What's new

Pakistan’s Evolving Nuclear Weapons Infrastructure

And I am a Pakistani as well - and probably know much more than you ever will. What is the point of your exhanges?

I addressed your first post in good faith. Your reactions are uncalled for. And lame denials on top.
At least your flags are ...
Good faith, let me see :D
8ZTNV6z.png

At least your flags are ...
Good faith, let me see :D
8ZTNV6z.png
And what is wrong in that?

This article is from Hans M. Kristensen (therefore my remark: everybody is not Rajj 47). Kristensen is a respectable figure, and undertand this stuff much better than average joe.

Since you boasting that this article is rubbish, how about you offer concrete rebuttals? This is discussion forum, right?

Rajj 47 did expose our ballistic missile testing grounds in Sindh - name of the location is censored on google maps but the base is real. Somebody remarked in the relevant thread that RAW give him pointers at times. This could be true.

EDIT: Correction in names

Last edited:
And what is wrong in that?

This article is from Tom Christensen (therefore my remark: everybody is not Rajj 47). Christensen is a respectable figure, and undertand this stuff much better than average joe.

Since you boasting that this article is rubbish, how about you offer concrete rebuttals? This is discussion forum, right?

Rajj 47 did expose our ballistic missile testing grounds in Sindh. Somebody remarked that RAW give him information. This could be.
No mate, I don't need to. If you think I'm wrong..no problem. I didn't impose my opinion on anyone, it was a free-standing comment. But on the contrary you are reactive and trying to impose your BS on me again and again and I won't entertain unfortunately. Now rok sako tu rok lo...

Article give this impression because it is showing strategic locations. Nukes cannot be everywhere.

Wishful thinking, bro.

Top-of-the-line surveillance assets are all-weather day and night capable in their mission.

Real stuff produce emissions which can be picked. Engine of a vehicle produce heat, doesn't it? This heat is sufficient to invite a lock.

We are not producing out-of-the-world stuff which cannot be understood. People need to get real.

Next you will say that Masroor Air Base is myth? Bro, time to wake up.

Everybody is not Rajj 47. Even he has spotted a lot, with commercial grade stuff. He exposed our ballistic missile testing grounds in Sindh. This is perhaps the relevant thread was removed.
No.
Surveillance or spy satellites still need sunlight to see.
Reality is different from Hollywood.

No.
Let him believe whatever he wishes. I'm not here to teach anyone. I just expressed my opinion but the mate made a mission to prove me wrong.

The tactical nuclear-capable launchers do not present a strategic threat to India due to their short range, but their introduction into the Pakistani armed forces raises important questions about early dispersal of nuclear warheads and launch authority in a crisis as well as potential earlier use of nuclear weapons in a conflict with India.
Why you did not mention about the other long range missiles and fighter bombers capable of striking deep inside india when you were talking about strategic threat ?? why only the tactical nukes came in your awesome analyst mind?
These days every tom,dick and harry is becoming a online defense analyst and producing such fine articles :lol:

Lol. People these days.
Bloody clones :)

No.
Please keep in mind that state-of-the-art surveillance capabilities are barely advertised and explained in the public domain. Therefore, not easy for me to tell you much, but I will try.

When people talk about spy satellites, they typically assume one with a telescope pointed towards Earth's surface. This is a misconception.

1. Optical Imaging - Sunlight driven*
2. Electromagnetic Spectrum Imaging - EO/IR (Infrared; Ultraviolet; and more)
3. Radar Imaging - SAR
4. Laser Imaging

Spy satellites can be directed to scan a particular region of interest in STEREO (1 x EO/IR and 1 x Radar Imaging observing the same spot) or MOSAIC (Constellation level observation of the same spot), collect relevant information, and transmit it to the relevant agency in real-time (i.e. digital communication system), and the agency in turn transform the accumulated data into incredibly rich 3-D imaging on a supercomputer in short order. STEREO and MOSAIC observations provide persistent coverage of movements of objects on the surface and/or even in space.

SPAC_Satellite_TecSar_Details_lg.jpg

Radar imaging is a robust technique; it works during the day, in the night, and penetrate through the clouds (X-band), smoke and even stormy conditions - no hindrances. Even commercial solutions are incredibly powerful. In fact, there are rumors that some of the stuff can see stealthy aircraft (ghost imaging).

I have seen a few high quality SAR images. State-of-the-art sensors are sensitive to surface roughness, can map entire landscapes, and are excellent for measuring characteristics of a huge number of objects in order to distinguish them. A radar instrument actively sends its own radio waves towards its target and then measures what is reflected back.

SAR.png

Courtesy of SNL

Believe me - that is not a camera shot but an example of SAR image processing. Relatively better and sharper results in classified territory. Military-grade radar coverage from space, in essence.

State-of-the-art EO/IR assets are approaching SAR assets in terms of robustness in monitoring activities. Besides scanning the surface to pick on activities of interest from virtually anywhere, these can be made to observe flight of a ballistic missile from birth (boost) to death (terminal) in real time [MOTION SENSITIVITY], and distinguish its components along the way - even in the Earth Shadow.

STSS satellites in STEREO - tracking movement of a threat cloud in real-time.

pgL_ST-12019_018.jpg

Now, combine the result of radar imaging with the result of an EO/IR system of the same location, and you will have incredibly rich information for the particular location at hand to work with.

Spy satellites are also positioned in different orbits and can talk to each other in order to provide persistent coverage of developments in regions of interest worldwide.

US established a constellation of Lacrosse radar imaging and Kh-11 EO/IR spy satellites to observe movements of ballistic missiles, transportation of nuclear weapons, and other nighttime Soviet military activities back in the days of Cold War. There were gaps in global satellite coverage back then and limited number of satellites could talk to each other. This is no longer the case.

Not just spy satellites but US have developed state-of-the-art surveillance drones which can operate in space for years to complement work of spy satellites - if need be. These assets bridge potential gaps in orbital mechanics.

141329858120078.png

Global Hawk surveillance drone serve as endo- atmospheric layer for similar ends. Overview in this link: http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/GlobalHawk/Pages/default.aspx

FYI: https://news.northropgrumman.com/ne...k-expands-satellite-communications-capability

Multi-spectral imaging from a drone:-

Multispectral.png

(a) = Visible (Normal)
(b) = NIR
(c) = MWIR
(d) = LWIR

STEREO and MOSAIC observation techniques are virtually impossible to defeat (spy satellites are jam-resistant by virtue of special substances, design characteristics and sheer power; and multiple methods of surveillance - in tandem - see through various tricks on the surface). They can see any object up to 5 cm in size at smallest and even underground structures to an extent. Not easy to track and shoot them down either; many are orbiting Earth at extreme speeds (MACH 23 - 25) and can even change course.

Heck, capabilities of Google Geoeye-1 will surprise you. You have to pay to access its functions though. Somebody used Geoeye-1 to discover existence of a Chinese replica of F-117 aircraft (RAM coated), not long ago: http://www.stormclimb.com/2011/08/16/chinese-f-117-full-size-replica-a-cause-for-concern/

Data of Geoeye-1 can be utilized to understand the composition of deeply buried strategic locations as well. For example:

geoeye-1-iran-qom-nuclear-facilities.jpg

---

*Replacements have begun: https://www.defenseone.com/technolo...llites-just-got-exponentially-smaller/140700/

---

A country that have upper-hand in surveillance, firepower, and defenses, will utterly dominate conventional and nuclear battle-spaces.

US have fielded largest and most powerful surveillance apparatus in the world with legs across sea, land, air and space. They have accumulated incredible amount of data by now, and continue to do so. American presence in Afghanistan have served them well on various fronts. A rag-tag group like Afghan Taliban doesn't matter in the long-term; just an excuse to prolong stay in Afghanistan. Probing Pakistani and Iranian defenses was a rewarding endeavor on the other hand, and they have. We think short-term but they think long-term.

When you understand the bigger picture, then you realize that there is no room for ifs and buts. What I have disclosed in this post is not even half picture. I have just given some pointers.

So yes! Wishful thinking on your end, brah. We show them what we want them to see, is not wise to say LMAO. They see what they want to see, is correct in large part. Scores of fellow Pakistani are clueless in this regard unfortunately.

Last edited:
@LeGenD so we can safely assume that USA know everything about Pak nukes installations, deployment, localisation of all warheads etc ?

@LeGenD so we can safely assume that USA know everything about Pak nukes installations, deployment, localisation of all warheads etc ?
The techniques he is mentioning such as SAR and multiple sensors layering images on top of each other to get a very high resolution image are good for terrestrial and fixed features. Moving targets, a military vehicle covered with nets, wont give a good radar reflection and wont appear as clear in SAR Image and neither in IR image.

The techniques he is mentioning such as SAR and multiple sensors layering images on top of each other to get a very high resolution image are good for terrestrial and fixed features. Moving targets, a military vehicle covered with nets, wont give a good radar reflection and wont appear as clear in SAR Image and neither in IR image.
Nets are useful for concealing stationary targets from optical imaging (although observers are not fooled), but a net is unlikely to suppress engine heat of an important military vehicle (e.g. TEL) while in motion, and this thermal emission may invite a lock from an EO/IR spy satellite*.

*Each SBIRS satellite have two sensor systems onboard. These sensors are independently tasked in a manner that the satellite can scan a wide territory and fixate on a particular area of concern simultaneously.

SBIRS-ScanStare.jpg

Traditional scanning:

DSP-Lockheed.jpg

An SBIRS satellite can obtain a lock on the thermal signature of an important military vehicle (e.g. TEL) and track its movement afterwards (remote-sensing) until it stop somewhere. If an SBIRS satellite is unable to follow through, it might alert an appropriate alternative in the vicinity (e.g. Global Hawk) to do the needful; beauty of data links and C4ISR.

588d0dcb396f2.png

This footage convey the basic idea:

The sensor made all details (including rotating blades) mute, and did the needful.

Learn more about SBIRS from here: https://missilethreat.csis.org/defsys/sbirs/

There are some spy satellites which can infiltrate communications.

@Vortex

Last edited:
I heard in 2015 from reliable sources that 175 Indian cities were targetted by Pakistani Nukes. These must be by intermediate and long range ballistic missiles. So the number of nukes must be considerably larger since submarine launched Baburs were not included in the figures.

Re-visit this figure of 2015. We're almost in 2019 etc, and be assured, the number of targets is phenomenal, enough to deter not only zionist hindus, but zionist yehudis and their pale face protectors - ahem... naming no names here! :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom