What's new

Pakistan's first fatality of COVID-19 may have endangered thousands.

No, but it is our responsibility to step in and criticize and shut down those blaming an entire community for the actions of a particular government.

It is our responsibility to speak out against sectarian hate-mongering and blame games - silence is taken as acquiescence or support.

So what actions do you suggest Pakistan should take against Iranian government? Any trade or arms embargo or any protest registered at the Iranian foreign office?

So what actions do you suggest Pakistan should take against Iranian government? Any trade or arms embargo or any protest registered at the Iranian foreign office?
The Iranians are already struggling with US sanctions. We don't have significant enough trade with them for an embargo to do anything.

Iranian hands in spreading this plague into our land just can't be ignored.
Note this plague did orginate and spread from China but let's turn a blind eye to that. And Saudia Arabia has caused more harm, more destruction, more suffering and continues to do so. Ask any of Turks here and they will educate you on that. But then you have one eye muffed so there is no remedy for that.

Is that going to reverse the epidemic in Pakistan?
No, but it will polish his sectarian tendancies and win some brownies with House of Saud.

@PaklovesTurkiye see then only way you stopped your babbling and ran away from this thread until the blame was thrown on your own interests.

My apologies to all Pakistanis if I have hurt you in any way.

The Iranians are already struggling with US sanctions. We don't have significant enough trade with them for an embargo to do anything.

How about withdrawal from the peace mediation government is taking up with USA? Or an extended travel ban?

How about withdrawal from the peace mediation government is taking up with USA? Or an extended travel ban?
I think those kinds of steps would reduce what little leverage we have.

What would be more practical would be to recognize that we have tens of thousands of Pakistani pilgrims visit Iran every year and to take the lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic and engage with the Iranian government to put in place new protocols and guidelines on how to better deal with a similar situation in the future.

I think those kinds of steps would reduce what little leverage we have.

What would be more practical would be to recognize that we have tens of thousands of Pakistani pilgrims visit Iran every year and to take the lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic and engage with the Iranian government to put in place new protocols and guidelines on how to better deal with a similar situation in the future.

I think a travel ban would make them come to the table a little seriously.

We cannot let them have the first refusal to wage any kind of warfare they may fancy. People usually talk in a language the other can understand on the negotiation table.

No one is against your theology of soft power but soft states do not get soft power privileges.

We have 220 million people. Thousands travel everywhere for whatever reasons. Why point out Iran with special measures then?

I bet you if Saudi Arabia tomorrow announces COVID19 measures for Umrah and Hajj, you will not come with your shiny white horse to defend those.

It is beneficial to live in reality than hopping from one conspiracy bubble to another and take care of the members distributing these patriotism fatwas and sectarian fatwas.

The article can easily be used for any propaganda you like from dissing the culture to religion to governance to human instinct.

Poor woman. Such injustice. Can't hold back my tears.

Arrest her too. She is an accomplice. And don't provide her with a lawyer until she reverts back to Urdu or at least learns to speak in English.
Her cook was infected and they hid him and dispatched him to his village. They placed their own family in danger and the people who came in contact with her cook. Pmln media cell is trying to get her justified why just to defame govt when they them self know what she did was wrong.
I know these are hard times and we cannot come hard on people but this virus is also deadly and people need to be quarantined but some souls want to use this situation for their own advantage and that is the real reason which got IK elected in the first place and will further get him elected. Hurting Pakistan is the reason public rejected the past govt. Never forget that.

I think a travel ban would make them come to the table a little seriously.
I think if it helps leverage a better agreement then absolutely, use the threat of a travel ban.
We have 220 million people. Thousands travel everywhere for whatever reasons. Why point out Iran with special measures then?
We have first hand experience with the Chinese that they'll act responsibly and work with Pakistan in the event of an outbreak, so I don't think there is an issue there, but we should look into formalizing a framework for dealing with disease outbreaks in the future to prevent any miscommunication.
I bet you if Saudi Arabia tomorrow announces COVID19 measures for Umrah and Hajj, you will not come with your shiny white horse to defend those.
What measures? Saudi Arabia is a host country for pilgrims just like Iran is - if the Saudis and Iranians want to come up with measures that restrict the entry of pilgrims, there isn't much we can do. And on the subject of the Saudis, we should probably formalize a framework with the GCC countries along the lines of what has been proposed with the Iranians and Chinese given the large numbers of Pakistani pilgrims that go to Saudi Arabia & travel/work in GCC countries every year.

These are the kinds of positive and constructive measures we should be focusing on right now. We've maintained a relationship with Afghanistan, despite all the double crossing, hatred, claims on Pakistani territory and support for terrorism against Pakistan they've engaged in, so we're unlikely to take harsh measures against Iran which has engaged in a fraction of that kind of anti-Pakistan behavior.

I think if it helps leverage a better agreement then absolutely, use the threat of a travel ban.

We have first hand experience with the Chinese that they'll act responsibly and work with Pakistan in the event of an outbreak, so I don't think there is an issue there, but we should look into formalizing a framework for dealing with disease outbreaks in the future to prevent any miscommunication.

What measures? Saudi Arabia is a host country for pilgrims just like Iran is - if the Saudis and Iranians want to come up with measures that restrict the entry of pilgrims, there isn't much we can do. And on the subject of the Saudis, we should probably formalize a framework with the GCC countries along the lines of what has been proposed with the Iranians and Chinese given the large numbers of Pakistani pilgrims that go to Saudi Arabia & travel/work in GCC countries every year.

These are the kinds of positive and constructive measures we should be focusing on right now. We've maintained a relationship with Afghanistan, despite all the double crossing, hatred, claims on Pakistani territory and support for terrorism against Pakistan they've engaged in, so we're unlikely to take harsh measures against Iran which has engaged in a fraction of that kind of anti-Pakistan behavior.

Yeah lets go and play good cop and bad cop with everyone.

This was good practice in pre CV era but i think it is going to be all bad cop for post CV era.

So bottom line is what has happened has happened and if one blames Imran Khan he is anti Pakistani and one blames Iran he is sectarian?

Someone has struck gold and i did not get my 10 percent. That is just rude

Yeah lets go and play good cop and bad cop with everyone.

This was good practice in pre CV era but i think it is going to be all bad cop for post CV era.

So bottom line is what has happened has happened and if one blames Imran Khan he is anti Pakistani and one blames Iran he is sectarian?

Someone has struck gold and i did not get my 10 percent. That is just rude
I'm sorry you're disappointed that people aren't just lining up to scapegoat Iran or Imran Khan, but the reality is that problems such as the haphazard way in which Iran sent back Pakistani pilgrims can only be dealt with through negotiations with the host countries on developing SOP's and protocols on how to handle similar situations in the future. Without such an agreement and commitment by the host country to abide by it, there's nothing we can do.

What options do you think Pakistan has available if the Saudis and Emiratis decide to send back millions of Pakistanis starting tomorrow?

What's done is done. What we can do going forward is try and prevent a similar situation occurring again through engagement with countries that see large numbers of Pakistani visitors annually.

What options do you think Pakistan has available if the Saudis and Emiratis decide to send back millions of Pakistanis starting tomorrow?

Have them displaced to a nearby location if land has become haram on these Pakistanis by fascists.

Come out to the public and ask them to accommodate people in this time of plenty. there are thousands of housing schemes popping up middle of nowhere in Pakistan. bring them there in whatever 3rd world capacity we can.

It is a weak state if you have to rough up ambassadors to share intelligence. but there was no intelligence failure in this episode. the handsome prince had formal briefing one month ago and even before the first wave of what now we can call deportees from Iran.

The Saudis have already announced that they might cancel the Hajj. They are not sure and are watching the situation and I know it and I will not comment on it. I can give you my word cause I know it is difficult times. But this is not a confirm decision and situation can get better. It says they might and are observing the situation.

The Saudis have already announced that they might cancel the Hajj. They are not sure and are watching the situation and I know it and I will not comment on it. I can give you my word cause I know it is difficult times. But this is not a confirm decision and situation can get better. It says they might and are observing the situation.

People will do tawaf of the Kaaba, pray to their Lord Allah and slaughter in His name.

Inshallah.

Back
Top Bottom