What's new

Pakistan's first tablet revealed

If Army can run education institutions, engineering complexes, relief work, construction work, corruption clean up, riots prevention and god knows what more than they can do any thing.

Back on topic - I think this is a win-win situation - public gets decent, cheap products, and PAC gets funds to invest in other military/commercial research that benefits Pakistan.

................ I think this is a win-win situation - public gets decent, cheap products, and PAC gets funds to invest in other military/commercial research that benefits Pakistan.

What about PAC destroying the chances of a private sector business to achieve the same success because of all the unfair monopolies PAC already enjoys? Is that still a win-win? I think not.

^

They are stimulating the economy. Adding revenue to the country rather than swiss bank accounts.

Finally some ******* good news from Pakistan. I have been waiting a long time.

from where they are getting the money for investing??

If Army can run education institutions, engineering complexes, relief work, construction work, corruption clean up, riots prevention and god knows what more than they can do any thing.

engineering work run coz of public funds, even america military runs relief work and its part of their duty to carry this because they have the right skills and equipment to do so.

no military in the world carries out business ventures except which concerns military

What about PAC destroying the chances of a private sector business to achieve the same success because of all the unfair monopolies PAC already enjoys? Is that still a win-win? I think not.

PAC has infact encouraged the private sector to come forward, hopefully new businesses would come forward with new products does not matter if they have their roots in Chinese products. These Tablets are the advent, perhaps in future atleast all PAF Schools-Colleges would be equip with Tablets for students-teachers quiet helpful in education sector.

The absurdity of blaming PAC for stagnation or destroying specific sector is quiet illogical. How can a few Tablets coming out of PAC that could only be at the time being used in PAC destroying the chances of private sector, remember its quiet a while no private company came forward in Pakistan to invest in the Tablet market, it is not the fault of PAC nor has PAC released any statement that these would be sold in wider market until any major deal reaches read the post #1, perhaps these would only be circulated in small numbers all over Pakistan and the Armed Forces with better Items coming out rather than investing in technology from outside. Infact Private market should be ashamed and learn from PAC.

Will this be made in China and sold in Pakistan?

Software part is all in Pakistan. Hardware is based on Chinese as well as Pakistani technology manufactured in Pakistan PAC with equally input from Pakistan (JV Program), with room for much improvement indigenously, Tablet is not a rocket science product that can be fully designed (internal-external in terms of design) in Pakistan by Pakistan. You have to kick start from somewhere.

PS. Now I would not want to remind you of hindustani $30.00 tablet.

PAC have excellent computer department and it is really a good move to use their skills in civilian sector.Good news..

Let's wait and see how this tablet sells in the market. It will prove or disprove the quality of the product, don't you think.

So who has the sales figures?

Anything that may stimulate the economy is good and i must commend all involved with this project.
Nice to hear good news coming out of our nation.....

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Let's wait and see how this tablet sells in the market. It will prove or disprove the quality of the product, don't you think.

So who has the sales figures?

lolzzzz Cheng every 3rd post you do is all about "lets wait and see...." great zen master - get a grip and stop trying to sound wise - does the opposite. :lol:

lolzzzz Cheng every 3rd post you do is all about "lets wait and see...." great zen master - get a grip and stop trying to sound wise - does the opposite. :lol:

Of course. Quite often WAIT and SEE is prudent.

If this tablet offers all this performance at only 15k rupees, then it will sell well. However, how does one opine when the sale figures are not yet out? One has to wait and see what those figures are, right?

To me, shooting off words before tangible data are available is stupid, but you seem to disagree with that approach. :D

What private sector monopoly does the PAC exercise on consumer products, that would allow it to destroy any competition from private sector companies?

What private sector monopoly does the PAC exercise on consumer products, that would allow it to destroy any competition from private sector companies?

It would rather go against it.. as the PTCL evo tab with its monopoly in CDMA data technology has yet to grab a share of the market. Also.. the minute the Pakistani consumer reads "Chinese" their mind will drift to QC and a negative impression.
The only actual market for such products would be internal contracts being awarded within the military where there will be some whose pockets will be filled with kickbacks.
But then that is the story across the nation, sweeteners or no deal. Be it when you are selling internet tablets or orally administered ones.

Back
Top Bottom