fascism at its best. Thank you Fundos.

A ping attack on Facebook would be useless. Their servers are more than capable of handling large volumes and denying access to an IP address for repeatedly bombarding requests. 1400ms won't bother them though.

Servers for sites as big as Facebook are protected against DDOS attacks. Useless idea.

check your anti-viru Patriot. Desable your anti-virus and try to open it again................

How can they ban wiki if it is editable by the users

Its not useless idea my dear ... i told u i was doing that and was getting response ,,, for almost 2 hours... now ,, its giving me REQUEST TIME OUT ...

hahhha

Back
Top Bottom