What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

A good option for friend states appeared. Turkey's new truck mounted howitzer called Yavuz introduced.

C-kYEhsXoAAKa3s.jpg
img_3968-jpg.393677

It's same Panter 155mm Gun on some Turkish truck. We can do the same i think we already making this gun under license and Turkey won't have any problem regarding this i think?

It's same Panter 155mm Gun on some Turkish truck. We can do the same i think we already making this gun under license and Turkey won't have any problem regarding this i think?

Production of Panter 155mm Was stopped long ago read it on this forum

Than it's not a good idea if it's same Panter Gun because Panter is way to heavy

We stopped it for a reason !!!! and that is it's way to heavy

Nope that's not the reason we completed the desired order. We can't just keep manufacture something even if we don't have any further order.

Pakistan Army is now just looking for SPH to full fill future requirements.

Nope that's not the reason we completed the desired order. We can't just keep manufacture something even if we don't have any further order.

Sir production was stopped and this means Army didn't wanted this Artillery after inducting few they realized How heavy it is so production was stopped Army wanted lot more towed Artillery Guns but Panter was way to heavy

Sir production was stopped and this means Army didn't wanted this Artillery after inducting few they realized How heavy it is so production was stopped Army wanted lot more towed Artillery Guns but Panter was way to heavy

Haven't they knew about it's weight earlier? Thing's not happens like the way you're saying. orders doesn't take so long without reasons customer always aware of his needs then they analyze the product test it if it get successful then the order gets green signal.

Last edited:

Panter is a bit of a mystery there was a report of it being inducted but it never went any further. Army then started Trials of SH1 which didn't do well because just in the past months Denel T5 and NORA B52 were tested. So we can safely say that Panter and SH1 are not being considered. However the search for Truck Chassis based gun is on.

If Panter was going to be produced and as our Hazrat is saying that it was the weight issue then who knows it mounted on Truck Chassis might make PA consider it again.

Panter is a bit of a mystery there was a report of it being inducted but it never went any further. Army then started Trials of SH1 which didn't do well because just in the past months Denel T5 and NORA B52 were tested. So we can safely say that Panter and SH1 are not being considered. However the search for Truck Chassis based gun is on.

If Panter was going to be produced and as our Hazrat is saying that it was the weight issue then who knows it mounted on Truck Chassis might make PA consider it again.

You're claiming something new. but all the valid sources confirms Pakistan has inducted Panter even manufacture under license in HIT.

You're claiming something new. but all the valid sources confirms Pakistan has inducted Panter even manufacture under license in HIT.
We have discussed it on this very thread go back some pages, some of the senior members have even brought some info to enforce the argument that Panther is in limited few numbers

We stopped it for a reason !!!! and that is it's way to heavy

It was heavy and having difficulties on maneuvrability although she has its own propulsion. No need to mention the number of crew and time to be ready to fire and difficulties to change the position. Complexity made Panter howitzer open to malfuctions on field so Turkish Army has stopped production when it was ~40 and MKE Yavuz truck mounted howitzer project was borned. It uses same Panter gun on a truck and it just need 1minutes to be ready for fire, 1-2minutes to change position with 90km max speed. 150 MKE Yavuz in order. I suppose All existing Panter howitzers will be upgraded to Yavuz.

img_3969-jpg.393680

As far as I know, A few Panter howitzer is given to Pakistani Artillery school as a gift or cheaper prize under the friendship of two brother states. I don't suppose Pakistan ordered Panter howitzers officially.

It was heavy and having difficulties on maneuvrability although she has its own propulsion. No need to mention the number of crew and time to be ready to fire and difficulties to change the position. Complexity made Panter howitzer open to malfuctions on field so Turkish Army has stopped production when it was ~40 and MKE Yavuz truck mounted howitzer project was borned. It uses same Panter gun on a truck and it just need 1minutes to be ready for fire, 1-2minutes to change position with 90km max speed. 150 MKE Yavuz in order. I suppose All existing Panter howitzers will be upgraded to Yavuz.

img_3969-jpg.393680

As far as I know, A few Panter howitzer is given to Pakistani Artillery school as a gift or cheaper prize under the friendship of two brother states. I don't suppose Pakistan ordered Panter howitzers officially.
very promising project

Haven't they knew about it's weight earlier? Thing's not happens like the way you're saying. orders doesn't take so long without reasons customer always aware of his needs then they analyze the product test it if it get successful then the order gets green signal.

Exactly !

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom