What's new

Pakistan's English Obssession & Lack of Linguistic Pride

Pakistan , Ki Adalat e Azma

There is no Urdu word called "aaf".

Supreme Court of Pakistan

Proper Urdu = عدالت عظمیٰ پاکستان

Bhongi Urdu =
pic_1519638413.jpg

Somebody tell me what does the word "aaf" mean in Urdu.

Well the problem is not English or Urdu , but the problem really is we only have 30-35 % real educated people 20% are just graduates by name only. And 50% population is not very literate

Literacy rate has to be 95%-99% in order to have a society that follows conventional reasoning

The 30-35% who do have certain credentials , are more focused on English because it is needed for work, so they tend to introduce English words in Urdu context
No they are mental slaves or "House negroes". One can learn speak both languages properly without murdering them both. I have met such people both here in the UK and Pakistan, and they just wanna show off that they can speak a few English words...
and beside speak what you want, but on official buildings and places, please use both languages properly...

world is becoming global village , internet , tv , telephone , facebook, whatsap , you have to mix internationally accepted words in local dialect. you can not live in a closed room.
No. Disagree. Pakistanis need to preserve Urdu, at least Urdu if not other regional languages. One does not need to murder both English and Urdu in the process.

Language change with time especially urdu which is amalgamation of sansikrat and Farsi. Now due to importance of english, its words are also being added.
Guys take it with a pinch of salt :-) no body is going to understand Muqtadra shari Hawabazi, people will understand civil aviation authority
Well then the State has failed in educating its people....it is a sign of "linguistic occupation" if a people can understand another language but not understand their own national language....

When languages and cultures are destroyed by incompetency, you get something like this. Behold the Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority's "translation" of Islamabad International Airport.

33994759_1930912003635441_1305825686123970560_n.jpg

International = بین اقوامی (Bainul Aqwami)
Airport =ہوائی اڈے (Hawai Adda)

Makes me wonder what the average IQ is of the people running this government department. Oh...well this should answer my question about IQ...read the Urdu translation of Civil Aviation Authority. "Ceevul Aay Vee Aay Shun Ator It Tee"

33995521_1826259274349551_2277990227903512576_n.jpg

Civil can be قومی
Aviation = هوا بازی
Authority = مقتدرہ

And this nonsense is not an isolated incident. Just last month, The Citizens Archive of Pakistan inaugurated the "National History Museum" as the "نیشنل ہستورے میوزیم".

Museum =عجائب گھر (Ajaib Ghar)
National = قومی (Quami)
History = تاریخ (Tareekh)

And I don't even know WTF this is? Brought to you be Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy. These illiterate mutts can't even speak proper English or Urdu...god only knows if they can speak their own mother tongues properly.

33943279_1930916220301686_4716848911145238528_n.jpg

Stop allowing incompetent government departments and bourgeoisie civil society groups to destroy our cultures and our languages. This is not just about Urdu...all our languages in Pakistan are under threat due to ignorance like this.
Pakistanis are not free. Politically, economically, linguistically...mental slavery...

I've also posted this online at my FB page. Some people found no problem with these translations. Sad.

Somebody tell me...WTF is this? I wrote down the Urdu translation myself on the left hand side. How hard is this for people?

30724529_1882244978502144_8754051086291042304_n.jpg

30739754_1882245065168802_786233221397348352_n.jpg

30705324_1882245005168808_4145339852407177216_n.jpg
Those people are mental slaves...I also have met such Pakistanis, who just wanna show off that they know English...soon when the hear of Allama Iqbal they will think he was a Iranian poet or something....

Of = Ki or Ka

پاکستان کا عدالت عظمیٰ

Thats the literal translation

Huh?

Hi,

So---what is the big deal---. We have been sitting on the highway of the invaders for thousands of years---.

Our language would change by default due to the activity in the region of foreign forces---.

Lol that was a NATURAL PROGRESSION that took thousands of years. People like you make me sick.

You people don't know proper English, proper Urdu or your own mother tongues. Lol. Patethic.

No. Disagree. Pakistanis need to preserve Urdu, at least Urdu if not other regional languages. One does not need to murder both English and Urdu in the process.

Well then the State has failed in educating its people....it is a sign of "linguistic occupation" if a people can understand another language but not understand their own national language....

Pakistanis are not free. Politically, economically, linguistically...mental slavery...

Those people are mental slaves...I also have met such Pakistanis, who just wanna show off that they know English...soon when the hear of Allama Iqbal they will think he was a Iranian poet or something....
Seriously...have you read some of the replies in this topic?

These are what I call Deasmd Pakistanis. No self respect, no linguistic respect, no cultural respect. But if someone doesn't know a Kalma, they will lambast that person.

Arab slaves and British colonial house niggas.

Huh?

Lol that was a NATURAL PROGRESSION that took thousands of years. People like you make me sick.

You people don't know proper English, proper Urdu or your own mother tongues. Lol. Patethic.

These are what I call Deasmd Pakistanis. No self respect, no linguistic respect, no cultural respect. But if someone doesn't know a Kalma, they will lambast that person.

Bravo!
Although Muslim Pakistanis ought to know the Kalimas and indeed in my opinion Classical Arabic should be taught at schools as it would help people in understanding the Last Revealed Book to Mankind... But I am dreaming as Pakistan cannot even teach Urdu at schools...

Last edited:

Of...mental slavery...

Of course it failed. That is why we have this forum in English. But I think it's a small failure compared to other failures of state

Of course it failed. That is why we have this forum in English. But I think it's a small failure compared to other failures of state
It is a big failure. As to how big...I do not know...

Regarding this forum, I think the reason for being in English mainly is to allow non Pakistanis to be involved. Although I do hope Urdu plays a more prominent role...it will help improve my Urdu....

Huh?

Hi,

So we don't---. That has stopped any progress directly---only stoppage has been due to corruption---.

You should be more concerned about issues of character---rather than the issues of linguistic skills---.

Pakistanis and indians still feel pride over english language considering it to be a symbol of intelligence and being civilised just like western world.

@Indus Priest King Slaves have no Pride,get it mate.
White people keep their language, they have pride in themselves. All white countries are run in their own language, and the 'language of education' is their own.

English is a strange language, the darker the people, the more important it becomes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom