What's new

Pakistan’s identity crisis!

The problem with this writer is that she is adopting the cliche mindset that most leftists abroad seem to be taking which is that the Maulvi is the source of all Pakistani problems. She's succeeded in identifying one of the problems in our society, but then wastes her time going into the usual diatribe about democracy, inclusiveness, curbing mullahs etc. The usual noise we hear nowadays from writers.

When it comes to identifying how Pakistani society stooped so low, I can guarantee she'll just go into the mindless rant on how Zia-ul-Haq ruined this country. What she and her fellow leftists fail to realize is that their ilk is primarily responsible for the ideology which haunts our society. The mullahs and maulvis you love to hate never had a bureaucratic role in this government, did they? They weren't given the reigns of government in the beginning, did they? It wasn't them who failed Pakistan, it was you. The elite. All this talk about how Pakistanis are lazy and emotional people who fail to take responsibility while still continuing to spread the myth that despite being f*cked by the PPP, ANP, MQM and countless other "progressive" parties, the maulvis are the ones to blame.These leftists with their "progressive" vision have plundered the funds of the state and ruined the lives of millions across the countryside then have the gall to complain when countries like Saudi Arabia see the sad state of affairs and decide they can build their own personal army here.

How will you crack down on the clerics when to many Pakistanis, they are the primary source of food and shelter? Do you really expect them to bow down towards you and your "superior" ideology after being screwed over by your kind for the last few decades? It's the same unrealistic propositions made by these writers. Here, I'll make you a deal. Stop hiding abroad or in your mini-Edens in the "good neighborhoods", admit you messed up, make a genuine effort to improve this nation and I can bet the people will do the same.

The problem with this writer is that she is adopting the cliche mindset that most leftists abroad seem to be taking which is that the Maulvi is the source of all Pakistani problems. She's succeeded in identifying one of the problems in our society, but then wastes her time going into the usual diatribe about democracy, inclusiveness, curbing mullahs etc. The usual noise we hear nowadays from writers.

When it comes to identifying how Pakistani society stooped so low, I can guarantee she'll just go into the mindless rant on how Zia-ul-Haq ruined this country. What she and her fellow leftists fail to realize is that their ilk is primarily responsible for the ideology which haunts our society. The mullahs and maulvis you love to hate never had a bureaucratic role in this government, did they? They weren't given the reigns of government in the beginning, did they? It wasn't them who failed Pakistan, it was you. The elite. All this talk about how Pakistanis are lazy and emotional people who fail to take responsibility while still continuing to spread the myth that despite being f*cked by the PPP, ANP, MQM and countless other "progressive" parties, the maulvis are the ones to blame.These leftists with their "progressive" vision have plundered the funds of the state and ruined the lives of millions across the countryside then have the gall to complain when countries like Saudi Arabia see the sad state of affairs and decide they can build their own personal army here.

How will you crack down on the clerics when to many Pakistanis, they are the primary source of food and shelter? Do you really expect them to bow down towards you and your "superior" ideology after being screwed over by your kind for the last few decades? It's the same unrealistic propositions made by these writers. Here, I'll make you a deal. Stop hiding abroad or in your mini-Edens in the "good neighborhoods", admit you messed up, make a genuine effort to improve this nation and I can bet the people will do the same.
Bravo :tup:

So you need a masters degree in conflict-resolution to come up with this journalistic masterpiece?

Give me a f**king break, its a 15 year olds homework. I could write a more thought provoking article in under 30 minutes.
What's stopping you? Write it. I'm waiting to read your masterpiece with bated breath.

The identity crisis is for real!!!
The identity crisis stems from 2 facts
1) Pakistan’s failure to make sense of itself is because of a deep confusion over its Islamic/Muslim identity.
2) Pakistan was always defined in terms of what it was “not” (it was “not India”) rather than what it was.Right now Pakistan looks clueless without a leader to guide, the only unifying force is anti-India feeling.

The article could 've been better...I expected a lot more when I read author had masters in conflict- resolution.
So you need a masters degree in conflict-resolution to come up with this journalistic masterpiece?
Give me a f**king break, its a 15 year olds homework. I could write a more thought provoking article in under 30 minutes.

I agree!!!
The article was just too vague and was headed in a fuzzy direction.

Last edited:
A nice attempt by a young girl. Anything that shows us the mirror should be welcomed but not sure if everyone likes being shown the mirror. Instead of her gender, age and academic qualification the criticism should be about the write up.

Who is "US" is your post? Of course you are not Pakistani citizen to be considered as part of being told as "US" /

I read it somewhere Long ago in column .....
We Pakistanis were raised as More Loyal to their Groups or Sectarin Ideology as compared to Patriotism to our homeland
The writer gave one example from turkey....turks were raised more patriot to their homeland...& Germans tooooo and they will have LESS resistance in selecting their country Policies & here in pakistan we've Stong Groups who threatens gov to postpone any reforms

Last edited:
@Norwegian

Actually Pakistan is a country with glorious history. They should take pride in defeating great Alexander. However, the teaching of false history and false pride prevent them to do so as this would imply that theri forefathers were Hindus. False history teaching that started from the time of Zia ul haq has started delivering the result. People are coming out with their own version of History discovering their rooots in Arabs to which Arabs disowns. They have a Turkey Flag on their currency. As Hasan Nisar says, they do not have any attachment with their land. They are victim of identity crisis. If Pakistan learn to accept the truth, many of their problem can be solved. Even the politics is played on death of innocent children. Somebody say that they should have killed Hindu children instead and somebody say that India or Israel or us is behind it. Everywhere you can witness one thing in common. That is denial of fact and believing in conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
In 1979, two Asian neighbors faced Islamic revolutions; Iran and Pakistan. While one nation came out of it as rather progressive one, the other regressed in chaos. I need not to tell which one :-)

You can't be serious... Iran and progressive lol

@Norwegian

Actually Pakistan is a country with glorious history. They should take pride in defeating great Alexander. However, the teaching of false history and false pride prevent them to do so as this would imply that theri forefathers were Hindus. False history teaching that started from the time of Zia ul haq has started delivering the result. People are coming out with their version of History discovering their routes in Arabs which Arabs disowns. They have a Turkey Flag on their currency. As Hasan Nisar says, we do not have any attachment with our land. We are victim of identity crisis. If Pakistan learn to accept the truth, many of their problem can be solved. Even the politics is played on death of innocent children. Somebody say that they should have killed Hindu children instead and somebody say that India or Israel or us is behind it. Everywhere you can witness one thing common. That is denial of fact abd believe in conspiracy theory.

Alexander was not defeated. Majority of Pakistani ancestors were bhudists.

"Pakistan's Identity Crisis" has become a cliche. But the problem is not Pakistanis not knowing themselves, it is them not knowing the world. Pakistanis have one of the most distorted worldview among nations of the world. If one is to pick any senior official from any organization in Pakistan and have a chat with them about world affairs, they will soon realize that even the most important people in the state machinery of Pakistan doesnt really know the world the way it is.

Last edited:
Pakistan isn't suffering from identity crisis. It is just fighting a war that has been launched against it internally.

Back
Top Bottom