What's new

Pakistan’s identity crisis!

money well spent. lol! big college bubble is going to explode in this decade. it's so obvious, it's ridiculous actually. it has already exceeded house mortgage debt. which i can't even wrap my head around how that took place.
it is funny (depressing) to see people majoring in stupid stuff like this. paying 80 grand, excuse me, "borrowing 80 grand with interest" to major in absolutely worthless field like this. no contribution to society and then expect to make a middle class living. i don't want go on a rant but i meet so many people like these in college that feel entitled to everything in life.

and yes the article was dog sh*t.

It was a generic article with the same noise we hear regularly.
"We need to do this and that and this and that. The government is mighty in Pakistan. They have full control. They have lots of money. They have lots of influence. The Pakistani government can easily do something about this and that and this and that"

In 1979, two Asian neighbors faced Islamic revolutions; Iran and Pakistan. While one nation came out of it as rather progressive one, the other regressed in chaos. I need not to tell which one :-)

When did Pakistan see Islamic revolution.

Pakistan was under dictatorship at that time and it was Zia's Islam that was forced down our throat.

Once again with these very vague, weak and flimsy statements. Today I've discovered there's this deep instinct inside me to do what my ancestors were doing a thousand years ago. You know, planting crops, living in mud houses, bartering with the village blacksmith and all.
Muslim thinkers have promoted this identity since the late 19th century. A turbulent phase marked with corruption, foreign powers vying for control, poverty, resulting in an insurgency and suddenly, this ideology has failed.
The new found identity has got you nowhere. How hard is that to see?
Unfortunately when I asked you to not forget your roots, you took it literally. Asking you to introspect is a waste of time I guess.
I have stated my observations...take it or leave it, hardly makes any difference to me.
But you 're the one sitting on a ticking bomb... the faster you accept the reality and find a solution, the better it will be for your country.
Ciao!

I have stated my observations...take it or leave it, hardly makes any difference to me.
But you 're the one sitting on a ticking bomb... the faster you accept the reality and find a solution, the better it will be for your country.
Ciao!

I think you realized how stupid your proposition was, about pushing a long-lost culture with absolutely no benefits whatsoever and instead decided to take the, "I have a gut-feeling it ain't right! Trust me!' path.

When did Pakistan see Islamic revolution.

Pakistan was under dictatorship at that time and it was Zia's Islam that was forced down our throat.

Zia came to power in 1979.
The whole Zia-is-a-boogeyman-who-wants-to-eat-us thing is like a bedtime story Leftists use to scare each other. I just take it with a grain of salt and I encourage you to do the same.

@levina your posts and your signature is an oxymoron.

@Hiptullha no, it's just that her writing was so bad. and her degree made me vomit. when banks stop lending money for dumb sh*t like this you'll see a decline in these pseudo intellectuals. the folklore and mythology majors, mass communication majors, peace and conflict resolution majors, i mean jesus christ!

Muslim thinkers have promoted this identity since the late 19th century. A turbulent phase marked with corruption, foreign powers vying for control, poverty, resulting in an insurgency and suddenly, this ideology has failed.

I agree with you. A few thinkers dreamt of a utopia that culminated in pakistan. Even Soviet Union was conceived on an ideology. Soviets let the union collapse and chinese let the ideology take a back seat. There is nothing wrong when an ideology fails, it becomes wrong when we fail to move on.

I agree with you. A few thinkers dreamt of a utopia that culminated in pakistan. Even Soviet Union was conceived on an ideology. Soviets let the union collapse and chinese let the ideology take a back seat. There is nothing wrong when an ideology fails, it becomes wrong when we fail to move on.

Err...could you explain how this ideology has failed?

My response to the writer of the article and all the Pakistanis going through an identity crisis.

I think you realized how stupid your proposition was, about pushing a long-lost culture with absolutely no benefits whatsoever and instead decided to take the, "I have a gut-feeling it ain't right! Trust me!' path.

Calling me stupid wont help...
As I said asking you to introspect is a waste of time.

Ideologies, per se, dont fail but its the people and circumstances behind the failure. If the ideology does not provide flexibility and opportunity to cope up with changes, it fails..

Because Islam alone has not been enough to gel together a nation . Because human nature is such that it does not conform to any one identity alone (regardless of whether we are discussing Hindus or Muslims, India or Pakistan). Once you removed the "Hindu" as a reference point (anti), other reference points crept out whether it be sub-religion based or language based. Basic human nature. Pakistan's insistence on being religion based then leads to questions on the specifics - how much & in what manner, a question which will always favour the fundamentalists. A question that the founders didn't intend to be answered, certainly not in any depth.

You can't be serious... Iran and progressive lol

Alexander was not defeated. Majority of Pakistani ancestors were bhudists.

Who were they prior to being Buddhist? Alexander came to India with an intention to invade. Why did he go back any idea? Do you know that his general selucas was made to enter into a treaty not to cross Sindhu river by Greek army?

Ideologies, per se, dont fail but its the people and circumstances behind the failure. If the ideology does not provide flexibility and opportunity to cope up with changes, it fails..

We can hardly say that the ideology promoted by thinkers like Sir Syed Ahmed Khan or Allama Iqbal which were less principled than other Islamic schools of thoughts, focusing more on personal beliefs, challenging traditional Muslim views and promoting pragmatism were in anyway inflexible. You're mistaking it for a different ideology which came about in full strength in the '70s.

Back
Top Bottom